Today's Purchases (Non-classical)

Started by MN Dave, February 07, 2008, 10:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Dread

Quote from: DavidRoss on March 18, 2009, 09:17:41 AM
Keep going.  The character development and sociopolitical implications of the plot kept it interesting through the first 3 seasons.  The first part of the fourth was a bit of a let down for me, but I'm still looking forward to the final half season.

Yeah, we just ordered 2.0 and 2.5 from the sale.

George

Quote from: Mn Dave on March 18, 2009, 09:18:58 AM
Yeah, we just ordered 2.0 and 2.5 from the sale.

Can you post the title of that, as I can't see the image, nor can I link to it. Damn work computer!!

Dr. Dread

Quote from: George on March 18, 2009, 10:12:43 AM
Can you post the title of that, as I can't see the image, nor can I link to it. Damn work computer!!

Battlestar Galactica TV series.

Bogey

Quote from: Mn Dave on March 07, 2009, 02:36:28 PM

This is my next Net-Flix tv run.  It should start around the end of this summer.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Bogey

Quote from: O Mensch on February 07, 2008, 01:59:22 PM
This:

Borrowed this from Netflix and was so hooked I decided I had to have it. Not quite on the level of Planet Earth, but for an avid birdwatcher like myself an absolute must. Just amazing footage.

Great series!
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Haffner

Sphere (Hoffman, Stone, Jackson)

Too long, and some of the settings look pretty lame, but the story can be pretty darn interesting.

Dr. Dread

Quote from: AndyD. on March 18, 2009, 04:35:10 PM
Sphere (Hoffman, Stone, Jackson)

Too long, and some of the settings look pretty lame, but the story can be pretty darn interesting.

Based on the novel by Michael Crichton.

Haffner

Quote from: Mn Dave on March 18, 2009, 04:44:40 PM
Based on the novel by Michael Crichton.

I thought the book was better.

Dr. Dread

Bogey

Quote from: Mn Dave on March 18, 2009, 05:34:06 PM
Usually the case.

Neither grabbed me.  I know Crichton. was very popular, but I did not care for any books I started, including Sphere.  Now, this is not to say I snub "popular" authors.  In fact, Dan Brown owns me. ;D

rockerreds

Haffner

Quote from: Bogey on March 18, 2009, 05:36:23 PM
Neither grabbed me.  I know Crichton. was very popular, but I did not care for any books I started, including Sphere.  Now, this is not to say I snub "popular" authors.  In fact, Dan Brown owns me. ;D

Ever read Jurassic Park? Gets pretty darn cool at times!

Bogey

Quote from: AndyD. on March 19, 2009, 09:51:17 AM

Ever read Jurassic Park? Gets pretty darn cool at times!

Some neat parts, but never got into it.

rockerreds

Mancini Plays Mancini(Reader's Digest/RCA vinyl-still sealed!)

Bogey

Quote from: rockerreds on March 21, 2009, 01:44:04 PM
Mancini Plays Mancini(Reader's Digest/RCA vinyl-still sealed!)

Love that Mancini sound.

rockerreds

Quote from: Bogey on March 21, 2009, 02:01:55 PM
Love that Mancini sound.
When I saw R.E.M. in 1984 they encored with "Moon River" acapella on a dark stage.

Dr. Dread

Sold some CDs at Half Price Books and picked up this hardcover (used/like new) for $7.

George