Grammy Awards 2017-18

Started by snyprrr, November 28, 2017, 07:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snyprrr

Oy vey, so this is where we're at, eh?

Sorry for no-link, but hopefully someone will produce. All I can say is BUSINESS AS USUAL, plus a whole wealth of absolute business oriented piffle. I think I can safely retire myself from most all music now.

The sub-categories have gotten ridiculous (or have they been for a while?). Rap is about all there is for those in charge. I actually listened to this year's golden angel, forget the name, but the rap "song" is called 'Humble'. So, I thought, 'Humble', eh?, let's listen- and aye aye aye it was just bad bad bad.

Sorry whitey, music just ain't fo' you no mo'...

Don't get me started on Danielpour, Higdon, and the like,...

OH MUSIC, WHY DID YOU HAVE TO CATCH ME? WHY ARE YOU SO CRUEL? WHY HAVE YOU LET THE DEVIL CARRY YOU AWAY FOR A PITTANCE?

Mirror Image

You did it

Kendrick is good, don't be hatin' on him  :laugh:

Eh, I haven't 'gotten into' the new album. The previous two albums are great albums, regardless of genre. TPAB, got me at the right time to grow an attachment to it.

Humble and the "Damn" album, idk.

.....As for the Grammys themselves, fuck em!  >:(

snyprrr

Quote from: Le Moderniste on November 28, 2017, 07:48:10 PM
Kendrick is good, don't be hatin' on him  :laugh:

Eh, I haven't 'gotten into' the new album. The previous two albums are great albums, regardless of genre. TPAB, got me at the right time to grow an attachment to it.

Humble and the "Damn" album, idk.

.....As for the Grammys themselves, fuck em!  >:(

I must disagree. That Kendrick Lamar 'Humble' was the worst kind of stuff I've heard in a while, especially since it was touted up before I heard it. And I listened through, and was shocked that the libby establishment was still glorifying misogynist black ghetto thug culture as represented in the fairly simple lyrics.LOL, it's not KL who needs to be "humble", it's das bitsche, lol, and it's up for the whole shebangs?

A lot of thuggy rap in all the major categories...

2017 is definitely a marker year, and one in which the Popular Music Industry is not relevant in the slightest. I personally am not sure how long things have been this shitty, but, with Danielpour and Higdon bringing up the rear, and JZ on top,... eeek!!, harsh times!

Apparently, the one name I have heard, Ed Sheran(?)Sheheran... was kind of locked out of the main categories for the RnB invasion....oh the drama,

back t oyou Matt....oh no, that's right, you got fired! :laugh:

You did it

It's actually a song about a criticism of vanity among celebrities actually and is quite satirical (if you've seen the video  :laugh:)

As I said though, I still haven't "gotten into" that album but lyrically he seems to be challenging the fame he's being getting.

Btw, with rap, people with general antagonistic attitudes towards rap usually can't tell when they're seeing a serious song and when they're seeing a satire/parody  :laugh:

With rap lyrics, subtext and cross-reference is everything

You did it

Get Ed Shearing-sheep the fuck out of here

:-X