How is the weather?

Started by Mozart, November 23, 2007, 11:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Szykneij

Quote from: karlhenning on January 06, 2014, 05:25:05 AM
Bizarre warmth has come in to Boston this morning . . . drizzle, which on its own merits, plus melting some of the snow, is making for wicked deep puddles. Current temperature is 52° !!!

When I left for work this morning, there was close to a foot of snow in my yard. I just came home and it's all gone! The warm temperature and heavy rain washed it all away.

It's supposed to go back down below freezing overnight, so the roads will be skating rinks tomorrow.
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

Mirror Image

Went to the store to get a few groceries and the wind that whipped up in that parking lot made it feel a lot colder than it actually was. I had on a sweater, a leather jacket, and a scarf and I was still freezing my ass off. The temperature right now is 21°F but the wind was blowing 20 mph. I still don't see how my Northern neighbors stand this weather! This ol' Georgia boy can't take this shit! :D

Karl Henning

Quote from: Szykneij on January 06, 2014, 11:22:13 AM
When I left for work this morning, there was close to a foot of snow in my yard. I just came home and it's all gone! The warm temperature and heavy rain washed it all away.

It's supposed to go back down below freezing overnight, so the roads will be skating rinks tomorrow.

Oof.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Mirror Image

Well it's 12°F right now, which was expected, but I hope it warms up tomorrow and that damn wind subsides. I can deal with a cold that's still, it's the wind that gets me every time. But, thankfully, we've had no rain and it's been nothing but a blue sky. The snow and ice can stay in Minnesota (sorry Dave). 8)

Karl Henning

I can hear the wind, so I readily credit the weather report of 15°, feels like -2°.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

The new erato

There's lots of wind on this site, I often hear it.

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Florestan

I hope each and every North American GMGer is alive and well. You must keep in mind that, as the current Romanian president Traian Basescu once said, the winter is nothing like the summer. So lift your hearts and cheer up, there is a summer to come.  :D
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Florestan on January 07, 2014, 05:02:50 AM
I hope each and every North American GMGer is alive and well. You must keep in mind that, as the current Romanian president Traian Basescu once said, the winter is nothing like the summer. So lift your hearts and cheer up, there is a summer to come.  :D

"the winter is nothing like the summer..."  No wonder he got to be president! That would work here, too, being relatively non-controversial. :D

Hey, Florestan. Thanks for the cheering up. I know when I thaw out I will look back and appreciate it even more.

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Mirror Image

Well, it's 8°F right now and I'm hating every minute of it. I'm happy to be inside, and warm, but my goodness spring can't get here soon enough.

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 07, 2014, 05:46:19 AM
Well, it's 8°F right now and I'm hating every minute of it. I'm happy to be inside, and warm, but my goodness spring can't get here soon enough.

We got a little bit lucky in that the center of the Polar Vortex (don'tcha love having a name for everything?) came down east of us. So you guys got shithammered while we just got backdoored. Anyway, this AM they were predicting 13°F, but it only got to 17, so it was rather luxurious. :)

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Mirror Image

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on January 07, 2014, 05:49:42 AM
We got a little bit lucky in that the center of the Polar Vortex (don'tcha love having a name for everything?) came down east of us. So you guys got shithammered while we just got backdoored. Anyway, this AM they were predicting 13°F, but it only got to 17, so it was rather luxurious. :)

8)

You lucky bastards. :P Well, it's supposed to warm up throughout the week, so here's for hoping warm temperatures come our way as the week progresses.

mn dave

-9F right now. High is 2 I guess.

Mirror Image

Quote from: mn dave on January 07, 2014, 06:53:38 AM
-9F right now. High is 2 I guess.

Ooch...yeah and here I'm complaining about 8°F weather when you guys are feeling the brunt of this so called 'Polar Vortex.' :-[

mn dave

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 07, 2014, 06:56:59 AM
Ooch...yeah and here I'm complaining about 8°F weather when you guys are feeling the brunt of this so called 'Polar Vortex.' :-[

We're sorta used to it. :) It's all relative anyway; to you, 8 degrees is like 50 below!  ;D

Mirror Image

Quote from: mn dave on January 07, 2014, 07:02:54 AM
We're sorta used to it. :) It's all relative anyway; to you, 8 degrees is like 50 below!  ;D

That's true and thankfully there's no wind chill (right now), but having a strong wind chill would be the perfect cherry on top of this cold as shit f***** up morning. :P

mn dave

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 07, 2014, 07:06:28 AM
That's true and thankfully there's no wind chill (right now), but having a strong wind chill would be the perfect cherry on top of this cold as shit f***** up morning. :P

Oh yes, the wind chill is what cuts through you.

Mirror Image

Quote from: mn dave on January 07, 2014, 07:22:26 AM
Oh yes, the wind chill is what cuts through you.

...like a knife.

Mirror Image

Well it's a nice, as they say balmy, 43°F right now with a clear sky. Beautiful day. Looks like this arctic blast is behind us. Now, the weather wizards say it's supposed to rain the rest of the week. ::)