Started by MN Dave, February 07, 2008, 10:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conor71

Purchased (iTunes downloads) these today too:

nico1616

Quote from: Conor71 on June 08, 2012, 02:51:42 PM

Quote from: nico1616 on Today at 06:09:32 AM
Sigur Ros is always worth it  :)

Awesome, I ordered this one last week as well - can't wait to hear it! it will go to the top of my listening pile when it arrives!  :D

Valtari is a great addition to their discography. i love the first 6 songs on the album as much as any Sigur Rós.
But I still can not understand why they ended this album with two instrumental songs that sound like an extended 15 minute outro. Maybe I will have to listen some more to get it  :)
The first half of life is spent in longing for the second, the second half in regretting the first.

Conor71

Quote from: nico1616 on Today at 04:00:32 PM
Valtari is a great addition to their discography. i love the first 6 songs on the album as much as any Sigur Rós.
But I still can not understand why they ended this album with two instrumental songs that sound like an extended 15 minute outro. Maybe I will have to listen some more to get it  :)

Yes that sounds a bit like Von with the extended instrumental songs - It's probably the album of theirs I dont really get either, though it has grown on me a lot with repeat listenings :) It sounds like Valtari is a bit of a departure from their last 2 albums - Im really looking forward to it!  :D

springrite

The best of:
Emylou Harris
Kool & the Gang
Blonde

Music video of Paula Abdul

The first three for sentimental reasons because I listened to their music a lot and loved them when I first arrived in the US in the early 80's. The MV was because Kimi loved a Sesame Street episode in which Paul Abdul (before she became famous) taught dance lessons for the muppets. Kimi loves that one and loved Paula's dancing. So I bought this one for her.
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Geo Dude

Sergeant Rock

the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Geo Dude

Sarge:

I can't speak to "...Firehouse" as I haven't heard it yet, but "King Tubbys Meets Rockers..." and "East of the River Nile" are both essential if you like instrumental dub.  Augustus Pablo is a genius.  Satta Massagana is some fine roots reggae, too, and you can find the songs on YouTube to preview 'em.  8)

Conor71

Downloaded these 2 Albums today (bought from iTunes) :):

Conor71

Geo Dude

George

Geo Dude . . . collecting one genre at a time.  8)
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Geo Dude

Quote from: George on June 13, 2012, 05:12:50 AM
Geo Dude . . . collecting one genre at a time.  8)

:D

More accurately binging on one genre at a time... ;)

George

Quote from: Geo Dude on June 13, 2012, 07:21:27 AM

More accurately binging on one genre at a time... ;)

You know me, I was trying to keep it positive.

By the way, have you heard Foxy Shazam?

Geo Dude

No, I haven't.  What album(s) should I be looking for?

Conor71

TheGSMoeller

@Conor71 you've got me wanting to go back to my Jarre music, I think I'll start...

http://www.youtube.com/v/5DDEl7JnWvo

George

Quote from: Geo Dude on June 13, 2012, 07:50:38 AM
No, I haven't.  What album(s) should I be looking for?

The self titled one (partially pictured in my avatar) and Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll.

TheGSMoeller

Upgraded of few of my personal favorites to Blue-Ray. May end up getting all of the Wong Kar-Wai films on BR. This now means I own three copies of these same films, including Chunking Express which I already bought on BR.

Leon

Since I am a lifelong Beach Boys completest, I had to buy this:

[asin]B007U1FEJE[/asin]

But it is really a very good record, rivaling some of their better efforts from their golden years.  No, not as good as Pet Sounds or Smile, but right up there with Today, or Summer Days and Summer Nights.  The vocals are especially good, as is the writing.  There is a sense of summer fading away, which is appropriate, but deeper than mere nostalgia and sentimentality.  It has the effect of an unblinking staring down the inevitable end of the road for this band.

Very pleased with what will no doubt be their last new recording.

Conor71

Just bought this:

The reviews of this one were'nt that great but as Mark kozelek is one of my favourite singer/songwriters I will be suprised if I dont like it :)