Today's Purchases (Non-classical)

Started by MN Dave, February 07, 2008, 10:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kullervo

Paperbacks:

Darwin - Voyage of the Beagle
Dostoevsky - The Devils
Plato - Last Days of Socrates
Zola - Nana, the Miller's Daughter, etc.

mn dave

When you run out of Beatles albums to purchase, there is always Badfinger.

MAGIC CHRISTIAN MUSIC
NO DICE
BADFINGER...all on order.

Also:

Jellyfish: SPILT MILK

Same kind of thing. Pop-rock goodness.  0:)

rockerreds

71 dB

Tangerine Dream - Jeanne D'Arc - £5.92 delivered
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

karlhenning

George

Kullervo

Old "remaindered" books:

Selected Poetry and Prose of William Blake (50's Modern Library edition)
Camus - The Plague (70s Vintage)

My recent rereading of Mann's Faustus, with Leverkühn's songs with texts by Blake and the description of the poems made me realize I know next to nothing about him, other than what I was force-fed (and promptly forgot) in High School, and indeed, that I really need to catch up on English language poetry (other than Shakespeare) in general.

As for Camus, I read The Stranger a few years ago, but it made little impression. I think I was led to it by a line in a Magnetic Fields song.  ::)

Renfield

Quote from: Corey on June 08, 2008, 06:45:43 PM
As for Camus, I read The Stranger a few years ago, but it made little impression.

Interesting a thing to hear. :)

Solitary Wanderer

Sheepskin slippers.

Fortunately there are two of them  :)
'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

mn dave

Quote from: Corey on June 08, 2008, 06:45:43 PM
As for Camus, I read The Stranger a few years ago, but it made little impression. I think I was led to it by a line in a Magnetic Fields song.  ::)

Or perhaps "Killing an Arab" by the Cure.  ;D

karlhenning

The Essential Songs of Andrew Lloyd Webber

Lyrics by Sting

Chicken Soup for the American Idol Soul

(j/k, on all three)

George

Released this week:

CD 2 on both is chock full of demos, BBC performances and other rarities.

Lethevich

Hehe, I thought that "Deluxe" went out of fashion in the late 80s when it started getting added to camper vans :D I guess it's making a comeback...
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

George

Quote from: Lethe on June 11, 2008, 06:35:41 PM
Hehe, I thought that "Deluxe" went out of fashion in the late 80s when it started getting added to camper vans :D I guess it's making a comeback...

Yeah I hadn't heard of them until recently. I only other DE release I have is The Allman Brothers and I haven't even cracked the cellophane on that one yet.

karlhenning

A 4GB Sansa Fuze player.

A friend (in Texas, in fact) had bought the 'previous generation' Sansa player;  so I drew frank benefit from his research before his purchase, and from his satisfaction since purchasing.

George

To mark my CD-Rs. I have heard that Sharpies can damage CDs over time. If there is any truth to it, I don't want my CDs ruined.