Today's Purchases (Non-classical)

Started by MN Dave, February 07, 2008, 10:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conor71

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on March 08, 2010, 11:14:13 AM
I like my Sansa Fuze, but that is certainly a temptation . . . .
Those Sansa MP3 players look awesome! - I like the way you can use the SD card to expand its memory, certainly a nice player from what I have read :).

Bogey

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on March 08, 2010, 11:14:13 AM
I like my Sansa Fuze, but that is certainly a temptation . . . .

I enjoy mine as well, Karl.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Sergeant Rock

From Amazon today: the Jim Jarmusch Collection, all his films except Broken Flowers (which I already own).

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Franco

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on March 18, 2010, 07:01:53 AM
From Amazon today: the Jim Jarmusch Collection, all his films except Broken Flowers (which I already own).

Sarge

Fantastic!  I might have to splurge since most of those films were very important to me back when they first came out.

Thanks for alerting us to this collection.

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Franco on March 18, 2010, 07:05:20 AM
Fantastic!  I might have to splurge

I don't know how much it costs in the States but Amazon DE is selling it for €48...or €5.33 a movie! Amazing bargain. No splurging necessary  ;D

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

karlhenning

Impulse purchase yestereven, $20 all in:

MN Dave

DavidW

Bob Dylan's Highway 61 Revisited

Simon and Garfunkel's Bridge Over Troubled Water

and last but not least Dream Theater's Live at Budokan

:)  And I bought them at a local store so I already have them. ;D

George

Quote from: DavidW on March 27, 2010, 12:10:05 PM
Bob Dylan's Highway 61 Revisited

A stone cold classic! Do you have the one before that, Bringing it all Back Home? I love that one too.

Me:

DavidW

Quote from: George on March 27, 2010, 05:13:25 PM
A stone cold classic! Do you have the one before that, Bringing it all Back Home? I love that one too.

No I don't have that one, I'll put it on my to buy list. :)

George

Quote from: DavidW on March 27, 2010, 07:18:03 PM
No I don't have that one, I'll put it on my to buy list. :)

I have a sealed backup copy of that CD. That's how much I love it.  8)

Bogey

Quote from: DavidW on March 27, 2010, 12:10:05 PM

Simon and Garfunkel's Bridge Over Troubled Water

....and speaking of Simon.  S&G is one of the few that I would not mind having everything they made on vinyl and cd, David.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

George

Quote from: Bogey on March 27, 2010, 07:41:36 PM
....and speaking of Simon.  S&G is one of the few that I would not mind having everything they made on vinyl and cd, David.

Is that a birthday hint?  ;D 

(I know it's coming up, right?)

DavidW

Quote from: George on March 27, 2010, 07:43:29 PM
Is that a birthday hint?  ;D 

(I know it's coming up, right?)

Yeah Bill's like wink wink nudge nudge ;D

Bogey

Bogey

Oh, and did I mention I want all their vinyl in the stereo format, and where possible in mono. 8)

George

Quote from: Bogey on March 27, 2010, 08:08:03 PM
Oh, and did I mention I want all their vinyl in the stereo format, and where possible in mono. 8)

Knew you would.  :D

Bogey

George

Quote from: Bogey on March 27, 2010, 08:46:11 PM
Case in point of mono S&G, though an extreme example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SIMON-GARFUNKEL-BOOKENDS-1968-US-MONO-LP-with-POSTER_W0QQitemZ270509349680QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?hash=item3efb9d1b30

Check this out: http://pbthal.blogspot.com/search/label/Simon%20And%20Garfunkel

I know it's not going to be quite the same, but close I imagine. And free.  8)

Lots of other goodies if you check the index at right. The guy does superb work.

Brian

eMusic told me that if I renewed my subscription for $12, I would get 75 free downloads this month. So I cashed in, they gave me 75+24=99 downloads, and I spent them up getting myself an oldies collection. I didn't really have any "oldies" at all, except the Beatles, some Simon & Garfunkel, and the Turtles, so here was my haul - mixed in with some distinctly non-oldie things:

Simon and Garfunkel: Sounds of Silence (original version), Homeward Bound (I only have the live), Flowers Bend in the Rainfall
The Isley Brothers: Shout!
Little Richard: Tutti Frutti, Long Tall Sally, Good Golly Miss Molly, Slippin' and Slidin', Lucille, Ooh! My Soul, By the Light of the Silvery Moon
Lloyd Price: Personality
The Coasters: Searchin', Yakity Yak
The Platters: My Prayer
The Tokens: La Bamba
Buddy Holly: I'm Looking for Someone to Love, Lonesome Tears, That'll Be the Day
Ben E. King: Save the Last Dance for Me, This Magic Moment, Don't Play that Song, Stand By Me, Seven Letters
Chuck Berry: Johnny B. Goode, Roll Over Beethoven, Maybelline, Route 66
Roy Orbison: Only the Lonely, Pretty Woman
Lee Dorsey: People Sure Act Funny, Ya-Ya, A Lover Was Born, Can You Hear Me, Holy Cow, Messed Around, Working in a Coal Mine
Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings: Naturally
Paul McCartney (from Good Evening New York City, live in 2009): Live and Let Die, Highway, Dance Tonight, I Saw Her Standing There
Gogol Bordello: Gypsy Punks
Professor Longhair: Big Easy Strut
Two tracks from the Black Dynamite soundtrack (George  ;) one was "Jimmy's Dead")

Also:
Rimsky-Korsakov: Opera Suites (Russian National Orchestra, Mikhail Pletnev)
Ives/Schuman: Variations on America (Seattle SO, Gerard Schwarz)

Now, here's the deal. I have three track downloads left. What should the last three songs in my haul be?