Author Topic: Seven box sets for sale  (Read 4779 times)

Sean

Seven box sets for sale
« on: January 29, 2008, 04:19:50 AM »
Would be pleased to consider offers for these items, all as new with booklets and bought last year (however see the Schumann and Brahms below).

Schubert- Complete songs, Graham Johnson & 60 singers on Hyperion, 40 CDs The complete vocal music with piano covers 37 discs, with the last three of lieder by 40 other composers active in his lifetime; includes Bostridge in Schone Mullerin and Goerne in Winterreise.

Schubert- The major piano sonatas, Wilhelm Kempff on DG, 7 CDs Set includes all but a couple of minor sonatas with tangled provenance.

Haydn- Complete Piano trios, Beaux Arts Trio on Philips, 9 CDs
SOLD

Haydn- Complete piano music, Christine Schornsheim on Capricorn, 14 CDs All the sonatas plus other works (with decisions made on which minor works are authentic to include); the 14th disc is a discussion with the pianist all in German.
SOLD

Bach- Complete Organ music, Peter Hurford on Decca, 17 CDs (with decisions made on which minor works are authentic to include).

Schumann- Complete solo piano music, Jeog Demus on Nuova Era, 13 CDs This has a slightly shabby box and unfortunately the last ten minutes of the third disc doesn't play due to an invisible fault- the last couple of movements of the Intermezzos).
SOLD

Brahms- Complete solo piano music, Martin Jones on Nimbus, 6 CDs Some adhesive tape on the box.

Wagner- The Ring, Clemens Krauss 1953 Bayreuth mono, on Allegro, 14 CDs
SOLD

Also
Stravinsky- The Rite of spring (second recording) & Prokofiev Symphony No.5, Karajan BPO on DG, 1 CD

« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 03:49:56 AM by Sean »

springrite

Re: Seven box sets for sale
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 04:25:34 AM »
Sean's version of Refusal Bin?

Very much interested in the Schubert songs (and trios), but I doubt I can tender a decent offer to better others.

Sean

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 09:41:59 AM »
Say around 50% of the lowest Amazon price for these items?

Offline Guido

• Veteran member
  • 396 CCs
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 08:29:10 PM »
I'd be very interested to buy the Schumann piano works. I have PMed you.
Geologist.

The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away

Offline Maciek

• Ban them all!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 03:12:43 PM »
The Schubert song-box look positively mouthwatering. However, my employer-to-be has yet to declare how much I'll be paid and when I can expect the money to start flowing in. :( And until that is clear, I can't make any purchases of this size. :'( However - if you don't find a buyer right away, I might be able to give you an offer in a week or two (if you're still interested then ;D). Unless my new income turns out to be as meager as I fear... ::)

Sean

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 10:05:29 PM »
Hi Maciek, yes sure, get back to me. Amazon are doing it for £130 so I could mail it you for £65, plus postage which could be quite a few pounds more in this case I guess.

The Mad Hatter

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 03:51:42 AM »
Interested in the Stravinsky/Prokofiev - how much would you like for that?

Sean

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 09:04:45 AM »
Well only a few pounds, but it's really one to throw in with one of the box sets- not worth posting out alone...

springrite

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 09:07:38 AM »
Well only a few pounds, but it's really one to throw in with one of the box sets- not worth posting out alone...

Good one to throw in if you are sending me the Schubert, then!

Sean

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 09:08:30 AM »
I may be going to Korea shortly- maybe I can send it you from there...

springrite

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 09:12:48 AM »
I may be going to Korea shortly- maybe I can send it you from there...
That'd be great!

Steve

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 03:46:44 PM »
I'm interested in the Schubert Songs as well. Has someone already laid claim to them?