The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlhenning

Quote from: Brian on November 04, 2010, 08:13:44 AM
But the box contains no orchestral works...

Ah, I was too elliptical.  There is a box of Hindemith conducting the Berliner Philharmoniker in his own works, including the Opus 49 Konzertmusik for piano, brass & harps. I believe Haas plays the concertante piano on that recording.

Scarpia

Quote from: Maciek on November 04, 2010, 08:12:44 AM
Where?

Oh, OK, I notice the address you took the pic from. MDT, then?

Correct!

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on November 04, 2010, 08:19:28 AM
Ah, I was too elliptical.  There is a box of Hindemith conducting the Berliner Philharmoniker in his own works, including the Opus 49 Konzertmusik for piano, brass & harps. I believe Haas plays the concertante piano on that recording.

Also correct.  Before recording for Erato she was a DG artist.

Not to be confused with Werner Haas, who also recorded a complete Ravel + Debussy solo piano cycle for Philips.

Maciek

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on November 04, 2010, 08:19:28 AM

She has recorded the Ravel PCs though, for DG, and at least the G Major is a magnificent recording (I don't own the other one).

The new erato

11 euros on amazon.fr.

Lots of amazing bargains in this series; Bruckner/Wand, Beethoven/Budapest, Brahms/Rubinstein, van Cliburn concertoes, Mahler/Levine......

Grazioso

Quote from: erato on November 06, 2010, 02:10:02 AM

11 euros on amazon.fr.

Lots of amazing bargains in this series; Bruckner/Wand, Beethoven/Budapest, Brahms/Rubinstein, van Cliburn concertoes, Mahler/Levine......

Any link to a page listing the complete series? Thanks.
There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact. --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Brian

Quote from: George on November 16, 2010, 04:55:19 AM
Seconded.

I can't even find the Reiner:

http://www.amazon.fr/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?__mk_fr_FR=%C5M%C5Z%D5%D1&url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=RCA+Reiner+Strauss+Quixote

Too many search terms. Just type in Reiner Strauss and it comes right up. Amazon is terrible at tagging things so I always search for the minimum terminology...

Grazioso

There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact. --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Brian

WHOA. That will be a beast to pack back to the States since my suitcases were full coming over. But I've been eyeing the expensive individual releases in that series for a long time and just can't miss this. Thanks, Orpheus  8) 8)

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Orpheus on November 22, 2010, 11:39:28 PM
Good mornig Wagnerians...

Orpheus  ;)

Looks like it's finally time to acquire my 12th Ring  ;D

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Orpheus

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on November 23, 2010, 01:41:48 AM

Sarge

Sorry, but there is no more super offer... it was around 8 euros... :(

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Orpheus on November 23, 2010, 02:06:21 AM
Sorry, but there is no more super offer... it was around 8 euros... :(

I received a confirmation email from Amazon listing the price as €8.59 We'll see if the marketplace seller (Spartaner) honors the price or not. His offer is no longer listed. Maybe I grabbed the last one? Hope springs eternal  :D

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

karlhenning

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on November 23, 2010, 01:41:48 AM

Sarge, many thanks for the smile!

canninator

Quote from: Brian on November 22, 2010, 01:51:56 PM
WHOA. That will be a beast to pack back to the States since my suitcases were full coming over. But I've been eyeing the expensive individual releases in that series for a long time and just can't miss this. Thanks, Orpheus  8) 8)

Yes, at that price for the set I purchased without thinking twice.

Coopmv

Quote from: Brian on November 22, 2010, 01:51:56 PM

Brian,   No problems.  You need to automate your one-click checkout on Amazon ...    ;)