Yep, all there.

mn dave

Quote from: ChamberNut on January 06, 2014, 05:14:05 AM
:o

Same here, Dave.

-33 C, windchill of -45 C

or

-27 F, windchill of -49 F

We are now officially part of Canada. :) (Some people seem to think we are anyway.)

Brahmsian

Quote from: mn dave on January 06, 2014, 05:19:05 AM
We are now officially part of Canada. :) (Some people seem to think we are anyway.)

Wear that Maple Leaf with pride, Dave!!  ;D

mn dave

Quote from: ChamberNut on January 06, 2014, 05:22:08 AM
Wear that Maple Leaf with pride, Dave!!  ;D

I will! Actually I am on another forum which is Canadian-based.  :) I've always liked Canadians. Nice people.

Karl Henning

Bizarre warmth has come in to Boston this morning . . . drizzle, which on its own merits, plus melting some of the snow, is making for wicked deep puddles. Current temperature is 52° !!!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Karl Henning

Quote from: mn dave on January 06, 2014, 05:18:08 AM
Lessee...1, 2, 3...9. 9!!

Yep, all there.

Somebody cooked Dave's 10's!

Stop by and say "Hi!" to Bullwinkle in Frostbite Falls!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Brahmsian

Quote from: karlhenning on January 06, 2014, 05:25:55 AM
Somebody cooked Dave's 10's!

Please see the "What are you eating?" thread.  :D

mn dave

:)

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: karlhenning on January 06, 2014, 05:25:05 AM
Bizarre warmth has come in to Boston this morning . . . drizzle, which on its own merits, plus melting some of the snow, is making for wicked deep puddles. Current temperature is 52° !!!

It's rather balmy in Germany too. 48° today with a forecast of 52° tomorrow.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Mirror Image

Quote from: mn dave on January 06, 2014, 05:07:26 AM
26 below F on the drive into work.  :(

...with killer 60 below wind chills to liven things up!

Yikes! Damn...I don't know how you guys stand it up there. Stay warm, Dave.

mn dave

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 06, 2014, 07:29:55 AM
Yikes! Damn...I don't know how you guys stand it up there. Stay warm, Dave.

Well, this isn't normal. I mean it's usually bad, but not this bad.

I'm too old for this shit.   ;D

Mirror Image

Quote from: mn dave on January 06, 2014, 07:33:29 AM
Well, this isn't normal. I mean it's usually bad, but not this bad.

I'm too old for this shit.   ;D

:P

Mirror Image

Right now in NE Georgia, it's 27 °F but I imagine it warming up a bit more later on in the day.

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 06, 2014, 07:50:42 AM
Right now in NE Georgia, it's 27 °F but I imagine it warming up a bit more later on in the day.

22°F in East Texas. It's midday, probably won't go up much from here. Supposed to get to 13 overnight. I hate this stuff. :P

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Karl Henning

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on January 06, 2014, 08:00:17 AM
22°F in East Texas. It's midday, probably won't go up much from here. Supposed to get to 13 overnight.

You've got Dave thinking, T-shirt weather!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Mirror Image

22°F in East Texas. It's midday, probably won't go up much from here. Supposed to get to 13 overnight. I hate this stuff. :P

8)

Yeah, it's supposed to get down to the teens here tonight as well. I actually don't mind Georgia's winter, it's just the snow/ice that I can't deal with, but I don't like when the temperatures get in the teens either with the wind blowing hard...ah who am I kidding? I HATE THIS SHIT!!!! :P ;D

Brian

8)

It's 16 here in Dallas already. Heck, it was like 30 when I got to work!

Cato

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 06, 2014, 07:50:42 AM

Poor babies!  When we lived in Atlanta for 10 months in 2006, we went to a high school football game in late September.

The temperature was about 60 degrees.  The crowd (my colleagues at the school and parents) wore hats, zipped up jackets, and even winter coats!   ??? ??? ???

We showed up in short sleeves and were constantly asked: "Aren't you cold?!"

One of my colleagues was an immigrant from Sierra Leone: I recall him being huddled and shivering!   8)

Here in central Ohio it is Zero, but the sun is shining and is not too bad.  I swept off the driveway and sidewalk and things felt fine.  We had -25 about 20 years ago, and similar temperatures now and then in the good ol' days. 

And yet, here we are, still alive!  0:)  What we did NOT have back then were Weather Preachers on TV chastising the flock for being on the road, for not remembering to put on gloves and hats, for being in general too dumb to know what to do when the weather gets cold, or hot, or when it rains, or when the wind blows, etc. etc. etc.
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Cato on January 06, 2014, 08:49:13 AM
Poor babies!  When we lived in Atlanta for 10 months in 2006, we went to a high school football game in late September.

The temperature was about 60 degrees.  The crowd (my colleagues at the school and parents) wore hats, zipped up jackets, and even winter coats!   ??? ??? ???

We showed up in short sleeves and were constantly asked: "Aren't you cold?!"

One of my colleagues was an immigrant from Sierra Leone: I recall him being huddled and shivering!   8)

Here in central Ohio it is Zero, but the sun is shining and is not too bad.  I swept off the driveway and sidewalk and things felt fine.  We had -25 about 20 years ago, and similar temperatures now and then in the good ol' days. 

And yet, here we are, still alive!  0:)  What we did NOT have back then were Weather Preachers on TV chastising the flock for being on the road, for not remembering to put on gloves and hats, for being in general too dumb to know what to do when the weather gets cold, or hot, or when it rains, or when the wind blows, etc. etc. etc.

I know all that is true, but not sure if it hits the mark; when I lived in Vermont we got this weather all the time, it was a normal part of life there and frankly, we loved it. However, it is NOT a normal part of life in East Texas (or Georgia) and so for us, now, it sucks the juice out of bull-poop. We hate it.   >:(   

Our houses aren't built to keep out the real cold because it wasn't cost effective to do that. And many of the people down here haven't a clue how to drive on ice or snow. They scare the hell out of me. My thought is, if I'm going to freeze my ass off anyway, might as well go back to Vermont where I can buy warm clothes and live in a warm house!   :D

On the up side, it is supposed to be 67°F here Thursday, overnight low of 53. Now, that's Texas winter weather!   :)

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Cato

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on January 06, 2014, 09:19:04 AM
And many of the people down here haven't a clue how to drive on ice or snow. They scare the hell out of me.

True: when we lived in Atlanta, cars and trucks went flying through the air with a heavy rain!

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on January 06, 2014, 09:19:04 AM

On the up side, it is supposed to be 67°F here Thursday, overnight low of 53. Now, that's Texas winter weather!   :)

8)

Here we are looking at 45 degrees for Sunday!
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)