Main Menu

Pluck!

Started by hornteacher, April 22, 2007, 06:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hornteacher

My wife and I saw Pluck! in Charlotte, NC last night on a whim and were very entertained.  Apparently they are a British string trio comedy act.  The humor is along the lines of the things Victor Borge and PDQ Bach have done but with a more visual emphasis.  Lots of fun.

Anybody else seen this act?

Here's the website for the Trio:

http://www.pluck.me.uk

SonicMan46

Hornteacher - we've not seen that group, but sounds like one that we would have enjoyed!  From Winston-Salem (about a 90 min drive), we visit Charlotte about 3-4x a year for a weekend overnight to see some 'show' - stay @ one of the downtown hotels & pick out a good restaurant; a nice excursion for us - also, do the same if there is a 'special' show at the Mint Museum.  Thanks for reminding me - it has been a while!  :D

hornteacher

Quote from: SonicMan on April 22, 2007, 04:02:06 PM
Hornteacher - we've not seen that group, but sounds like one that we would have enjoyed!  From Winston-Salem (about a 90 min drive), we visit Charlotte about 3-4x a year for a weekend overnight to see some 'show' - stay @ one of the downtown hotels & pick out a good restaurant; a nice excursion for us - also, do the same if there is a 'special' show at the Mint Museum.  Thanks for reminding me - it has been a while!  :D

Yes, sometimes I forget that Downtown Charlotte is a happening place.  They have some great shows.  The CSO is doing Tchaikovsky's 4th and VC next weekend.