Can anyone name this piece?

Started by Josquin des Prez, April 23, 2007, 01:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlos

It sounds like Tchaikovsky to me.
Piantale a la leche hermano, que eso arruina el corazón! (from a tango's letter)

mahlertitan

Steve

Yes, it does sound like Chopin, but I can't think of the piece...

BachQ

Lovely interior designwork . . . . . . .

zamyrabyrd

"Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one."

― Charles MacKay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

orbital

It does sound like Chopin because it has hints of Ballades 2 and 3 in it. I would go with Tchaikovsky as well, if it is by a known composer.

Que

I don't know it, but like Carlos and Orbital I put my cards on Tchaikovsky.

Q

JoshLilly

I have a "Complete Works" set by Chopin, and Complete (known) Piano Works by Tchaikovsky, and it's not either one of them. Unless it's something they didn't know about when they made either of these box sets. So if you were putting money on Tchaikovsky, I hope you'll pay your losses to me! I don't want cards though, I don't play cards.

Larry Rinkel

Doesn't sound like either Chopin or Tchaikovsky to me.

mahlertitan

Quote from: Larry Rinkel on April 26, 2007, 08:26:38 AM
Doesn't sound like either Chopin or Tchaikovsky to me.
sounds like some obscure composer's, whose name we are never going to find out.

JoshLilly

Never find out? If someone really wants to, I don't see why e-mailing someone with that company or their web designer would be so impossible.

SonicMan46

Not sure - sounds like the Romantic era, but could be some 'new age' pseudo-classic?  At any rate, I sent their contact address an e-mail this afternoon, no response tonight?  :-\

mahlertitan

here is my predictions/deductions:
-Romantic era composer
-a piano lullaby, because of the dancing rhythm
-probably someone pretty famous

Larry Rinkel

Quote from: JoshLilly on April 26, 2007, 10:51:12 AM
Never find out? If someone really wants to, I don't see why e-mailing someone with that company or their web designer would be so impossible.

Which I have already done. No reply thus far.

SonicMan46

Quote from: Larry Rinkel on April 26, 2007, 07:13:07 PM
Which I have already done. No reply thus far.

Larry - believe that we had the same idea - doubt that there will be a response?  But, may be surprised?  ;D

Christo

... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948