How is the weather?

Started by Mozart, November 23, 2007, 11:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

André

Minus 22 C, winds at 40km/h, 25 cm of ❄️snow❄️ for the next 24 hours. ☃️

JBS

Quote from: André on January 19, 2019, 05:26:49 PM
Minus 22 C, winds at 40km/h, 25 cm of ❄️snow❄️ for the next 24 hours. ☃️

We have a cold front coming tomorrow. So the low on Monday is forecast to be 47°F (8.333°C). No snow.

I appeal to your sense of patriotism. Visit us here in Florida. Quebecois have a reputation for being cheap old farts. Prove them wrong!

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

NikF

I've been here in the West of Scotland most of the week and at 04:15 as I wait for the Pacquiao v Broner WBA welterweight title fight to start it's -

"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

JBS

Quote from: NikF on January 19, 2019, 07:19:17 PM
I've been here in the West of Scotland most of the week and at 04:15 as I wait for the Pacquiao v Broner WBA welterweight title fight to start it's -

You're welcome to visit too... :P

NikF

Quote from: JBS on January 19, 2019, 07:20:37 PM
You're welcome to visit too... :P

What a kind offer. Cheers, mate.  8)
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

vandermolen

Wet, windy and cold (relatively speaking) in East Sussex yesterday - looks a bit brighter today.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Jo498

cold  about -6° Celsius in the morning but blue skies and sunny, very little snow remaining in shadowy places.
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

North Star

Sunny, -27 °C (-16.6 °F), -35 °C (-31 °F) with windchill
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Ciaccona

Quote from: North Star on January 20, 2019, 02:40:58 AM

Wow... ???

Very hot in my City today: 41 C
A bit too hot to go outdoors - spent just about all day inside with the Air-Con going.

André

Quote from: JBS on January 19, 2019, 06:19:59 PM
We have a cold front coming tomorrow. So the low on Monday is forecast to be 47°F (8.333°C). No snow.

I appeal to your sense of patriotism. Visit us here in Florida. Quebecois have a reputation for being cheap old farts. Prove them wrong!

I wish I could. Love northern Florida (Btw Daytona and St Augustine). Such lovely memories...

JBS

Quote from: North Star on January 20, 2019, 02:40:58 AM

Four airlines offer nonstop flights between Helsinki and Miami.  Flight time is given by Google as 11 hours 10 minutes.....
:P

North Star

Quote from: JBS on January 20, 2019, 08:37:06 AM
Four airlines offer nonstop flights between Helsinki and Miami.  Flight time is given by Google as 11 hours 10 minutes.....
:P
You want to come ice fishing?  0:)
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

JBS

NikF

Snow turning to rain and then ice on the way from Inverness to Glasgow. Not the longest (three hours) or worst journey, but it has been a while since I've driven that kind of distance. I prefer to take the train.

Gurn Blanston

It's colder than a witch's ass here, although you non-Texans might snicker. 0 deg. C (32F), 20 knot NNW wind. We got 2" rain overnight so it is very damp; in short, it's just plain nasty. I don't complain though, no, not me... :-\

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

NikF

I'm about to head out for a morning run in sweatpants and hoody weather. And while the weather forecast for next week doesn't look bad there's a growing temptation to grab a cheap flight/hotel deal for a few days in the sun.

e: Gran Canaria.

Daverz

The high today in the inland areas of San Diego was about 80F (27C).   8)

Nice, but I do wonder what that going to mean when August rolls around...

Mirror Image

It's 41°F right now with a clear night sky. It's a little chilly, but I'm not outside so I don't really know how cold it really is. It's suppose to get colder here beginning early in the week since there's a cold front moving in. I'm not expecting anything major in the way of snow or ice, though, as it's been a bit above freezing.

Archaic Torso of Apollo

It is now colder in Chicago than in Antarctica and Pt. Barrow, AK (northernmost town in the US)

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/01/30/chicago-deep-freeze-extreme-cold-wind-chill-warning-temperature-records/

My plan:
1) stay indoors
2) listen to VW's 7th Symphony (Sinfonia antartica)
formerly VELIMIR (before that, Spitvalve)

"Who knows not strict counterpoint, lives and dies an ignoramus" - CPE Bach

Cato

Zero degrees Fahrenheit and colder here in central Ohio!

I LOVE this weather!!!  8)  (No sarcasm!)

In the winter of '63, a snowstorm hit with temperatures of -10 to -20.  One of my school friends called and said "Let's go sledding at the orphanage!"  (The orphanage was a Catholic one perched on a high hill (Dayton is on the edge of Appalachian foothills in the northern edge of southwestern Ohio.)

My mother was skeptical, but said only: "Make sure you bundle up!"   I recall not staying very long (a 6-block walk or so through drifted snow) but...it was fun!   

Now the nanny's on television are warning everyone to say inside, huddle in a corner, wrap blankets around yourself, drink hot cocoa, etc. etc. etc.  To be sure, my adventure did not involve much wind, but I do not believe "wind chill" had been invented in '63!    ;)   So it was no problem!

Yes, I find the winter invigorating, exhilarating!   Summer to me is somewhat depressing, especially if it is warmer than 75 or so.   ???
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)