The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

I wanted to order the Britten box, but by Jove its already 50 pounds, so I simply have to wait for a new opportunity, simply saw this one a tad too late. >:(

FideLeo

Quote from: Que on January 16, 2011, 04:32:49 AM
Long time no see... :o Welcome back! :)

Q

Hi Q

Thanks!  :)  Hope to visit again soon.

ps. It looks like the 'deal' has fooled quite a few over in France as well.
http://bons-plans-classique.blogspot.com/2011/01/coffret-real-chopin-21-cd-11.html
HIP for all and all for HIP! Harpsichord for Bach, fortepiano for Beethoven and pianoforte for Brahms!

scarlattiglenross

http://www.frozenreeds.com/
Now available: Morton Feldman - Crippled Symmetry: at June in Buffalo, performed by The Feldman Soloists (Eberhard Blum, Nils Vigeland, Jan Williams)

mc ukrneal

Quote from: scarlattiglenross on January 17, 2011, 03:04:57 AM
Finally got a shipping notification for this... there is hope after all.
It's now down to $13.17!! Though out of stock...
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

scarlattiglenross

It was out of stock when I ordered in mid-December, and has remained so since (with price fluctuations). Still worth a shot, I'd say.
Now available: Morton Feldman - Crippled Symmetry: at June in Buffalo, performed by The Feldman Soloists (Eberhard Blum, Nils Vigeland, Jan Williams)

Coopmv

Quote from: Opus106 on January 14, 2011, 06:49:44 AM
Aren't you proud/overjoyed that Elgar is valued more? ;)

Only Elgarian cares about if Elgar is more highly valued ...     ;D

rubio

I received it yesterday 8).
"One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain" Bob Marley

Opus106

Quote from: rubio on January 18, 2011, 09:34:19 PM
I received it yesterday 8).

And I, on the 13th. :) The shipping notification, that is.
Regards,
Navneeth

The new erato

I got my shipping confirmation the 28th December, and received it yesterday. As rubio, another Norwegian, did. A grand total of 140 NOK incl P&P, equal to around $24 or £15. The shipping was about half the cost.

scarlattiglenross

Quote from: erato on January 19, 2011, 12:25:07 AM
I got my shipping confirmation the 28th December, and received it yesterday. As rubio, another Norwegian, did. A grand total of 140 NOK incl P&P, equal to around $24 or £15. The shipping was about half the cost.

Don't NOK it 'til you've tried it.

listener

Quote from: ukrneal on January 17, 2011, 03:10:54 AM
BACH ORGAN WORKS     KOOPMAN
It's now down to $13.17!! Though out of stock...
Gone up to $13.37!    Still not in stock  though.    1/7th the price of the Canadian souce.
"Keep your hand on the throttle and your eye on the rail as you walk through life's pathway."

Antoine Marchand

Quote from: Antoine Marchand on January 14, 2011, 04:41:16 PM
Apparently my conclusions were not wrong. Now when this link above is clicked the price shown is £71.99 and the box set is announced for the next Monday... I ordered it for £9.08, VAT excl. Anyway, it will take some weeks to know the result of this bet.  :)

The story continues... Another policial story, better than the story of Vernet's set.  :)

Today I found this review on Amazon UK, regarding the "Real Chopin" set that I purchased for £9.08, VAT excl., and now tagged £71.99:

Quote1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware!, 19 Jan 2011
By
Baron Scarpia - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Real Chopin (Audio CD)
This is a warning to those tempted by the offer of a 21 disc boxed set of The Real Chopin. This is misadvertised by Amazon; the actual item is a single disc of the complete Chopin songs, still from the Chopin Institute (NIFC) but not the 21 disc boxed set. I hope/ trust that Amazon will revise their product information (and price!) accordingly.

One star is for Amazon's info, not the quality of the disc, btw.

You may believe what you want, but this review sounds very strange.

A guy who paid £71.99 for a single disc and even take some time to clarify: "One star is for Amazon's info, not the quality of the disc, btw". In fact when this guy wrote his "review" the set had been tagged £71.99 during several weeks.

Additionally, how this guy has this info if the set or disc has never been available since it was announced.

And the nickname of the reviewer! My God!  ;D ;D ;D

FideLeo

Quote from: Antoine Marchand on January 22, 2011, 12:39:45 PM
The story continues...

Yes.  The price has been changed back to £12.99 (with VAT obviously) today.  No other change is made, but no more 'mispricing'.  Makes me wonder what they will eventually deliver to the hundreds of people who pre-ordered.  >:D
HIP for all and all for HIP! Harpsichord for Bach, fortepiano for Beethoven and pianoforte for Brahms!

Que

Quote from: masolino on January 23, 2011, 08:15:15 PM
Yes.  The price has been changed back to £12.99 (with VAT obviously) today.  No other change is made, but no more 'mispricing'.  Makes me wonder what they will eventually deliver to the hundreds of people who pre-ordered.  >:D

Interesting, maybe I have another go! ;D

With Amazon proper that is. I sent a email to a marketplace seller that offered at 40 pounds, asking if the offer was correct. Could have well been, for that price. But he replied that he would check, and subsequnetely withdrew his offer... ::)

Q

FideLeo

Quote from: Que on January 23, 2011, 10:18:45 PM
Interesting, maybe I have another go! ;D

With Amazon proper that is. I sent a email to a marketplace seller that offered at 40 pounds, asking if the offer was correct. Could have well been, for that price. But he replied that he would check, and subsequnetely withdrew his offer... ::)

Q

By all means.  The more the merrier.  ;)

minimal music

Scarpia

Well, this is not super-bargain, but another volume of the St. Petersburg Quartet Shostakovich cycle as appeared on Hyperion's "please buy me."  I think this is the forth volume of the series to appear there recently.

Also, two volumes of Angela Hewitt's Beethoven cycle are there.  There has to be something strange going on when discs containing the "Pathetique" and "Appasionata" sonatas are the worst selling discs in a record companies catalog.  (Makes me feel I need to have them.   :-[)

minamazzini

Hurrah!!! Chopin Box arrived and is as it said in the listing after all...21 cds, two played, both excellent and very happy-making.
Amazon kept to their price after all, and it's still there for £12.77 today...so tempting to buy another only I couldn't think of anyone to give it to :(
Jordi Savall box from Virgin on Amazon seems good value - 8 cds for £9.99 España Antigua...somehow it found it's way into my basket... ;D
Hope all who hoped to got their Chopin Box too today :)

Opus106

Quote from: minamazzini on January 25, 2011, 12:23:13 PM
so tempting to buy another only I couldn't think of anyone to give it to :(

Hi! I believe we haven't met before... :)

:D
Regards,
Navneeth

minamazzini

hello there :D
it's only my third post...I was getting anxious about the Real Chopin Box set and found this forum which set my mind at rest, well, nearly at rest! It's great having all these people discussing things I'm interested in... :) A very happy state of affairs. I'm sure there was a bit of the site to introduce myself and I must go back and find it...