The Music Room > Composer Discussion

Haydn's Haus

<< < (2/2520) > >>

Gurn Blanston:

--- Quote from: hornteacher on April 06, 2007, 04:51:09 PM ---ArkivMusic has it too.  Thanks.

--- End quote ---

Ah yes, I see. It is one of their reissues. Those are very tempting, pity they don't have liner notes, but otherwise they are a great chance to get OOP stuff you would never see otherwise. :)

8)

Que:
Got this recently on Bunny's recommendation.
Marvelous, high quality Haydn, in a superb, colourful performance - that goes almost without saying.. :D
Recommended!

Q

Harry:
Well to give my little knowledge to this thread, may I recommend the SQ by the Buchbinder Quartet on Brilliant, now in their fourth volume. And it is really rather good. Not only are they cheap, but also well recorded and performed.

Gurn Blanston:

--- Quote from: Que on April 07, 2007, 01:56:23 AM ---Got this recently on Bunny's recommendation.
Marvelous, high quality Haydn, in a superb, colourful performance - that goes almost without saying.. :D
Recommended!

Q

--- End quote ---

Q,
I have 6 of those on this disk:

Klocker et al play them very nicely.

Reasons I didn't get the disk you referenced:
1 The 6 on this one are positively by Haydn, the other 2 are unsure, although probably authentic.

2 The CPO disk is available everywhere, the SONY is OOP and hard to find (it's $35 US right now at Amazon)

3 I didn't know about that one until after I found this one.

Alright, call me bitter. :'(  Although I will say this, the Klocker disk really IS very good, I play it often. Notturnos are divertimentos after all, and these make for a very nice diversion indeed. :D

8)

Gurn Blanston:

--- Quote from: D Minor on April 07, 2007, 03:25:49 AM ---Can I discuss Haydn's masses in this thread, or is that off-limits?

--- End quote ---

How about the Baryton Octets instead? I understand that 1 of them is in d minor...  ;)

8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version