How is the weather?

Started by Mozart, November 23, 2007, 11:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirror Image

It's 41°F here with light rain. Not bad and quite happy that the below freezing temperatures have subsided (for now).

Karl Henning

Emerging out of the sharp frost, today's 40° feels like T-shirt weather here in Boston.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Baron Scarpia

It's raining, winter has finally started.

Mirror Image

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on January 09, 2018, 07:14:27 AM
Emerging out of the sharp frost, today's 40° feels like T-shirt weather here in Boston.

And a welcome relief I'm sure! :)

vandermolen

About a foot of snow here. Country grinds to a halt.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Karl Henning

Unseasonably warm, though at present only mildly.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Karl Henning

Quote from: vandermolen on February 27, 2018, 04:15:25 AM
About a foot of snow here. Country grinds to a halt.

If it is any comfort, Tennessee grinds to a halt if there is half an inch of snow.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

André

The polar vortex we endured in January brought us -30 celsius temperatures. It has now moved east and Europe is under its spell. My sister-in-law sent us pictures of her Provence garden under 4 inches of snow. Unreal !

Jo498

It is not all that cold in Germany although it is cold for late February and compared to most winters of the last years: 10-15 below freezing at night and 3-5 below during the day despite sunny blue skies. Somewhat colder in the eastern parts. And, unfortunately, a biting wind.
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

Biffo

It has just started snowing here in Bournemouth, a rare event, hope it doesn't settle. Earlier in the month I was in Brittany and a couple of centimetres of snow made headline news in the local newspaper in Pontivy; it had nearly all gone by late afternoon.

Turner

Winter got here very late, but now we are sharing a Siberian weather delivery with a lot of Europe, typically minus 5 -10 degrees Celsius but also strong, icy winds and a bit of snow. One of my jobs implies cycling 3-4x 45 minutes per day, a cold experience. But a good deal of sun, which is refreshing compared to earlier. There has been a public call for volunteers willing to share their homes with the homeless, some of them immigrants, for the night - to avoid fatalities.

Spineur

Its quite cold here (not that cold by André's standard !).  But this leads to rather unusual and beautiful view of snowy cities.  The Colosseum under the snow is something I had never seen before.

Turner

Btw, in spite of a bit of European winter, temperatures in the Arctic are no less than 20 degrees Celsius above average, and at the northernmost weather station the other day they measured 4 degrees plus.

Karl Henning

The general warming notwithstanding, things will get erratic locally.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Jo498

As I said, the only somewhat unusual thing is such late cold and sunny weather after a mostly mild and very grey winter. The weather would not be unusual at all between late december and early february but overall such cold has become rare and winters greyer and milder.
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

Turner

Oh yes, the greyness ... not so nice.

Mirror Image

It's absolutely gorgeous here with a blue sky and with a current temperature of 55°F.

kishnevi

scattered showers, afternoon high 81F, overnight low predicted to be in the low 60s.

Baron Scarpia

It rained yesterday, winter is resurgent!

ComposerOfAvantGarde

Currently 27 degrees and sunny. Will probably reach a maximum of 31 by the afternoon.