How is the weather?

Started by Mozart, November 23, 2007, 11:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

springrite

After a few cold days, it is really heating up in most of China for New Year's Day. Tomorrow will be 10C (50F) for the high. I am thinking T-shirt!
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

mn dave

Quote from: ChamberNut on December 31, 2013, 06:18:59 AM
Now we are talking deep freeze temperatures!  :D  This is pretty damn cold, even for Winnipeg!  8)

Currently: -37C or -34F

Windchill factor:  -49C or -54F

Jesus Christ.

mn dave

Quote from: ChamberNut on December 31, 2013, 06:39:47 AM
:D

Now I don't feel so bad knowing that there are even crazier people living in even more brutal climates. ;)

Brahmsian

Quote from: Metal Dave on December 31, 2013, 06:46:00 AM
Now I don't feel so bad knowing that there are even crazier people living in even more brutal climates. ;)

Haha!  :laugh: +1

Gurn Blanston

Now we are talking deep freeze temperatures!  :D  This is pretty damn cold, even for Winnipeg!  8)

Beauty! Sounds a mite air-ish to me, but you take what you can get. Here it was a balmy 0°F this AM, sounds almost tropical compared to you! :)

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Brahmsian

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on December 31, 2013, 08:06:05 AM
Beauty! Sounds a mite air-ish to me, but you take what you can get. Here it was a balmy 0°F this AM, sounds almost tropical compared to you! :)

8)

Yes, that is suntanning weather for us!  ;D

springrite

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on December 31, 2013, 08:06:05 AM

8)

Yeah, that sounds like a good winter temp. I can't stand "winter heat" like this. I need a bit more bite!
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

SonicMan46

Quote from: mn dave on December 31, 2013, 06:38:21 AM
Jesus Christ.

Yep - let's blame him for that Canadian weather!  ;) ;D

Piedmont, North Carolina - 49F and sunny - suppose to be in the low 50s & cloudy next 2 days - but like the comments about Atlanta & Georgia, ice storms are what we hate around here; snows are infrequent, but as expected most everything shuts down (schools are even closed the night before an expected storm which sometimes never occurs!).  There is just not a LOT of $$ invested in equipment & supplies needed like up north.  Dave :)

North Star

Ouch! Perhaps later in January we'll get to have similar temperatures again - or at least around -32 oC. During the last couple of weeks, the temperature's been around 0 oC here.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

kishnevi

I'll phrase this gently.

the rain, which has been hovering over us for the last two weeks or so,  again ruined my plan to go for a walk on the beach this afternoon.  That, and a sore throat that means my body can't decide if it's coming down with a cold or not. 

Temperatures would have been fine for the beach, if too cool to go in the water--in the 70sF--just all the windy rain that keeps dropping in.

And annoyingly, the rain has not visited us tonight, so I'm subjected to all the neighbors who can think of nothing better to do on Change Your Calendar Eve than light firecrackers all over the street.

Mirror Image

Right now, it's a cloudy night sky with a temperature of 53°F. Not bad at all at least compared to my northern neighbors. :)

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: Mirror Image on December 31, 2013, 06:12:10 PM
Right now, it's a cloudy night sky with a temperature of 53°F. Not bad at all at least compared to my northern neighbors. :)

This.

Szykneij

Here in the Boston area this morning, the temperature is 2 degrees F. (-16c) with a windchill of -18F (-28c). We have about a foot (.3m) of snow outside and it's still coming down. Relatives on the coast not too much farther north have twice as much. Luckily, no work today so my feathered friends are glad to have me home to keep the birdfeeders full while I peruse GMG.

Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

Brahmsian

A cold December in Winnipeg, and Manitoba.  As cold as Mars apparently, according to this CBC news article.   :D

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winnipeg-deep-freeze-as-cold-as-uninhabited-planet-1.2479967

mn dave

Quote from: ChamberNut on January 03, 2014, 05:01:48 AM
A cold December in Winnipeg, and Manitoba.  As cold as Mars apparently, according to this CBC news article.   :D

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winnipeg-deep-freeze-as-cold-as-uninhabited-planet-1.2479967

I already hate this winter.

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: mn dave on January 03, 2014, 05:14:29 AM
I already hate this winter.

I'm not much fond of any winter. This one is no exception. >:(

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

mn dave

Let's all purchase a tropical island together and start a community: Good Weather Island.

mc ukrneal

Quote from: mn dave on January 03, 2014, 05:42:15 AM
Let's all purchase a tropical island together and start a community: Good Weather Island.
I prefer Good Weather and Good Music (with sophisticated gadgetry and oustanding listening stations) Island. I'm sure there is more that should be put in parentheses! :)
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Mirror Image

Pretty freaking cold here this morning in NE Georgia: 21 °F. Brrrr....