Today's Purchases (Non-classical)

Started by MN Dave, February 07, 2008, 10:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conor71

Quote from: Mirror Image on June 24, 2011, 08:58:19 PM
Excellent choice! :)

Thanks and cheers for recommending it :) - I enjoyed the Album a lot and will definetely be returning to it over the next few weeks (have been getting back into Peter Gabriels music again)!

Mirror Image

Quote from: mooyai on June 24, 2011, 10:08:40 PM

Thanks and cheers for recommending it :) - I enjoyed the Album a lot and will definetely be returning to it over the next few weeks (have been getting back into Peter Gabriels music again)!

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Conor. It is, indeed, a great album.

DavidW

Bargain buys at local Hastings:

Don't Fear the Reaper Blue Oyster Cult, compilation album of some goodies, this specific album doesn't match any amazon listing so no pictures.

Some Cream:
[asin]B0000067L2[/asin]

Some Simon & Garfunkel:
[asin]B00005NKKX[/asin]

:)

Bogey

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

George

Quote from: DavidW on June 27, 2011, 02:12:03 PM
Good to hear! :)

I prefer Peter Griffin's version; Parsley Sage, Rosemary and Lowry's Seasoning Salt.  ;D
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

DavidW

Quote from: George on June 27, 2011, 02:14:51 PM
I prefer Peter Griffin's version; Parsley Sage, Rosemary and Lowry's Seasoning Salt.  ;D

jeje ;D

karlhenning

Lucked out largely by chance . . . stepped into a brick-&-mortar shop (and I was actually looking for something else), happened to pull from the shelf Columbo Season 1 to have a look, normal price $39.99, stickered for sale at $29.99 . . . same for Season 2.  Decided to buy; and when the cashier scanned them at the register, they both priced at $19.99.

DavidW

Landed yesterday Lord of the Rings, Extended Edition on Blu-Ray

[asin]B0026L7H20[/asin]

My impressions so far are that the extended and new scenes (as compared to the theatrical edition on bd) look as good as the rest of the scenes.  In Fellowship, some of the scenes are amazingly sharp (like the intro with Sauron on the battlefield) and some look upconverted dvd soft (like Gandalf talking privately to Frodo at Rivendell).  Overall though better picture quality than the theatrical release, and the extra scenes don't stand out pq wise (unlike say Alien 3).

karlhenning

I should watch that at some point . . . .

Meanwhile . . . I found Season 4 of Columbo at the same shop for $19.99.

Not sure I need the entire series . . . .

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on June 29, 2011, 10:05:05 AM
I should watch that at some point . . . .

Meanwhile . . . I found Season 4 of Columbo at the same shop for $19.99.

Not sure I need the entire series . . . .

Re-aired a 1995 Fresh Air interview with Falk on NPR the other day...great stuff. Have you ever seen the German film Wings of Desire? Falk is great in that film.

karlhenning

I don't think I have, Greg.  Was talking about The In-Laws with my brother on the phone earlier today.

Conor71

Purchased this one as a download today - I used to own it on LP :)

AllegroVivace

Bought the score of Shostakovich's 10th symphony from a local music store. Cost me over $60 dollars. But the study is going to be well worth it.

I hope IMSLP soon gets free scores by Shostakovitch. !4 more symphonies is going to cost me an arm and a leg.
Richard

George

We know where Conor was last night ... under the milky way...  ;)

Conor71

George

Quote from: Conor71 on July 16, 2011, 05:30:57 AM

;D

As much as I love their big hit single, I never bothered to get an album. Let me know if any of them rise to the level of that song?