Today's Purchases (Non-classical)

Started by MN Dave, February 07, 2008, 10:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

MN Dave

Post your non-classical music (book, magazine, garden tool, sex aid, etc.) purchases in this thread.

I bought FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS by Hunter S. Thompson on CD. And some other things I'll post later.

Brewski

Quote from: MN Dave on February 07, 2008, 10:06:24 AM
I bought FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS by Hunter S. Thompson on CD. And some other things I'll post later.

Dave, who is reading it, and is he/she a good match for the book?  Is there someone you might have preferred?  Just curious, since I notice the field of "recorded books" seems to be increasing, and there must be an art to matching up the material with an appropriate narrator. 

--Bruce
"I set down a beautiful chord on paper—and suddenly it rusts."

- Alfred Schnittke

Twitter: @BruceHodgesNY

MN Dave

Quote from: bhodges on February 07, 2008, 10:09:15 AM
Dave, who is reading it, and is he/she a good match for the book?  Is there someone you might have preferred?  Just curious, since I notice the field of "recorded books" seems to be increasing, and there must be an art to matching up the material with an appropriate narrator. 

--Bruce

I just started, but the guy seems pretty fitting for the material. The box is in the vehicle so I have no idea who's reading.

MN Dave

#3
Okay, here's the rest--all hardcover books:

Non-fiction:

PIRATE WARS by Peter Earle
NO MAN IS AN ISLAND - Thomas Merton

Fiction:

A CONFEDERACY OF DUNCES - John Kennedy Toole

All purchased at Half-Price Books for a little over twenty bucks.

karlhenning

Quote from: MN Dave on February 07, 2008, 10:15:20 AM
I just started, but the guy seems pretty fitting for the material. The box is in the vehicle so I have no idea who's reading.

Please tell us it's Nathan Lane!  8)

MN Dave


karlhenning


karlhenning

As your attorney, I advise you to drink heavily.


karlhenning

Well, I'm about ready to give up.

(Kevin Costner?)

MN Dave


karlhenning

Ha! Knew I was close!

(Regis Philbin?)


karlhenning



Brian


MN Dave

Quote from: Brian on February 07, 2008, 01:30:46 PM
Awesome - two thumbs up!

Yes, it has gone from something on my wish list to something in my To Be Read pile.  ;D


MishaK

This:



Borrowed this from Netflix and was so hooked I decided I had to have it. Not quite on the level of Planet Earth, but for an avid birdwatcher like myself an absolute must. Just amazing footage.

MN Dave

Quote from: O Mensch on February 07, 2008, 01:59:22 PM
This:



Borrowed this from Netflix and was so hooked I decided I had to have it. Not quite on the level of Planet Earth, but for an avid birdwatcher like myself an absolute must. Just amazing footage.

That looks good.

I bought PLANET EARTH for my parents but failed to get one for myself. I can borrow theirs I suppose.