Today's Purchases (Non-classical)

Started by MN Dave, February 07, 2008, 10:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

71 dB

ARROWFILMS has Shocktober sale:
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

71 dB

The rest:

Promotional discount code "HAPPYCAMPER" -10 % for orders over £30.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: 71 dB on October 15, 2020, 02:12:22 AM
ARROWFILMS has Shocktober sale:
I remember Burnt Offerings...with Karen Black if I'm remembering correctly?  Hope that you enjoy it!
Pohjolas Daughter

71 dB

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on October 16, 2020, 01:11:33 PM
I remember Burnt Offerings...with Karen Black if I'm remembering correctly?  Hope that you enjoy it!

Thanks! Yes, Karen Black is in it. The trailer looked interesting, so I added it to my order.

Mirror Image

I have bought A LOT of graphic novels since my last hiatus. Here are a few highlights:

71 dB

:)  New Autechre CDs from Bleep.com:

Autechre - Plus - 12 €
Autechre - Sign - 12 €

Shipping 5,32 €
Order total 29,32 €

Mirror Image

Some recent graphic novel purchases:

This will be my fourth version of Watchmen, I also own the Absolute Edition, Collector's Edition and Deluxe Edition. I think I'm good now. ;)

I already owned the Absolute Edition of V For Vendetta, but it'll be nice to have the small, hardback of it as well.

71 dB

Eastgate Shop Black Friday Sale (2 CDs for 20 euros):

Tangerine Dream - The Sessions VI
EFMD - Klangtraube

Shipping 6,73 euros.

Pohjolas Daughter

Picked up some non-classical CDs today along with some classical:

Peter Gabriel:  Us
Roy Orbison:  Mystery Girl
*Don Henley:  The End of the Innocence
Steve Winwood:  Back in the High Life
The English Beat:  What is Beat?
Bruce Springsteen:  Born to Run

* A bit of a boo boo here:  Was trying to remember whether or not I had this one on CD; turns out I did.  It's the LP format that I didn't/don't own.  For what its worth, the LP version of his Building the Perfect Beast is phenomenal!  I love the songs and the recording of it and the pressing (even on an inexpensive used copy) are wonderful!  I'll try and find a friend to pass it on to.  :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

George

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on March 21, 2021, 01:05:57 PM
Picked up some non-classical CDs today along with some classical:

Peter Gabriel:  Us
Roy Orbison:  Mystery Girl
*Don Henley:  The End of the Innocence
Steve Winwood:  Back in the High Life
The English Beat:  What is Beat?
Bruce Springsteen:  Born to Run

* A bit of a boo boo here:  Was trying to remember whether or not I had this one on CD; turns out I did.  It's the LP format that I didn't/don't own.  For what its worth, the LP version of his Building the Perfect Beast is phenomenal!  I love the songs and the recording of it and the pressing (even on an inexpensive used copy) are wonderful!  I'll try and find a friend to pass it on to.  :)

PD

Us is a beautifully moving album.

Back in the high life has a great, uplifting message and the sound on the original mastering is superb!
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Carlo Gesualdo

I purchased this just yesterday, GODFLESH NEW FLESH in dub vol. 1, it's really good, what is Dub, don't have a clue remix, rehashed song, this release is new and very good not just for GODFLESH long time fan but noobs should dig it, it loud , guitar and bass laden, groovy, eclectic art rock/industrial/metal.

Really nice mister Justin Broadrick & Benny Green, quite inventive, real like it a lot, but when it's godflesh i am so bias , so make your own mind about it, listen to it buy it.

Have a nice day folks

Carlo Gesualdo

I just received my SKIN LIMIT SHOW  ''wound freeze'' from Austria Lethal label love it, very  in you're face ,  make ministry sound like you're 14 yrs old gothic sister  discovering industrial, SKIN LIMIT SHOW is the real deal Wound Freeze is super!!!
:P

71 dB

The Blu-ray of my BIG JPC.de order:

[asin]B003UF5WGE[/asin] [asin]B008TMTQX8[/asin]

Karl Henning

Gerald Casale of Devo on Phil & Ted's Sexy Boomer Show Part 1

Gerald Casale of Devo on Phil & Ted's Sexy Boomer Show Part 2
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Spotted Horses

My main personal-use laptop, a 13" MacBook Pro, is turning 9 years old. Still works just fine, but I feel like treating myself with something more up-to-date. Placed an order for the just-released 14" MacBook Pro, after being tempted by a black-friday/cyber-monday deal offering $200 off the base model.

I've been waiting for this product. Last years MacBooks with the M1 processor dispensed with some "obsolete" features (that many people don't consider obsolete) in the quest for a thinner, lighter configuration. This year Apple took note of criticism and the new MacBook models restore the MagSafe power connector, SD card reader, HDMI connector. More computing power than I need (I won't be using the advanced video processing) but a gorgeous, very high resolution display will be a big plus when looking at my photographs.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Spotted Horses on November 30, 2021, 06:25:56 AM
My main personal-use laptop, a 13" MacBook Pro, is turning 9 years old. Still works just fine, but I feel like treating myself with something more up-to-date. Placed an order for the just-released 14" MacBook Pro, after being tempted by a black-friday/cyber-monday deal offering $200 off the base model.

I've been waiting for this product. Last years MacBooks with the M1 processor dispensed with some "obsolete" features (that many people don't consider obsolete) in the quest for a thinner, lighter configuration. This year Apple took note of criticism and the new MacBook models restore the MagSafe power connector, SD card reader, HDMI connector. More computing power than I need (I won't be using the advanced video processing) but a gorgeous, very high resolution display will be a big plus when looking at my photographs.
Nice deal!  Question:  are they still no longer including a DVD/CD drive?  And if so, are the external ones still for sale?  Would love to have the higher resolution, etc. of a new one.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Spotted Horses

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on November 30, 2021, 06:39:58 AM
Nice deal!  Question:  are they still no longer including a DVD/CD drive?  And if so, are the external ones still for sale?  Would love to have the higher resolution, etc. of a new one.

PD

I think that even in 2013 when I got my old MacBook the optical drives had been entirely phased out. I vaguely remember the MacBook I got around 1996 had one. I'm not sure if Apple still sells overpriced external CD/DVD drives, but I have an USB CD/DVD drive from ASUS that costs $30 and works beautifully with Macs or PCs. I can't remember when I've used an optical drive to do anything but rip a CD, DVD or BluRay disc to my hard disk.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Mirror Image

Quote from: Spotted Horses on November 30, 2021, 06:25:56 AM

What is the size of the hard drive? I wouldn't buy anything less than 2 TB nowadays.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Spotted Horses on November 30, 2021, 06:46:02 AM
I think that even in 2013 when I got my old MacBook the optical drives had been entirely phased out. I vaguely remember the MacBook I got around 1996 had one. I'm not sure if Apple still sells overpriced external CD/DVD drives, but I have an USB CD/DVD drive from ASUS that costs $30 and works beautifully with Macs or PCs. I can't remember when I've used an optical drive to do anything but rip a CD, DVD or BluRay disc to my hard disk.
I suspected as much.  I sometimes like to watch DVDs on my iMac (also "vintage").  Will keep ASUS in mind.  :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Mirror Image

I use an older 2012 Apple Macbook Pro, here are stats on it:

Processor: 2.5 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Storage: 2 TB
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

I have the HDMI output going into a 32" Samsung TV. I use an Apple Magic Keyboard and Apple Magic Mouse 2 (no batteries --- thank God!!!). My laptop stays closed and is docked with a fan on the desk beside my main one.