Today's Purchases (Non-classical)

Started by MN Dave, February 07, 2008, 10:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George

MN Dave

I have a lot of this already, but some of it is on mp3 files and I want these classics on CD.

AndyD.

Had to get the reissues.
http://andydigelsomina.blogspot.com/

My rockin' Metal wife:

Lethevich

It bugs me that the latest EMI remasters of Iron Maiden have such crappy bonuses (some obscelete quality video clips). The previous ones issued on Castle each came with a bonus disc of extra goodies :(

Also, I picked up secondhand:

The latter looks so wonderfully appropriate in its mangled resolution on Amazon, but sadly the actual cover is crisp and perfect :(
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

karlhenning

Quote from: Lethe on December 16, 2010, 08:10:56 AM
The latter looks so wonderfully appropriate in its mangled resolution on Amazon, but sadly the actual cover is crisp and perfect :(

Hold it at arm's length : )

The new erato

Quote from: Lethe on December 16, 2010, 08:10:56 AM
Also, I picked up secondhand:

Reminds me that I visited Monet's garden in Giverny in full flower this summer (June).

I received this today:

Jasper Morris: Inside Burgundy, 665 pp with profiles of over 1000 wineyards.

MN Dave

Now George will swing in here and let me know how bad the sound is on this.  :'(

MN Dave

Bogey

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Mirror Image

Bought two Milt Jackson recordings I didn't own:

karlhenning

AndyD.

It's an Iron Maiden New Year!
http://andydigelsomina.blogspot.com/

My rockin' Metal wife:

Lethevich

I've had my eye on this for several years, but its second-hand price infrequently drops below £30. However I found it for £3.50 two days ago and have just gotten shipping confirmation, yay!

karlhenning

Quote from: Lethe on January 03, 2011, 08:02:04 PM

I've had my eye on this for several years, but its second-hand price infrequently drops below £30. However I found it for £3.50 two days ago and have just gotten shipping confirmation, yay!

Excellent!

Henk

Quote from: Lethe on January 03, 2011, 08:02:04 PM

Lethe, I see you have a new avatar. Is that Bax?

karlhenning

Just landed:

Oliver Nelson Sextet – The Blues & The Abstract Truth

The Sextet actually has seven players listed:

Oliver Nelson, alto & tenor saxophone
Eric Dolphy, alto saxophone & flute
Freddie Hubbard, trumpet
George Barrow, baritone saxophone
Bill Evans, piano
Paul Chambers, bass
Roy Haynes, drums

My story with this album is, that there is a sweet instrumental track on the Broadway the Hard Way CD from Zappa's 1988 tour, "Stolen Moments." It is only this year (well, late last year, now) that — as a result of this disc appearing at the museum shop — I learned (a) where it came from (and no surprise, Eric Dolphy being one of the names on Zappa's Freak Out! list) and (b) how true the 1988 band kept to the sound of the Ur-text.

Yes, the whole album is worth repeat listens.

Lethevich

Quote from: Henk on January 04, 2011, 03:42:56 AM
Lethe, I see you have a new avatar. Is that Bax?
It's an unusually happy Shostakovich. I don't listen to his music often, but I like the picture.