Today's Purchases (Non-classical)

Started by MN Dave, February 07, 2008, 10:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henk

~

Green Destiny

Quote from: Henk on December 09, 2014, 01:55:38 PM
This is ridicules. Barbarism. I consider leaving this forum.

Made me smile ;D

Green Destiny

Henk

Why listening all the ordinary stuff, dude? Boring.

Green Destiny

Quote from: Henk on December 12, 2014, 01:39:39 AM

That's me - im a boring guy :)

Green Destiny

Mirror Image

Quote from: Henk on December 12, 2014, 01:39:39 AM

What's wrong with The Beatles, Henk?

Henk

Nothing, but I find much more satisfaction of exploring good music that isn't known already. _Only_ listening to the old, known stuff, and not exploring new and exciting stuff, I find that pretty boring.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Henk on December 13, 2014, 06:42:14 AM
Nothing, but I find much more satisfaction of exploring good music that isn't known already. _Only_ listening to the old, known stuff, and not exploring new and exciting stuff, I find that pretty boring.

Well that's fine, but you shouldn't be commenting on other's listening habits especially when the tone of your post to Conor (Green Destiny) was unnecessarily negative.

Henk

Yes, but it was in reaction to a negative post by him.

Green Destiny

Quote from: Henk on December 13, 2014, 07:23:37 AM
Yes, but it was in reaction to a negative post by him.

Hey Henk - I think you might have misunderstood me. When I said your post mde me smile I thought you were making a joke and I was just commenting that I thought it was funny.
I assure you im not a bad guy :)

Green Destiny

Latest purchases:

George

Quote from: Green Destiny on December 13, 2014, 04:36:04 PM
Latest purchases:

I recently went through a Byrds phase. I bought a nice boxed set of their work. I was surprised that I didn't like them more.

Have you heard the The Flying Burrito Brothers or Gram Parsons albums?
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Green Destiny

Quote from: George on December 13, 2014, 06:20:20 PM
I recently went through a Byrds phase. I bought a nice boxed set of their work. I was surprised that I didn't like them more.

Have you heard the The Flying Burrito Brothers or Gram Parsons albums?

Good stuff! - have you got the big box George? (the complete Columbia albums)?. I haven't heard the FBB or Gram Parson's before - A band I like who were influenced by these artisits is Beachwood Sparks. Im a bit shy towards country music and groups like Mojave 3 and the Byrds are probably the closest I get to that genre. That's not to say I might like it in future - thanks for your suggestions, I will check these guys out for sure :)

George

Quote from: Green Destiny on December 13, 2014, 06:41:32 PM
Good stuff! - have you got the big box George? (the complete Columbia albums)?. I haven't heard the FBB or Gram Parson's before - A band I like who were influenced by these artisits is Beachwood Sparks. Im a bit shy towards country music and groups like Mojave 3 and the Byrds are probably the closest I get to that genre. That's not to say I might like it in future - thanks for your suggestions, I will check these guys out for sure :)

This is the box I got: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Byrds_%28box_set%29

I assume you have heard some of Eagles stuff? Especially GH Vol one and Hotel California.

Green Destiny

Quote from: George on December 13, 2014, 06:45:37 PM
This is the box I got: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Byrds_%28box_set%29

I assume you have heard some of Eagles stuff? Especially GH Vol one and Hotel California.

That looks like a great box! - I didn't see that one when I was looking this morning :(. I have 2 Eagles songs in my library - Hotel California and Desperado (In my defence I am a pretty big Seinfeld fan).
I haven't heard any full albums by the Eagles yet - I really like the Don Henley song Boys Of Summer too :)

George

Quote from: Green Destiny on December 13, 2014, 06:52:00 PM
That looks like a great box! - I didn't see that one when I was looking this morning :(. I have 2 Eagles songs in my library - Hotel California and Desperado (In my defence I am a pretty big Seinfeld fan).

;D :D ;D

I am a big Eagles fan. Their Greatest Hits vol 1 and Hotel California are two of my all time favorite albums.

Henk

Quote from: Green Destiny on December 13, 2014, 12:51:18 PM
Hey Henk - I think you might have misunderstood me. When I said your post mde me smile I thought you were making a joke and I was just commenting that I thought it was funny.
I assure you im not a bad guy :)

Ok. Even the Britain folks on this forum have never heard of Landor. Bizarre. Brian, you should.. read his works!

Green Destiny

Got quite a few records over the last couple of days - Im feeling a bit lazy and cant be bothered to post them all but here are some of the big ones :):

John Lennon box-set:

Radio Birdman box-set:

Spiderbait box-set:

boxsetitis! ;D

Green Destiny

Quote from: Henk on December 14, 2014, 03:03:04 AM
Ok. Even the Britain folks on this forum have never heard of Landor. Bizarre. Brian, you should.. read his works!

Cool 8) - I have not actually read a book in quite a few years!. Listening to music is the only hobby I have time for at the moment. I will keep Landor's name in mind for future reference :)