How is the weather?

Started by Mozart, November 23, 2007, 11:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irons

Early February and it feels like Spring in South East England! I do hope there is not a price to pay later in the month. I looked out at the sky from an upstairs window at 5pm on 2nd February and stunned by the beauty. The pic from my phone doesn't do justice.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Irons on February 02, 2022, 08:30:58 AM
Early February and it feels like Spring in South East England! I do hope there is not a price to pay later in the month. I looked out at the sky from an upstairs window at 5pm on 2nd February and stunned by the beauty. The pic from my phone doesn't do justice.
It's beautiful Irons! 

I love watching sunrises and sunsets....so magical, wondrous and awe-inspiring!   It makes one happy to be alive--at least for me.  ;D

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Irons

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on February 02, 2022, 12:40:50 PM
It's beautiful Irons! 

I love watching sunrises and sunsets....so magical, wondrous and awe-inspiring!   It makes one happy to be alive--at least for me.  ;D

PD

I recall a holiday in Barbados where the hotel guests gathered on the beach each evening to watch the sun sinking at pace below the horizon. All it needed was Also Sprach Zarathusta playing in the background! ;D
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Irons on February 03, 2022, 12:31:27 AM
I recall a holiday in Barbados where the hotel guests gathered on the beach each evening to watch the sun sinking at pace below the horizon. All it needed was Also Sprach Zarathusta playing in the background! ;D
;D

I've been getting up earlier lately; love it when the skies are clear and I can watch the sun come up.  Alas, it's cloudy this morning.  Thankfully though it's on the warmer side.  It had dropped down into negative numbers when you factor in the wind factor and really low numbers when not too.

PD

Pohjolas Daughter

Szykneij

Yesterday, the temperature here broke 60 degrees F (16c) and the only thing that kept me out of the garden in my shirtsleeves was the mud everywhere from the last snow melt. Today, there's already about 2 inches of new snow on the ground with 4 more expected and a low temperature forecast of 18 degrees F (-8c) for tonight!
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

André

6 degrees (C) yesterday, minus 20 today ...☃️

Pohjolas Daughter

Yes, strange weather!  Back to cold here too.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

Hope that Eunice hasn't been wreaking havoc in your neck of the woods?  Just heard that the wind gusts have been horrible (over 100 mph) in the UK!

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Irons

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on February 18, 2022, 04:11:10 AM
Hope that Eunice hasn't been wreaking havoc in your neck of the woods?  Just heard that the wind gusts have been horrible (over 100 mph) in the UK!

PD

Nothing like the damage of 1987. A month or two later with trees in leaf then it would have been a whole lot worse. On a short trip to my allotment two trees brought down and both cherry.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Irons on February 22, 2022, 07:37:37 AM
Nothing like the damage of 1987. A month or two later with trees in leaf then it would have been a whole lot worse. On a short trip to my allotment two trees brought down and both cherry.
Glad that the damage wasn't too bad in your area.  Were the cherries very big trees?

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Irons

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on February 22, 2022, 09:03:48 AM
Glad that the damage wasn't too bad in your area.  Were the cherries very big trees?

PD

Big enough, PD! One wiped out a hedge and fence of a front garden. I'm told that cherry trees are not long lived.

Szykneij

Today, the temperature reached 66 degrees F (19C). I got some yard work done in a t-shirt and ate lunch with my wife outside on the patio. Tomorrow night a storm is due to blow in with 6-12 inches (15-30 cms.) of snow! It's been a crazy winter!
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Szykneij

Quote from: Irons on February 23, 2022, 07:23:47 AM
Big enough, PD! One wiped out a hedge and fence of a front garden. I'm told that cherry trees are not long lived.

Most cherry trees have a lifespan of only 30 to 40 years. An exception is Black Cherry, a wild variety that reproduces vigorously and does fairly well in shade. I have a number of these popping up around my property. The berry-sized fruits are great for the birds but, unfortunately, not for people.

Irons

Quote from: Szykneij on February 23, 2022, 12:53:43 PM
Most cherry trees have a lifespan of only 30 to 40 years. An exception is Black Cherry, a wild variety that reproduces vigorously and does fairly well in shade. I have a number of these popping up around my property. The berry-sized fruits are great for the birds but, unfortunately, not for people.

Our neighbour has inherited a huge cherry tree, not our side thankfully. 30 to 40 years is a blink of an eye in tree terms.

Brahmsian

My province, Manitoba, is in the early stages of a massive snow storm, biggest probably in 25 years. Anywhere between 30-80 cms of snow fall from Wednesday to Friday expected, along with very high winds.

Time to hunker down at home. 😂

André

Quote from: OrchestralNut on April 13, 2022, 08:13:08 AM
My province, Manitoba, is in the early stages of a massive snow storm, biggest probably in 25 years. Anywhere between 30-80 cms of snow fall from Wednesday to Friday expected, along with very high winds.

:o

I've heard about that'un, a real biggie.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: OrchestralNut on April 13, 2022, 08:13:08 AM

I saw this morning on the news that North Dakota was being slammed by a big snowstorm and am not surprised that it hasn't also moved north into your area.  I hope that you stay safe!

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

DavidW

It is in the 70s here, but pollen is through the roof.  I suspected that my allergies might be worse when I moved to the country but I'm surprised by how bad it is.  I wake up with a sinus headache early every morning. I'm already taking Flonase and Allegra but I'm about to add in Claritin as well.

Spotted Horses

In the Houston area I read in the local paper that this week we have had the four highest pollen counts ever recorded. Something about a mild winter trigger an "oakpocalypse." It's difficult.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

LKB

My brother lives in Kansas. Yesterday he texted the following:

80 degrees yesterday. And snowing today. Jeez

???
Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...