How is the weather?

Started by Mozart, November 23, 2007, 11:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: DavidW on April 14, 2022, 05:29:26 AM
It is in the 70s here, but pollen is through the roof.  I suspected that my allergies might be worse when I moved to the country but I'm surprised by how bad it is.  I wake up with a sinus headache early every morning. I'm already taking Flonase and Allegra but I'm about to add in Claritin as well.
No fun.  I'm fortunate in that my allergies are pretty mild.

Quote from: LKB on April 14, 2022, 07:27:10 AM
My brother lives in Kansas. Yesterday he texted the following:

80 degrees yesterday. And snowing today. Jeez

???
Wow!  It's getting warmer here but is still pleasant.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

MusicTurner

A very nice day and the tourist season is back - for sure. The prognosis says perhaps more tourists than ever this year.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: MusicTurner on April 16, 2022, 04:12:36 AM
A very nice day and the tourist season is back - for sure. The prognosis says perhaps more tourists than ever this year.
Nice!

How are the Covid rates currently trending in Denmark?

Quote from: OrchestralNut on April 13, 2022, 08:13:08 AM
My province, Manitoba, is in the early stages of a massive snow storm, biggest probably in 25 years. Anywhere between 30-80 cms of snow fall from Wednesday to Friday expected, along with very high winds.

Time to hunker down at home. 😂
How much snow did you end up getting?

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

MusicTurner

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on April 16, 2022, 04:26:32 AM
Nice!

How are the Covid rates currently trending in Denmark?

PD

Covid is going down, but at a lesser pace than expected. Roughly 1500 cases today, from 5.6 mio inhabitants, best for 2022 so far, I think. With the warmer weather, likely to improve further. From what I hear, it's getting generally better in the US too?

DavidW

I have good news!  I added in Xyzal to the mix so that I take Allegra and Flonase in the morning and Xyzal in the evening and first night I slept in later and still had a headache but it wasn't as bad.  Second night I again slept in later and didn't wake up with a headache at all!

Also teaching has become such a drag since I've been overloaded (but financially compensated for it), but we've finally hit spring break.

Brahmsian

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on April 16, 2022, 04:26:32 AM

Not as much as was potentially thought of in Winnipeg. Between 25-30 cms.

However, there were a few areas that hot over 80 cms.

Still used the snowblower.  :D

steve ridgway

Quote from: MusicTurner on April 16, 2022, 04:12:36 AM

It looks great there. We had a nice walk this morning with the dogs, sunny and warm at 19C at the moment.

MusicTurner

Quote from: steve ridgway on April 16, 2022, 05:24:39 AM
It looks great there. We had a nice walk this morning with the dogs, sunny and warm at 19C at the moment.

Almost like here, but during the night close to 0 C. Apparently warmer nights in about a week. I have some days off & had hoped for it being sooner though, to enjoy some camping at the countryside.

Rosalba

It's been humid & grey but with pelting downpours occasionally. Must get out before another one comes...

MusicTurner

A draught here in DK with hardly any rain for several weeks and a high risk of fires, plus problems for agriculture. On a local draught scale from 1 to 10, it's considered to be between 8 and 9.5. Some regions will receive rain after the weekend, it is said.

Nice springtime beach scenery near Hesnæs, on the island of Falster, from yesterday's excursion. Famous for amber finds. Quite 'southern-looking' ... but it's not so good for any swimming yet.

DavidW

We had an unexpected and violent hail storm yesterday.  Check out my front sidewalk:

steve ridgway

Quite sunny this morning for our walk with the dogs.

MusicTurner

It's that time of the year ... sunny landscapes with glorious greens and yellows, and fabulous, radiant blues in the sky and the sea.

Went on a weekend trip on the Hornsherred peninsula and Orø island, close to Copenhagen; the island turned out however to be rather built-up, unspectacular, and not among the prettiest, smaller Danish island, IMO. But enjoying May's colours and a bit of outdoor life again, as a preparation for the later summer months, was enjoyable.

71 dB

Not the best possible spring in Finland. Chilly windy weather. Temperatures about 5 Kelvin lower than what they "should" be. Summer is late by about 2 weeks.
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

krummholz

In central Vermont (and indeed, throughout the eastern US) we have had wide swings in temperature this spring. Last week we topped out at between 32 and 34º C, depending on where you were (we have microclimates), and it was bone dry. Today despite bright sunshine, it's currently 15º and we were down to 4º overnight - not quite frost territory. A couple of days ago we had torrential rains come through and even a severe thunderstorm warning - which fortunately did not affect my location too much. But the rain was quite the thing - we have had over 60 mm of rain over the last 3 days - and very much needed after the long dry spell. The leaves are now out on most of the trees and wildflowers are blooming everywhere.

Spotted Horses

In greater Houston July Weather has arrived in May. Temperatures routinely reach the mid 90's, and oddly there has been almost no rain. The real heat wave is west of here, Austin, San Antonio, and west Texas.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

DavidW

Here in SC, it will be 95 tomorrow and 98 the day after.  Time to give my AC a workout!

Karl Henning

Well, and my neighbor helped with my air conditioners today:

Summer is starting earlier. Massachusetts is not prepared.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

krummholz

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on May 20, 2022, 08:24:32 PM
Well, and my neighbor helped with my air conditioners today:

Summer is starting earlier. Massachusetts is not prepared.

Here in Vermont, that beast is almost unheard-of... I don't have one either. (And living on the top floor, it often gets very hot in summer...)

LKB

Beautiful weather here in Menlo Park, CA.

Mid-70's, sunny and a slight breeze.

Currently I'm on public transit, headed for the local movie theater which has an old- but- recently- remastered Sci-Fi epic on offer.  8)
Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...