How is the weather?

Started by Mozart, November 23, 2007, 11:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pohjolas Daughter

@LKB So, how did he fare?  I think that today there are similar predictions.

Saw some footage and an interview with a homeowner on CNN...awful!

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

LKB

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on April 27, 2024, 03:49:21 AM@LKB So, how did he fare?  I think that today there are similar predictions.

Saw some footage and an interview with a homeowner on CNN...awful!

PD

Everything's OK at my brother's. There is going to be more rough weather today, in Oklahoma and southeastern Kansas. Possibly worse than yesterday, but nobody can be absolutely certain until the afternoon. The SPC is definitely on alert:

...A regional severe-weather outbreak is expected from north TX
   across OK into KS with strong tornadoes, very large hail and
   damaging winds all part of a long-duration threat...

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day1otlk.html
Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

krummholz

Hearing about all the severe weather coming down in the Midwest makes me glad to live in New England, where violent storms are rare - though last summer Vermont lived through flooding rains, then again in December, and we've had some power outage-causing winter storms this past winter.

Y'all stay safe!

Currently between 18º and 19ºC and sunny, though we're expecting rain by tonight. For now, perfect hiking weather, except that most trails are closed because this is really not Spring in Vermont, but the 5th season, Mud Season. (The ones on the local former ski hill are luckily dry, though.)

LKB

More twisters in Kansas right now. Big supercell headed for my brother, about an hour away.

This link shows some of what happened within the last couple hours as I am posting this.

https://youtu.be/rNKQolIbuf4?si=t2XHFW-M44BPSDWK
Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

71 dB

After the very long winter we are finally having warmer weather this week. +12°C (54°F) in Helsinki.

Quote from: 71 dB on April 20, 2024, 07:22:16 AMFinnish bedrock is among the most stable in the World and I have personally never experienced an earthquake in my life. Some areas of Finland experience small tremors sometimes, but they are very weak and harmless. 3.0 on Richter scale is massive in Finland!

In Kuusamo, one of the most seismically active areas in Finland (700 km from Helsinki) has been an earthquake of magnitude 2.0. Yes, earthquakes of magnitude 2.0 on Richter scale are news in Finland. :D

In English: https://yle.fi/a/74-20086619
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

krummholz

Possibly a 2.0, but a 3.0 quake would definitely be news in Vermont. Anything that anyone could feel, would be a very unusual event - once in a decade or less.

Currently +12ºC here as well (central Vermont) and probably getting up to 15ºC by midday, though it's cloudy and scattered showers are in the forecast (rain, not snow).