How is the weather?

Started by Mozart, November 23, 2007, 11:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve ridgway

Quote from: Irons on April 06, 2021, 08:20:12 AM
Panic stations! Forecast in my neck of the woods -5 tonight! I have a banana plant thankfully in a pot so can protect from extreme temperatures but the plan is to plant in the border due to size, will be a big problem next year if repeated. I purchased a greenhouse heater earlier in the year, nothing fancy  but earning it's keep big time at present.

Yes, it's alternating between bright, warm sunshine and light snow showers here.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Szykneij on April 05, 2021, 09:54:40 AM
Don't want you to get stung but we need to save the pollinators, too.

https://xerces.org/blog/leave-the-leaves
Thanks for that link.  I skim-read the article (will go back)...quite interesting!  I have seen some bumbles out around here.   :)  For what its worth, I do have a fair number of flowering shrubs, etc. to keep everybody happy.  Will go into it further in the gardening thread.

Quote from: Irons on April 06, 2021, 08:20:12 AM
Panic stations! Forecast in my neck of the woods -5 tonight! I have a banana plant thankfully in a pot so can protect from extreme temperatures but the plan is to plant in the border due to size, will be a big problem next year if repeated. I purchased a greenhouse heater earlier in the year, nothing fancy  but earning it's keep big time at present.

Uh, oh!  Fingers crossed for you Irons!  Trust that you've already covered it up for the night?

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Irons

Quote from: steve ridgway on April 06, 2021, 08:25:40 AM
Yes, it's alternating between bright, warm sunshine and light snow showers here.

Unusually we get off lightly in southern England, but not this year. Warm sunshine has been in short supply. Looking up the BBC weather map London is only one degree higher then Edinburgh today.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

MusicTurner

Mostly a beautiful day during today's off-season excursion to the pretty Agersø island, about 120 km from Copenhagen, with some afternoon showers coming in.

About 175 residents on its 5 x 2 km, a 15 minute ferry crossing from the mainland.

Big flocks of migrating birds, especially geese; I'd think at least two groups of many hundreds of birds each. One photo has a glimpse of the neighbour island of Omø, where I went last summer. We saw lots of birds, hares, and some livestock.

André

Very nice ! One can almost breathe that salty air  :)

steve ridgway

Snowing this morning, dry with sunny intervals this afternoon, wet snow and rain now.

Pohjolas Daughter

Beautiful day today....70's ...went for a walk by a river (and checking out the birds). :-)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Szykneij

Quote from: steve ridgway on April 10, 2021, 09:23:43 AM
Snowing this morning, dry with sunny intervals this afternoon, wet snow and rain now.

Your avatar brought back memories of teaching 4th grade beginner violin classes. I saw many violins and bows in that condition.  :)
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

steve ridgway

Quote from: Szykneij on April 11, 2021, 05:24:32 AM
Your avatar brought back memories of teaching 4th grade beginner violin classes. I saw many violins and bows in that condition.  :)

LOL. My thing was always to ensure the xylophone case was held upside down before opening it, but I couldn't find any pictures of that. :P

Stürmisch Bewegt

A gray day forecast with intermittent showers.  A good day to sit inside, drink tea, listen to music, wonder if my grass seed is growing, and try to avoid the Siren's call of chocolate and cookies...
Leben heißt nicht zu warten, bis der Sturm vorbeizieht, sondern lernen, im Regen zu tanzen.

steve ridgway

Sunny and 17 C today (French degrees which we don't get as much of compared to our own - we'd get at least 62 Fs.  >:( )

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: steve ridgway on April 23, 2021, 07:27:19 AM
Sunny and 17 C today (French degrees which we don't get as much of compared to our own - we'd get at least 62 Fs.  >:( )
It's been all over the place lately...unusually warm to cooler than normal.  My porch plants have been bravely hanging in there (too awkward and/or heavy to move back indoors all the time).

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

André

For my birthday Wednesday it snowed (4 cm). It's gone now and tomorrow we'll have 19 degrees C.

Mirror Image

Quote from: André on April 23, 2021, 05:52:05 PM
For my birthday Wednesday it snowed (4 cm). It's gone now and tomorrow we'll have 19 degrees C.

Happy Belated Birthday, Andre! 8)

Papy Oli

Quote from: André on April 23, 2021, 05:52:05 PM

Joyeux Anniversaire, André !!  8)
Olivier

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

André

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: André on April 24, 2021, 05:05:14 AM
Thank you !  :)
Moi aussi!  Hope that you had a nice one (well as nice as one can considering everything that's going on at the moment)!

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

MusicTurner

Several weeks with pleasant summer weather, albeit with some heavy showers and a lot of thunder in other parts of the country recently. I'm on beautiful Bornholm, the most interesting among the smaller Danish islands (Møn being number two ...), which has been spared.

Below, the secluded Sose beach on the southern coast yesterday; also, the beach at Restaurant Kadeau this morning at 7 AM, clouds receding for the sun once again ... today it's a bit windy though (10 m/s on average), temperatures 20-25 C.

Pohjolas Daughter

I'm concerned about New Orleans and Louisiana overall with Hurricane Ida.  From what I understand it's entering as a No. 4.  Haven't been following closely enough though.  Any updates?  And don't know about where it's supposed to go from here.  :(  How are other states/areas fairing?

PD
Pohjolas Daughter