Today's Purchases (Non-classical)

Started by MN Dave, February 07, 2008, 10:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lethevich

Some fish bone tweezers.

I can't believe that these things can sell upwards of £40, as if designer ones would work better...  :-X
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

DavidW

Arcade Fire Suburbs.

[asin]B003O85W3A[/asin]

The Diner

Yesterday:

Faust - SOMETHING DIRTY

Conor71

DavidW

Quote from: Conor71 on April 18, 2011, 03:29:49 PM
Nice!!  :D - how are you enjoying it David?

Fantastic!  I love it from the first listen.  Every song enjoyable, memorable, unique and all the lyrics meaningful.  It's about time I bought one of their albums! :)

DavidW

My new favorite band (Arcade Fire). :)

[asin]B000MGUZM0[/asin]

Lethevich

.[asin]0300074190[/asin]

Finally found a copy around £20 after waiting for a few years for it to drop. Cheapness wins out again :P
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

The new erato

[asin]B004CDSTZY[/asin]

[asin]B004TX3S44[/asin]

The last is a set of rematered versions of two of the best albums of the 70-ies (I have the originals of course)+ a disc of early versions, outtakes etc.

DavidW

I've been tired of iems for the better part of a year now... so finally got this (akg k430 portable headphones):

[asin]B0028N78BG[/asin]

Also that usb headphone amp I bought a few months ago is awful, a week ago I bought this for a 1/3 of the price and it is AWESOME!  No noise floor, optical out as well as headphone out, stereo out and in, it's great, I use it to connect my laptop to my hifi.

[asin]B0023BYDHK[/asin]

Bogey

Quote from: listener on April 09, 2011, 08:32:02 PM
The 9-disc DVD set of  the complete (more or less) Harold Lloyd features and shorts at 13.99 (pounds) minus VAT as it's going overseas.  PAL edition.
[asin]B000N3T2DA[/asin]

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Sergeant Rock

Emmylou Harris' new album Hard Bargain has been released. It's getting mixed reviews in the Emmylou forums but she's one of the few "popular" artists I buy automatically. She seldom disappoints.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Papy Oli

Bought a new headphone amp last Saturday.

Graham Slee's Solo Utra Linear

Not even burnt it and yet taking my HD650 to another level. Absolutely lush, smooth, detailed  :D

Happily rediscovering my CDs right now  ;D
Olivier

Bogey

Quote from: Mn Dave on May 19, 2011, 11:34:46 AM
I bought this for my father-in-law who's Mr. WWII Guy.

http://www.amazon.com/Second-World-War-Six-Boxed/dp/039541685X/ref=cm_lmf_tit_8

I have considered that set many times.  Browsed the first one and Churchill seems to be a good writer.  Is that something you would read straight through, Dave?
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Mn Dave

Quote from: Bogey on May 22, 2011, 03:07:09 PM
I have considered that set many times.  Browsed the first one and Churchill seems to be a good writer.  Is that something you would read straight through, Dave?

Me? No. I'm not really WWII guy. :)

Mn Dave

[asin]0826429726[/asin]
[asin]0553288202[/asin]
[asin]B000H5VF2U[/asin]

Conor71

Purchased as a d/l today - I have'nt heard this one since i was a lad, should be interesting to revisit! :).