The Joke Thread

Started by karlhenning, April 25, 2007, 12:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGSMoeller

Stevie Wonder is getting a divorce, bet he didn't see that coming.

mahler10th

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on August 03, 2012, 06:18:48 PM
Stevie Wonder is getting a divorce, bet he didn't see that coming.

Groan...   :-[

david johnson

Past, present, and future walked into a bar.  It was a tense moment.

Superhorn

More terrible puns :

Another name for Pavolov's dogs : The salivation army .  Archeology students  studying the plumbing facilities in ancient Egypt :
Pharaoh  faucet majors . 
Scottish cheese : Loch ness Muenster .  Geometry : What an acorn says once it's grown up .
Chinese lumberhjacks cut trees down with chopsticks .
She was only a trainman's daughter, loco with no motive .
Indecision : Under the whether .
If you want to crash a houseboat party, just barge in !
Communist plot: Where a Marxist gets buried .
Whenever a ghost gets lost in a fog, he's mist .
Greek demolition firm : Edifice Wrecks .
She was only a moonshiner's daughter, but he looved her still .
A Peruvian prince fished a beautiful maiden out of a river and made her his bride before the Inca was dry .
The conductor kept throwing tempo tantrums .
It's easy to milk a cow . Any jerk can do it .
Michael Jackson's  skin color : a pigment of his imagination .
What religion was Humpty Dumpty ?  He was an eggnostic .
Atheism is a non-prophet  organization .
Atheists : People with no invisible means of support .

Florestan

An Irishman leaves the pub.
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Brahmsian

An old one, not really funny (but nevertheless):

Q - What is a harp seal's favourite drink?

A- Canadian Club on the rocks.

Karl Henning

Quote from: ChamberNut on January 13, 2013, 05:01:39 PM
An old one, not really funny (but nevertheless):

Q - What is a harp seal's favourite drink?

A- Canadian Club on the rocks.

Ouch!

Thread Duty:

This is a story I once heard in St Petersburg.

On a call-in radio show, once of the hosts referred to a traditional Russian saying, A guest who over-stays his welcome is worse than a Tartar. Anyone who has listened to Prokofiev's Aleksandr Nevsky, which opens with the brooding "Russia Beneath the Mongol Yoke," will get the allusion.

Well, this was in the days of the Soviet Union, when many non-Russian republics were (will they or nil they) part of the Union; and there were always citizens from the various Soviet republics residing in "both of the capitals," Moscow & St Petersburg.  So, not all that surprisingly, a fellow from one of the central Asian republics calls in, and complains. "Comrades, all of our peoples are brothers in devotion to the wonderful principles of Marxism-Leninism, and we are all united in the struggle against the evils of the capitalist warlords which continue to lay waste to the decadent West. Yet here you are making fun of, not to put too fine a point on it, people of my own ancestry with remarks like A guest who over-stays his welcome is worse than a Tartar.  Well, why pick on the Tartars? I wish we could change things for the better."

"All right," conceded the host. "What if we say instead, A guest who over-stays his welcome is . . . better than a Tartar!"
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Florestan

Speking of which: Radio Erevan...

Q: Who invented communism, philosophers or scientists?
A: Philosophers because scientists would have first tested it on rats.

Q: What will happen if communism triumph in Sahara?
A: A sand shortage.

Q: Is it possible for communism to triumph in Switzerland?
A: Yes it is but it would be a pity.

Q: Why your broadcasts of late are that poor technically?
A: Because we're broadcasting from Siberia.

Q: Is it true that following the Tchernobyl disaster the whole management of the plant committed suicide?
A: Yes, except the party secretary who was not found at his home.

Q: Is it true that in the USSR there is no need for stereo equipment?
A: In principle it is, one hears the same thing from left and right anyway.

Q: What is the most powerful weapon in the world?
A: The cruiser Aurora: one blind shot resulted in 70 years of disaster.

