Bug Report 2024

Started by Dungeon Master, January 27, 2024, 02:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

Quote from: prémont on April 14, 2024, 01:01:49 AMServer relatively slow here today.

Yes, its Ups and Downs.
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Atriod

Notifications are working for me now.

George

Slooooow when posting, but for browsing it's mostly fast (under .5 seconds to load.)
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Dungeon Master

OK I have done some investigating. The site is under attack from bots, one of them from China requesting hundreds of pages every minute. These bots are automated web trawlers, not necessarily malicious, they are often just scanning pages for content for search indexes, or other reasons. But they slow the legitimate access to the forum considerably.

I am going to learn how to block them at a server level. First bit of code initiated, please let me know if you notice any difference.

cheers
Rob

JBS

Quote from: Dungeon Master on April 14, 2024, 05:56:40 PMOK I have done some investigating. The site is under attack from bots, one of them from China requesting hundreds of pages every minute. These bots are automated web trawlers, not necessarily malicious, they are often just scanning pages for content for search indexes, or other reasons. But they slow the legitimate access to the forum considerably.

I am going to learn how to block them at a server level. First bit of code initiated, please let me know if you notice any difference.

cheers
Rob

Thanks for everything you're doing.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

George

Quote from: Dungeon Master on April 14, 2024, 05:56:40 PMOK I have done some investigating. The site is under attack from bots, one of them from China requesting hundreds of pages every minute. These bots are automated web trawlers, not necessarily malicious, they are often just scanning pages for content for search indexes, or other reasons. But they slow the legitimate access to the forum considerably.

cheers
Rob

Seems better now. Faster to post (1.4 seconds) and faster to browse (.9 seconds.)

Spotted Horses

cheers
Rob

Maybe they are collecting a training set for an AI chatbot. If so if anyone asks it to name the best composer ever it will confidently reply Havergal Brian.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Harry

Page created in 3.735 seconds with 36 queries.

One could say that it is slow, very much so. Those Bots are quite aggressive.

Madiel

I was having a slow time of it around the same time as Harry. Though several hours later it seems to be back to normal speed.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Harry

Wow, its lagging now big time. When I click on an email link, I get a black screen first, and 4 or 5 seconds later the page appears. Posting takes even longer.....

George

Page created in 3.529 seconds with 32 queries.