Started by Dungeon Master, January 27, 2024, 02:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: DavidW on April 20, 2024, 06:27:41 AMYes this is so good!  I don't know if it was Rob or the Chinese bots have finished their work, but I'm glad the forum is restored.
I'm trying not to hear that young girl's voice from the movie "The Poltergeist".

"They're here".

But good work, Rob!  May they never come back!

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Spotted Horses

Yes, seems to be back to normal. :)
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Spotted Horses on April 20, 2024, 08:37:37 AMYes, seems to be back to normal. :)
Maybe they grew tired of reading our classical ramblings (and only hung around to read the cat chat thread)?  :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Dungeon Master

I have added some bot-removal filters at a server level. Let me know if things continue to run smoothly, or if we run into any more molasses.

Dungeon Master

I'm more than happy to get positive feedback as well as negative, so I know I'm doing the right thing. Let me know if the forum is running fast for you. It has always run fast for me, but I'm in a different time zone, and I suspect my browsing doesn't coincide with peak traffic times.

Symphonic Addict

It's running pretty well here. Thanks for your always valuable help.
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

George

Page created in .085 seconds!
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

steve ridgway

Performing well, pages around 0.1s :D .

Florestan

Back to normal here as well. Thank you, Rob!
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Iota

Pretty nippy here. Thanks a lot, Rob!

Pohjolas Daughter

Speedy and smooth sailing here, Rob!  A big thanks!

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Spotted Horses

Back to normal, page generation time typically 0.1 sec or less.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Brian

Agreed (0.072 seconds just now) - very cool that those filters seem to be holding up so well. But we are smarter than the bots...for now...I hope.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Brian on April 22, 2024, 09:58:43 AMAgreed (0.072 seconds just now) - very cool that those filters seem to be holding up so well. But we are smarter than the bots...for now...I hope.
Sssshhh..."Be very very quiet.  Rob is hunting bots."  ;)

Pohjolas Daughter

brewski

Quote from: Dungeon Master on April 21, 2024, 03:33:02 PMI'm more than happy to get positive feedback as well as negative, so I know I'm doing the right thing. Let me know if the forum is running fast for you. It has always run fast for me, but I'm in a different time zone, and I suspect my browsing doesn't coincide with peak traffic times.

You are definitely doing the right thing! Forum is running super-fast, perhaps even more than before.

Thank you!

-Bruce
"I set down a beautiful chord on paper—and suddenly it rusts."
—Alfred Schnittke (1934-1998)

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

George

Another reason why GMG is the best!
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

prémont

Quote from: brewski on April 22, 2024, 12:39:32 PMYou are definitely doing the right thing! Forum is running super-fast, perhaps even more than before.

Thank you!

-Bruce

AMEN!
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Papy Oli

All good and normal this end too, thank you!  8)
Olivier