How is the weather?

Started by Mozart, November 23, 2007, 11:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daverz

Quote from: Brian on January 27, 2015, 03:05:01 PM
Daverz is an amateur. It was 26º C (78+) here in Dallas today!!

Well, I'm not using the tube amps today.

Quote from: Szykneij on January 27, 2015, 03:03:49 PM
Send me your address and I can ship you several tons of solid water by U.P.S. (c.o.d. of course).   :)

Wait a few years and it might be cost effective.

kishnevi

It is in the 50s for overnight lows here in SoFla almost all this week!
Meanwhile, this low level chuckle shared on FB.

kishnevi

Quote from: Szykneij on January 27, 2015, 02:29:57 PM
Braved the elements and went for a walk through what would usually be a traffic-filled downtown (driving ban was in effect.)
Tony, where do you live?  I know  there might be a generic look to regional architecture, but that looks almost exactly like the buildings just down the road from my uncle's house (the road in his case being Trapelo Road in Belmont).

DaveF

Quote from: drogulus on January 27, 2015, 01:24:15 PM
     "Fuck you", he explained.

Hey, some guys have got 26°.  F*** them first!  :)
"All the world is birthday cake" - George Harrison

Szykneij

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on January 27, 2015, 07:44:23 PM
Tony, where do you live?  I know  there might be a generic look to regional architecture, but that looks almost exactly like the buildings just down the road from my uncle's house (the road in his case being Trapelo Road in Belmont).

I'm not far from there, Jeffrey. The pictures are of Medford, just a few miles east of Belmont. If you were to take a right onto Route 16 in the last picture I posted, you'd get to your uncle's house in about 5 to 10 minutes.
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

kishnevi

Quote from: Szykneij on January 28, 2015, 01:59:37 AM
I'm not far from there, Jeffrey. The pictures are of Medford, just a few miles east of Belmont. If you were to take a right onto Route 16 in the last picture I posted, you'd get to your uncle's house in about 5 to 10 minutes.
Almost neighbors!

jochanaan

70+ in Denver yesterday. :D *ducks*
Imagination + discipline = creativity

Szykneij

Well, we now have another foot of snow on top of what he already had. The good news is, my "Who's Who in Baseball 2015" is supposed to be delivered today (provided the UPS truck can make it down the street.)
Spring can't be too far away!
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

North Star

Quote from: Szykneij on February 03, 2015, 05:12:57 AM
Spring can't be too far away!
I like winter too, but I don't have anything against spring.  8)
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Szykneij

The record for the most snow in Boston in a 30-day period has just been set in a little over two weeks, with the current storm not expected to end until tomorrow and another on the way! Staying inside with my cup of coffee for a while.

Karl Henning

Definitely an indoorsy day, Tony.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

North Star

What nonsense - those are the best days to go outside. (unless it's not a choice. . .) The cup of coffee will taste much sweeter after a exposing one to the weather, too.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Szykneij

Quote from: North Star on February 09, 2015, 04:46:48 AM
What nonsense - those are the best days to go outside. (unless it's not a choice. . .) The cup of coffee will taste much sweeter after a exposing one to the weather, too.

Yes, but it's still early in the morning here so I'm going to relax on the couch for a bit longer before putting the boots on.

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Szykneij on February 09, 2015, 04:41:25 AM
The record for the most snow in Boston in a 30-day period has just been set in a little over two weeks, with the current storm not expected to end until tomorrow and another on the way! Staying inside with my cup of coffee for a while.

And as I understand, there is yet another scheduled for Thursday... Reminds me of my youth; misspent in snow country!   >:D

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Szykneij

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on February 09, 2015, 04:57:00 AM
And as I understand, there is yet another scheduled for Thursday... Reminds me of my youth; misspent in snow country!   >:D

8)

Luckily, the temperature is cold so the snow is light. Moving it isn't too hard, but finding a place to put it is the challenge.

Gurn, we're you around here for the Blizzard of '78?

Karl Henning

Quote from: Szykneij on February 09, 2015, 05:12:04 AM
Luckily, the temperature is cold so the snow is light. Moving it isn't too hard, but finding a place to put it is the challenge.

Aye.

I was in northern Jersey.  Massachusetts got it much worse, of course, but it was no picnic down yonder, either  ;)
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

mc ukrneal

Ah '78. Now THAT was a great snow year. We had ice storms too, and the electricity was out for almost a week. I remember our neighbor had a generator and he ran a cord across the street to our house (which we just 'buried' by putting water and ice over it so that is wouldn't move when cars drove over it) and we were able to watch the super bowl. We had no lights, but the fridge was working and the TV. I remember about 25-30 people crammed around the tv. I think it was Cowboys/Steelers (or maybe it was a playoff game), but I don't recall exactly. It was the only time I remember snow high enough to build a short sled 'run', because of all the snow piled up. Was also the only time we had enough snow for a fort.
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Sergeant Rock

The Great Blizzard of '78 (Ohio) (aka the White Hurricane) happened two weeks before your blizzard. An ice storm with very strong winds preceded the snow. Unnoticed by Mrs. Rock and me, the wind forced the door to our balcony open (a sliding glass door). The ice froze the door in place; we couldn't get it closed. When the snow arrived, we had a blizzard in our living room  ??? ;D The snow actually piled up on the rug. It was two days before we were able to close the door.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Gurn Blanston

Yes, in Vermont. We hardly noticed it in the background noise. Go back another 10 years though and we had one to remember; 3' of snow in 24 hours, on top of 30" already on the ground. Only time I can ever remember shutting down the Interstate hwy.  Back where we lived, 180"/year was about right. Back then, trips to Boston usually involved seeing the grass for the first time in a month or 3... :)

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)