Q: Is it true that fleas and ticks could start a revolution?
A: In principle yes, because in their arteries flows the blood of the working class.

Q: What countries does USSR border?
A: Any one it wishes.

Q: In our school we intend to perform Schiller's Wilhelm Tell, is it possible?
A: In principle yes but where will you get the apple from?

Q: Is returning from the Moon technically difficult?
A: No. The greatest difficulty is to convince the astronauts to return.

Q: Newspapers report that in a Romanian factory a placard was taken down which was inscribed: We'd better work for 10 Russians than for 1 American". Why is that?
A: Because they produced coffins.

Q: Where did the first soviet-style elections take place?
A: In the Garden of Eden when Adam chose his wife.

Q: What's the difference between an American and a Soviet tale?
A: The American one starts with "Once upon a time...", the Soviet one with "There'll be a time..."

Q: How does the Soviet government react to a deadlock?
A: We've already announced we won't answer agricultural questions anymore.

Q: Is it true that in the big industrial factories nepotism is practiced?
A: In principle no, the management boards usually are composed of brothers.

Q: Is it true that aspirin can have a contraceptive effect?
A: Yes, if you squeeze it with your knees.

Q: What else can you take off a naked secretary?
A: The general manager.

Q: Is it true that women live longer than men?
A: Yes it is, especially the widows.

Q: Is it true that a rouble, a pound and a dollar have the same value?
A: In principle it is, but it's like that: a pound of roubles equals a dollar.

Q: Is it true that from now on the soviet citizens can order household appliances and food over the internet?
A: Yes it is and the delivery will be over the internet too.

Q: Is it true that the Czechoslovakian people asked our Red Army for help?
A: Yes it is, the 1939 request was granted in 1968.

Q: What is the KGB?
A: It is the party's heart that beats, beats, beats...

Q: Where does the one who create the Radio Erevan jokes live?
A: We don't know exactly, but he'll live there for a very long time.

There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Gurn Blanston

While out one morning in the park, a jogger found a brand new tennis ball, and seeing no one around it might belong to, he slipped it into the pocket of his shorts.

Later, on his way home, he stopped at the pedestrian crossing, waiting for the lights to change.

A blonde standing next to him eyed the large bulge in his shorts. "What's that?" she asked, her eyes gleaming with lust.

"Tennis ball," came the breathless reply.

"Oh," said the blonde sympathetically, "That must be painful. I had tennis elbow once."

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

George

"My ex wife gave great head ache."

- Rodney Dangerfield
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Superhorn

What's the difference between a fish and  piano ? You can't tuna fish . 
    How do you get down off an elephant ? You can't. Down comes off of ducks .
    If a blonde and a brunette jump off a tall building at the same time , which one
    will hit the ground first ?  The brunette, because the blonde will have to stop
    and ask for directions .
   What's the difference between a  church bell and  a politician ?
    A church bell peals from the steeple, and  a poltician steals from the people .
   A bunch of  crooks tried to  pull of a heist at  th eMetropolitn museum of art ,
   but the  whole thing failed because they couldn't make the van Gogh .
   What's brown and sits on a piano stool in Vienna ? Beethoven's last movement .

snyprrr

You've heard about gays' travel plans?

The girls are done lickedy split, but the guys are always packing their shit!!

(just for those who say I only pick on Dick Cheney)

Gurn Blanston

A  motorcycle police officer stops a driver for shooting through a red light. The driver is a real bastard, steps out of his car and comes striding toward the officer, demanding to know why he is being harassed by the Gestapo!

So the officer calmly tells him of the red light violation. The motorist instantly goes on a tirade, questioning the officer's ancestry,  sexual orientation, etc., in rather explicit offensive terms.

The tirade goes on without the officer saying anything.

When the officer finishes writing the ticket he puts an "AH" in the lower right corner of the narrative portion of the ticket. He then hands it to The 'violator' for his signature. The guy signs the ticket angrily, and when presented with his copy points to the "AH" and demands to know what it stands for.

