Quote from: George on March 27, 2008, 10:44:57 AM
The Doors
S/T
DCC Gold CD
Mastered by Steve Hoffman

8)

Break on through, dude.

toledobass

Picked up the Cure's Disintegration today. Encore records in Ann Arbor didn't have Kiss Kiss Kiss or I would have picked that up to.  Instead I picked up the Cowboy Junkies Trinity Sessions. 

Thanks again for those Cure recs guys.  Looking forward to spinning them.

Allan

George

Quote from: toledobass on March 28, 2008, 02:33:41 PM
Picked up the Cure's Disintegration today. Encore records in Ann Arbor didn't have Kiss Kiss Kiss or I would have picked that up to.  Instead I picked up the Cowboy Junkies Trinity Sessions. 

Thanks again for those Cure recs guys.  Looking forward to spinning them.

Allan

Let us know what you think!

The liner notes for Disintegration say "This album was mixed to be played loud so turn it up!" I recommend following this suggestion.  8)

Haffner

Quote from: MN Dave on March 24, 2008, 01:13:51 PM
I think Buscema's my favorite.

He is great. I love Gene Colan's work from his classic "Tomb of Dracula" years. Also John Byrne from the old "X-Men".

Bogey

Quote from: Haffner on March 28, 2008, 04:16:45 PM

He is great. I love Gene Colan's work from his classic "Tomb of Dracula" years. Also John Byrne from the old "X-Men".

Still, Barry Smith's work on the Avengers may be unmatched IMO.....unless you play the Neal Adams Batman card. ;D
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Bogey

And I believe you recommended this one Sidoze:

Listened to it two times through and absolutely loved it.  This pressing only has the ten tracks, but that will do.  The really neat thing about my first listen was that we were driving home in downtown Denver and there was steam coming up from different points on the street with rows of various nightclubs as backdrops.  Perfect.  Thanks again for the rec.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Haffner

Quote from: Bogey on March 28, 2008, 08:52:02 PM
Still, Barry Smith's work on the Avengers may be unmatched IMO.....unless you play the Neal Adams Batman card. ;D

Hey, I never checked him out! Now I'm curious...

Bogey

Quote from: Haffner on March 29, 2008, 05:13:01 AM

Hey, I never checked him out! Now I'm curious...

He only did a few Ange.  However, I would never dis' Busema.  He did some great stuff as well.  And for the record, my all-time favorite comic book cover on the planet:

by Neal Adams.

Haffner

Quote from: Bogey on March 29, 2008, 06:18:43 AM
He only did a few Ange.  However, I would never dis' Busema.  He did some great stuff as well.  And for the record, my all-time favorite comic book cover on the planet:

by Neal Adams.

Neal Adams= Comic Art Deity

Hey, is that cover Wagner-ian or what?

I should also mention Jim Starling's Warlock series.

Bogey

Just ordered.  Thanks Kevin!  Allan, please see PM.

Kullervo

>:( The leather Shakespeare edition I mentioned before had been sold, after being there every day for the past 4 months. Oh well. Picked up some paperbacks.

Chekhov - Uncle Vanya and Other Plays (have his short stories)
Ibsen - Four Great Plays (Doll's House, Ghosts, etc.)
Joyce - Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man (anxious to read this)

BorisG

I only had two returns (stale almonds and a dvd) for credit. Bought nothing. Does that count?

Some might like to know, the dvd was the chickflick Only You. In a weak moment I got in touch with my inner self and bought it for my wife.

She liked it so much, that it remained unopened for three weeks. I took the hint. ;)

Bogey

Bogey

Kullervo

Ordered from Amazon:

Samuel Butler - Erewhon and Erewhon Revisited (Modern Library)

I haven't yet finished The Way of All Flesh, but I am enjoying it so much that I ordered this, what is usually referred to as his masterpiece. Apparently it was a huge influence on Huxley for Brave New World (a book I need to revisit soon).

Interestingly enough, Erewhon is also the name of a cereal maker. ;D

Bogey

Quote from: Corey on April 03, 2008, 04:40:05 PM
Ordered from Amazon:

Samuel Butler - Erewhon and Erewhon Revisited (Modern Library)

I haven't yet finished The Way of All Flesh, but I am enjoying it so much that I ordered this, what is usually referred to as his masterpiece. Apparently it was a huge influence on Huxley for Brave New World (a book I need to revisit soon).

Interestingly enough, Erewhon is also the name of a cereal maker. ;D

And if you want some more cosmic connections Corey, I have been thumbing through this Mozart bio

by Annette Kolb, who I believe has a connection with your avatar. 

Bogey

In recent days, just picked these up.  Just saw the recent e music thread and thought I would post these.  Still not a download fan, so these remasters will have to do.  ;)

Haffner

Quote from: Bogey on April 04, 2008, 03:36:32 PM
In recent days, just picked these up.  Just saw the recent e music thread and thought I would post these.  Still not a download fan, so these remasters will have to do.  ;)

"Stray Cat Blues"

MN Dave

Because, hell, a friend of mine wrote it.