How is the weather?

Started by Mozart, November 23, 2007, 11:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: ChamberNut on July 05, 2014, 12:01:29 PM
Tornado warning for southern Manitoba!  ???

Umm, hate to see tornado warnings that far north. It's like in Minnesota; they don't get a lot of tornadoes, but by and large they are serious ass-kickers. Hope it gives you a wide berth, Ray. Manitoba is huge though, it could easily miss by 200 miles.... :-\

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Brahmsian

Quote from: Mirror Image on July 06, 2014, 06:39:44 AM
Party cloudy today with a little cool breeze which is a welcome relief from the usual Southern heat of summer. BTW, Ray, a tornado warning in Manitoba? That's interesting. I hope nothing comes of it, though.

Fortunately, nothing did come of it.  It did look ominous out there yesterday afternoon.

North Star

Quote from: Mirror Image on July 06, 2014, 06:39:44 AM
Party cloudy
Visiting Colorado, John?   ;)
77 Fahrenheit here in Oulu. 8)
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Brahmsian

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on July 06, 2014, 06:46:50 AM
Umm, hate to see tornado warnings that far north. It's like in Minnesota; they don't get a lot of tornadoes, but by and large they are serious ass-kickers. Hope it gives you a wide berth, Ray. Manitoba is huge though, it could easily miss by 200 miles.... :-\

8)

We don't get a lot of tornadoes in Manitoba, Gurn.  However, they do occur every now and then, but usually nothing really catastrophic.

Do a google search for tornado in Elie, Manitoba (about 1/2 hour west of Winnipeg), back in early-mid 2000s.  That was a corker!

Karl Henning

It appears that a tornado touched down in Revere, Mass., a scant seven miles from the office.  Here in Boston, we only enjoyed the rumble of thunder and the occasional lightning flash.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

North Star

Quote from: karlhenning on July 29, 2014, 04:22:39 AMHere in Boston, we only enjoyed the rumble of thunder and the occasional lightning flash.
Similar weather during the weekend here, with a good deal of rain. No tornados anywhere near, though.  0:)
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

EigenUser

Quote from: karlhenning on July 29, 2014, 04:22:39 AM
It appears that a tornado touched down in Revere, Mass., a scant seven miles from the office.  Here in Boston, we only enjoyed the rumble of thunder and the occasional lightning flash.
Yeah, I saw that on the local news here! We just drove through Revere not even a month ago. The pictures looked pretty bad, but they said that surprisingly no one was seriously injured. It was very windy here yesterday, but beautiful.
Beethoven's Op. 133 -- A fugue so bad that even Beethoven himself called it "Grosse".

Bogey

I cannot remember a wetter July here in the Denver area. Beginning to remind me of last fall when many areas had to deal with flooding. 

Just a day after tornadoes touched down in the Denver metro area, another wave of dangerous weather swept into northern Colorado, this time, hitting close to areas swamped in what was described as "biblical flooding" last fall.

Cities north of Denver were already dealing with major flooding by Tuesday evening.

The National Weather Service in Boulder estimates between 3-5 inches of rain fell across eastern Larimer and western Weld counties in just a few hours. Interstate 25 in the Loveland/Fort Collins was at a standstill in several places, according to 9 News in Denver. In Harvard Gulch Park, two girls were stranded and one had to be rescued by rope.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

DaveF

Today in South Wales a comfortable 7° with a hint of spring in the air, getting me out into the garden for the first serious bit of tidying-up of the year.  And in the NE USA?...
"All the world is birthday cake" - George Harrison

drogulus

Quote from: DaveF on January 27, 2015, 12:13:41 PM
Today in South Wales a comfortable 7° with a hint of spring in the air, getting me out into the garden for the first serious bit of tidying-up of the year.  And in the NE USA?...

"Fuck you", he explained.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Karl Henning

Quote from: DaveF on January 27, 2015, 12:13:41 PM

We're out for tidying, too!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Szykneij

My street today.
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

Szykneij

Braved the elements and went for a walk through what would usually be a traffic-filled downtown (driving ban was in effect.)
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Szykneij

This  inconsequential-looking snow covered roadway heading south to Boston is the bridge that goes "Over the River and Through the Woods to Grandfather's House."

EigenUser

Quote from: Szykneij on January 27, 2015, 02:33:47 PM
This  inconsequential-looking snow covered roadway heading south to Boston is the bridge that goes "Over the River and Through the Woods to Grandfather's House."
Arghhh! Your pictures make me want to go back to Mass!
Beethoven's Op. 133 -- A fugue so bad that even Beethoven himself called it "Grosse".

Szykneij

Quote from: EigenUser on January 27, 2015, 02:39:57 PM
Arghhh! Your pictures make me want to go back to Mass!

Bring your shovel.   :)

Daverz

Mostly sunny and 22º C here in Southern California.  But despite a bit of rain lately, we're still in a severe drought.

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/Home/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?CA

Szykneij

Quote from: Daverz on January 27, 2015, 02:52:21 PM
Mostly sunny and 22º C here in Southern California.  But despite a bit of rain lately, we're still in a severe drought.

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/Home/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?CA

Send me your address and I can ship you several tons of solid water by U.P.S. (c.o.d. of course).   :)

Brian

Daverz is an amateur. It was 26º C (78+) here in Dallas today!!