The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnthonyAthletic

I originally ordered two, one for a mate at work. Got this email now.  Looks like they cancel one but will send me one as a goodwill gesture.  Sinopoli could yet be a goer!  :laugh:

Hello,

We're writing to inform you that the price for

'Berg, Schoenberg, Webern - Staatskapelle Dresden, Giuseppe Sinopoli [8 CD]'
(Asin: B001HAWUKA)

was displayed incorrectly at the time you placed the above referenced

As a gesture of goodwill we will honour one unit for each order placed at the lower price.  All other affected units have now been cancelled.  If you still wish to purchase another unit of this item, please place a new order online which will be charged at the correct price, when we dispatch it to you.

We're sorry for any inconvenience caused and hope to see you again soon.

Warmest regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk.

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying"      (Arthur C. Clarke)

Opus106

Quote from: Papy Oli on April 03, 2013, 10:07:02 AM
I ordered the Rimsky/Svetlanov at £ 4.03 on the 25/03 for delivery between 11th and 26th April. Just got an email tonight that the delivery date will despatch sooner than expected for delivery between 9th and 11th April... there's hope, Tony, hang in there  ;D

I ordered it on the same day, give or take a few hours, and even the dispatch estimate was post-8/4, with delivery possibly in late April or early May. Now that I check my account, not having received any mail, the dispatch has changed to the 5th and delivery to the 15th ("by 9:00 PM"... where? I don't know).
Regards,
Navneeth

kishnevi

Just checked my Amazon UK account and it showed this for the Sinopoli

Dispatch Estimate Monday 8 April 2013 - Thursday 11 April 2013
Delivery Estimate: Monday 15 April 2013 - Tuesday 23 April 2013 by 9:00 pm

Papy Oli

Just got the advice that my Sinopoli has dispatched  :)
Olivier

Opus106

£5.06 (ex. VAT)

9 CDs - Contents - UK Link

[asin]B008CYV02I[/asin]
Regards,
Navneeth

jut1972

Thanks for posting Nav, that's a great deal  :)

Ken B

I received the Vivarte box last week. It's fabulous. Less adventurous than the DHM box of a few years ago, but all the recordings are HIP and digital. Only one disc overlap with the DHM box, 2 discs overlap with the Haydn Symphonies by Tafelmusik, and 4 discs overlap with the Huelgas Labyrinth box, 2 discs overlap with Leonhardt's historic organs box.

Octave

Quote from: Ken B on April 08, 2013, 11:16:59 AM
I received the Vivarte box last week. It's fabulous. Less adventurous than the DHM box of a few years ago, but all the recordings are HIP and digital. Only one disc overlap with the DHM box, 2 discs overlap with the Haydn Symphonies by Tafelmusik, and 4 discs overlap with the Huelgas Labyrinth box, 2 discs overlap with Leonhardt's historic organs box.

Thanks for mentioning those overlaps.  Depending on one's appetite for these recordings, there are other overlaps among the many little Vivarte/etc/Sony boxes that have been issued over the past few years or so.  Schubert chamber (trios/quintet); Schubert masses; Schütz by Bernius; all the Mozart iirc; all the Handel (in that Lamon/Tafelmusik box); all the Beethoven; etc.  The big box is an excellent deal disc-for-disc, though....better than buying all those flimsy little boxes, if "missing" recordings and/or eventual overlap isn't a problem; and probably a nicer box.
Help support GMG by purchasing items from Amazon through this link.

CPK

hafod

Thanks for the tip - duly ordered.
Price gone up now I see.

Just received an email from Am.uk to say this has been dispatched.  ;D

Thanks again.

DaveF

Someone on eBay UK is auctioning 5 volumes of the Philips complete Mozart set - but because they're so vaguely described I guess people are not finding them, so no bids so far with a day-and-a-bit left.  Searching on "box set of mozart cds" (in quotes) will find them all.  Of course, if lots of us want them, they'll cease to be SDCBs.

DF
"All the world is birthday cake" - George Harrison

Fafner

It seems the Mozart box was now dispatched.  ;D
"Remember Fafner? Remember he built Valhalla? A giant? Well, he's a dragon now. Don't ask me why. Anyway, he's dead."
   --- Anna Russell

scarlattiglenross

http://www.frozenreeds.com/
Now available: Morton Feldman - Crippled Symmetry: at June in Buffalo, performed by The Feldman Soloists (Eberhard Blum, Nils Vigeland, Jan Williams)

Papy Oli

Quote from: Papy Oli on April 03, 2013, 10:07:02 AM
I ordered the Rimsky/Svetlanov at £ 4.03 on the 25/03 for delivery between 11th and 26th April. Just got an email tonight that the delivery date will despatch sooner than expected for delivery between 9th and 11th April... there's hope, Tony, hang in there  ;D

Well, I got the confirmation of despatch this morning on the Rimsky-Korsakov. I am a jammy barsteward I guess...  0:) :-[
Olivier

Opus106

Quote from: Papy Oli on April 11, 2013, 12:59:17 AM
Well, I got the confirmation of despatch this morning on the Rimsky-Korsakov. I am a jammy barsteward I guess...  0:) :-[

Thanks for letting us know. I can now badger them if I don't get a dispatch alert in the next day or two. ;D
Regards,
Navneeth

jut1972

My Sinopoli and Mozart boxes got dispatch notices yesterday, seems they were waiting on them both being in stock to send out together and save postage. 

Opus106

Quote from: Papy Oli on April 11, 2013, 12:59:17 AM

Quote from: Opus106 on April 11, 2013, 01:06:20 AM
Thanks for letting us know. I can now badger them if I don't get a dispatch alert in the next day or two. ;D

Well, my card has been charged and the status has changed to "Dispatching Soon" (still with a dispatch estimate of 5th :D)!
Regards,
Navneeth

The new erato

My Rimsky set has a delayed dispatch date until early May due to "delivery problems". At least they haven't cancelles as they did the Tchaikovsky (and I want the Rimsky far more).

scarlattiglenross

Got the Mozart today and very nice it is too.
http://www.frozenreeds.com/
Now available: Morton Feldman - Crippled Symmetry: at June in Buffalo, performed by The Feldman Soloists (Eberhard Blum, Nils Vigeland, Jan Williams)