Today's Purchases (Non-classical)

Started by MN Dave, February 07, 2008, 10:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidW

Quote from: Bogey on October 12, 2010, 08:57:56 PM
Ah, man!  We watched the first two episodes and are awaiting the last episode.....great stuff....stark, but great.  Did you follow the Inspector Lewis series prior to this one on Mystery, David?

Only caught the last episode Bill. :)  Didn't have PBS before. ;D  The episode I saw was better than the series 1 episodes I've seen.

Conor71

Made my first order of non-classical music in a few years!.

Sergeant Rock

In the mail today, D.A.F CDs. D.A.F (Deutsch-Amerikanische Freundshaft) was a punk/NDW group (NDW=Neue Deutsche Welle, the German counterpart to New Wave). In this duo incarnation it was similiar to New York's Suicide: a singer and a drummer (in the case of D.A.F, real drums not drum machines), the music played by synthesizers. I saw them once live (in 1982), and it was one of the most intense shows I've ever seen: primal music; and a crowd that was really into it The nihilistic screams of a thousand German punks and skinheads at the chorus of Kebabträume (Deutschland, Deutschland, alles ist vorbei) and the synchronous pogoing of two thousand pounding feet during Der Mussolini, threatening the structual integrity of the third floor concert hall, was manic and chilling (I could actually feel the building vibrating). Exhilarating experience

The albums:

Alles is gut

Gold und Liebe

Für immer

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Bogey

Quote from: DavidW on October 13, 2010, 06:21:57 AM
Only caught the last episode Bill. :)  Didn't have PBS before. ;D  The episode I saw was better than the series 1 episodes I've seen.

We are also looking forward to the Sherlock series that follows.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

DavidW

Quote from: Bogey on October 15, 2010, 03:08:20 AM

We are also looking forward to the Sherlock series that follows.

Same here!  Hasn't been new Sherlock in a long time. :)

Conor71

The new erato

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on October 14, 2010, 05:20:50 AMDer Mussolini, threatening the structual integrity of the third floor concert hall, was manic and chilling (I could actually feel the building vibrating).

Sarge

Your mention of Mussolini reminded me that I recently have bought Allo Allo season 5; officer Crabtree in his hilarious english-french accent there talks about Misselooney. A wonderful series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=960UYL3Vue8

karlhenning

Had a couple of coupons, fetched this in for $29, all in:

Conor71

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: erato on October 20, 2010, 06:22:50 AM
Your mention of Mussolini reminded me that I recently have bought Allo Allo season 5; officer Crabtree in his hilarious english-french accent there talks about Misselooney. A wonderful series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=960UYL3Vue8

I've been enjoying Dad's Army and Goodnight, Sweetheart, two other BBC sitcoms set in WWII. I should get Allo Allo.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Mirror Image

Quote from: Conor71 on October 28, 2010, 01:32:38 AM

Conor come back to classical music we need you! You have so many composers you haven't even explored yet! :)

Conor71

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 28, 2010, 08:16:22 PM

Conor come back to classical music we need you! You have so many composers you haven't even explored yet! :)
:D, yes there is still a lot more Classical I want to explore for sure! :) - To keep things interesting I have been re-visiting my non-classical music a bit lately too and have made quite a few new purchases as you can see!.

George

Quote from: Conor71 on October 29, 2010, 08:07:13 PM

I love the film.  8)

I recently got The Boy with the Arab Strap and If You're Feeling Sinister. Great albums!  :)

Conor71

Quote from: George on October 29, 2010, 08:30:11 PM
I love the film.  8)

I recently got The Boy with the Arab Strap and If You're Feeling Sinister. Great albums!  :)
Nice, I was just listening to Boy with the Arab Strap this morning! :) - I still havent seen Storytelling the film yet, I will be sure to check it out though.