The officer says, "That's so when we go to court, I'll remember that you're an asshole!"

Two months later they're in court. The 'violator' has a bad driving record with a high number of points and is in danger of losing his license, so he hired a lawyer to represent him.

On the stand the officer testifies to seeing the man run through the red light.

Under cross examination the defense attorney asks; "Officer is this a reasonable facsimile of the ticket that you issued to my client?"

Officer responds, "Yes, sir, that is the defendant's copy, his signature and mine, same number at the top."

Lawyer: "Officer, is there any particular marking or notation on this ticket you don't normally make?"

"Yes, sir, in the lower right corner of the narrative there is an "AH," underlined."

"What does the "AH" stand for, officer?"

"Aggressive and hostile, Sir."

"Aggressive and hostile?"

"Yes, Sir.

"Officer, are you sure it doesn't stand for asshole?"

Well, sir, you know your client better than I do.

:D

8)

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

snyprrr

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on July 17, 2013, 02:39:10 PM
A  motorcycle police officer stops a driver for shooting through a red light. The driver is a real bastard, steps out of his car and comes striding toward the officer, demanding to know why he is being harassed by the Gestapo!

So the officer calmly tells him of the red light violation. The motorist instantly goes on a tirade, questioning the officer's ancestry,  sexual orientation, etc., in rather explicit offensive terms.

The tirade goes on without the officer saying anything.

When the officer finishes writing the ticket he puts an "AH" in the lower right corner of the narrative portion of the ticket. He then hands it to The 'violator' for his signature. The guy signs the ticket angrily, and when presented with his copy points to the "AH" and demands to know what it stands for.

The officer says, "That's so when we go to court, I'll remember that you're an asshole!"

Two months later they're in court. The 'violator' has a bad driving record with a high number of points and is in danger of losing his license, so he hired a lawyer to represent him.

On the stand the officer testifies to seeing the man run through the red light.

Under cross examination the defense attorney asks; "Officer is this a reasonable facsimile of the ticket that you issued to my client?"

Officer responds, "Yes, sir, that is the defendant's copy, his signature and mine, same number at the top."

Lawyer: "Officer, is there any particular marking or notation on this ticket you don't normally make?"

"Yes, sir, in the lower right corner of the narrative there is an "AH," underlined."

"What does the "AH" stand for, officer?"

"Aggressive and hostile, Sir."

"Aggressive and hostile?"

"Yes, Sir.

"Officer, are you sure it doesn't stand for asshole?"

Well, sir, you know your client better than I do.

:D

8)

Did you steal my HaydnSeek??? ??? ???

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: snyprrr on July 17, 2013, 07:36:54 PM
Did you steal my HaydnSeek??? ??? ???

Nah, yours is a link to somewhere in India, my friend Navneeth already has that covered. I like that you made a pun on a pun though. Well done. :)

8)

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

George

Chris Brown totaled his Porsche 911, which comes as no surprise to me. Chris Brown loves that car.

- Anthony Jeselnik
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Papy Oli

A psychiatrist was conducting a group therapy session with four young mothers and their small children. 'You all have obsessions,' he observed.

To the first mother, Mary, he said, 'You are obsessed with eating. You've even named your daughter Candy.'

He turned to the second mother, Ann: 'Your obsession is with money. Again it manifests itself in your child's name, Penny.'

He turned to the third mother, Kathy: 'Your obsession is alcohol. This too shows itself in your child's name, Brandy.'

At this point, the fourth mother, Joyce, quietly got up, took her little boy by the hand and whispered... 'Come on Dick, this guy has no idea what he's talking about. Let's pick Willy up from school and go home!
Olivier

Karl Henning

Best joke I've read all day:

Quote from: James on December 03, 2013, 12:51:42 PM
LATEST STOCKHAUSEN NEWS!
IMPORTANT NOTICE

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

North Star

I was going to post in the convenient thread placement, when I saw this and KS thread next to each other ;)
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr