The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken B

Ken B

Monteverdi Madrigals, Rooley & Consort of Musicke on Virgin, 7 cd, $22 Canadian at Grigorian. Few left. Does not include books 4 and 5. http://grigorian.com/webstore/view.php?iid=1101533

Ken B

Amazon.ca has good prices on Sony boxes. Especially this one, 7cd Tafelmusik plays haydn symphonies, $20 Canadian http://www.amazon.ca/Haydn-Symphonies-41-47-50-52-64-65/dp/B005TLWOH2/ref=pd_sim_m_13

MyronM

Scarpia

Quote from: MyronM on October 09, 2012, 07:22:42 PM
On Amazon.es, the Philips 111 55 CD Original Jackets Box Edition is going for 17.59 Euros!  Just snapped up a copy.

[asin]B0091HVMVO[/asin]

http://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B0091HVMVO/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=bonsplanscl05-21&linkCode=as2&camp=3626&creative=24822&creativeASIN=B0091HVMVO

Makes me wish I wanted the set (if it is Philips and I like it I probably already have it).  Presumably it's a pricing error, and it will be interesting to see how long before they fix it, and whether they honor orders already placed.

bigshot

Yow! I already had it on preorder from Amazon.it, but I couldn't pass that up. If it comes through, it would make a mighty fine Christmas gift for someone on my list.

listener

Thanks, I've just 1-click ordered it, will wait to see what happens.
The price is most likely a mis-type with a digit missing - EUR 107.-- or 117.--  more likely correct.
Probably will be reported as not yet available for 13 weeks hoping these orders will be cancelled.
"Keep your hand on the throttle and your eye on the rail as you walk through life's pathway."

North Star

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

jut1972

Missed it :(  it was showing as 85 euro on the product page but 17 in the charts where it was number 1 unsuprisingly, now 85 everywhere.

have it on pre order in the uk as well gutted..

Good luck to those who got an order in as a pre order I think they will honour it

trung224

Quote from: MyronM on October 09, 2012, 07:22:42 PM
On Amazon.es, the Philips 111 55 CD Original Jackets Box Edition is going for 17.59 Euros!  Just snapped up a copy.

[asin]B0091HVMVO[/asin]

http://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B0091HVMVO/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=bonsplanscl05-21&linkCode=as2&camp=3626&creative=24822&creativeASIN=B0091HVMVO
Thank you, MyronM. I have only three  from 55CDs and at this price, I can't pass up

North Star

Quote from: trung224 on October 10, 2012, 04:51:34 AM

Thank you, MyronM. I have only three  from 55CDs and at this price, I can't pass up
The price has gone way up already, though.

My photographs on Flickr

trung224

Quote from: North Star on October 10, 2012, 05:15:45 AM
The price has gone way up already, though.
Actually, I  have pre-ordered on today morning, when  price still was 17 Euro. My previous comment is only to credit MyronM

North Star

Quote from: trung224 on October 10, 2012, 05:33:42 AM
   Actually, I  have pre-ordered on today morning, when  price still was 17 Euro. My previous comment is only to credit MyronM
Good. The present tense fooled me.

My photographs on Flickr

North Star

QuoteDear customer: we get in touch with you to inform you of the price of the product ' Philips 111 - Ed.Ltda. Box Set (55 Cd)' (ASIN: B0091HVMVO) was wrong at the time of placing your order on Amazon.es. The sale of this product at the incorrect price would have been a sale low cost, which is not allowed by law, so we have been forced to cancel your order. Have the peace of mind that we have not uploaded the amount on your credit or debit card. If you still want to buy this product, please make a new order online. Once your order is ready for shipment we will charge you the correct amount in payment method and we will send to you it. Please excuse any inconvenience this situation may have caused. We assure you that we will continue putting all our efforts to ensure that the prices of the products on our website are correct and that our customers always receive a treatment of unimpaired quality.

Illegal... yeah, right.

My photographs on Flickr

MyronM

Quote from: North Star on October 11, 2012, 04:33:41 AM
Dear customer: we get in touch with you to inform you of the price of the product ' Philips 111 - Ed.Ltda. Box Set (55 Cd)' (ASIN: B0091HVMVO) was wrong at the time of placing your order on Amazon.es. The sale of this product at the incorrect price would have been a sale low cost, which is not allowed by law, so we have been forced to cancel your order. Have the peace of mind that we have not uploaded the amount on your credit or debit card. If you still want to buy this product, please make a new order online. Once your order is ready for shipment we will charge you the correct amount in payment method and we will send to you it. Please excuse any inconvenience this situation may have caused. We assure you that we will continue putting all our efforts to ensure that the prices of the products on our website are correct and that our customers always receive a treatment of unimpaired quality.

Illegal... yeah, right.

I got the same message today.  Oh well.  I guess the Amazon low price guarantee (which for this item was prominently displayed on the web page) for ordered products is a sham.

Scarpia

Quote from: MyronM on October 11, 2012, 06:13:55 AM
I got the same message today.  Oh well.  I guess the Amazon low price guarantee (which for this item was prominently displayed on the web page) for ordered products is a sham.

Amazon's low price guarantee states that they will not charge you a price which is higher than the lowest price they offered on the item between your order and you shipment.  They did not charge you anything, so they did not violate this guarantee.

According to US law, if you order something and it is not available, the vendor is required to notify you within a specified time window and give you the option of canceling the order.   The vendor cannot charge you more than you agreed to pay, but they are allowed to inform you that the order cannot be filled.

I once got the complete Levine Ring on DVD for the price of Rhinegold alone, due to a pricing error.  They shipped to me, probably because their computer decided they would loose more money by pissing me off than by filling the order.  But that was generosity on their part.

Brian

Maybe that's under some kind of Spanish law? Amazon US (and Naxos Direct) have honored massive pricing errors for me before. Naxos sent me an order of 6 box sets, each containing 25 CDs, when they mispriced them as $3.00 instead of $75. I was even mistakenly forwarded a panicky email saying "oh god we posted the wrong price."

mc ukrneal

Quote from: MyronM on October 11, 2012, 06:13:55 AM
Unless we know what the relevent law says, your statement may not be accurate. Some European countries have restrictions on when sales are allowed. Violating them can result in fines and such.
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: mc ukrneal on October 11, 2012, 06:59:37 AM
Unless we know what the relevent law says, your statement may not be accurate. Some European countries have restrictions on when sales are allowed. Violating them can result in fines and such.

Tha way I read his letter, they are saying that they cannot, by law, sell something below cost. I'm sure that the rationale is that this practice would be anti-competitive or something like that. It's EU, not US. Actually, that sounds fair to me. AN error was made and they are trying to rectify it. I'm sure they don't want to piss you off, but also sure they don't want to piss off the law dogs either!    $:)

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)