Today's Purchases (Non-classical)

Started by MN Dave, February 07, 2008, 10:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirror Image

Quote from: Conor71 on November 12, 2011, 01:26:42 PM
Added the following Albums to my Library :):

Pounds the table! Awesome, Conor. Those are fantastic recordings.

The new erato

I've got Victorialand on an LP somewhere.

Some ordering:

[asin]B000QUCPVG[/asin]
[asin]B0000C436X[/asin]
[asin]B0018CU8O2[/asin]
[asin]B001R4METS[/asin]

Conor71

Added these to my Library today - I think Ataraxia will approve! :)

Ataraxia

Quote from: The new erato on November 13, 2011, 01:36:52 AM
I've got Victorialand on an LP somewhere.

Some ordering:

[asin]B000QUCPVG[/asin]

8)

Ataraxia

Ataraxia

Lethevich

.[asin]0099511436[/asin] [asin]1853262552[/asin]
It's remarkable how much power personalities can have - I almost didn't buy the first book because of my dislike of the smug guy who wrote the intro. But apparently this translation is much better than the Penguin one, so I'll just try not to read that part. The Trollope I will probably not even finish, but it still feels essential for me to possess. Idk why -_-
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Mirror Image

Purchased today:

Finally! I won't start playing until tomorrow. Finally beat Batman: Arkham City. What a cool, and fun, game.

Conor71

Ataraxia

Bwahaha! Got these $100 headphones for 20 bucks because they were mis-priced at Costco. Sound good!!
[asin]B003BYRGKY[/asin]

Karl Henning

Landed last night:  a 22-inch Philips LED &c. TV . . . I think I like it.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

TheGSMoeller

My only Cyber-Monday purchase, was on sale at Amazon for $5.99 for the blue-ray. Very lighthearted, adventurous, touching and clever. Not normally my cup of tea when it comes to films, but enjoyed it much. Based on Neil Gaimen's story of the same name.

[asin]B001AQR3IU[/asin]

Mirror Image

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on November 29, 2011, 09:16:15 AM
My only Cyber-Monday purchase, was on sale at Amazon for $5.99 for the blue-ray. Very lighthearted, adventurous, touching and clever. Not normally my cup of tea when it comes to films, but enjoyed it much. Based on Neil Gaimen's story of the same name.

[asin]B001AQR3IU[/asin]

Looks interesting, Greg. I'm a fan of Gaiman's writing, so this should be right up my alley.

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 29, 2011, 10:29:37 AM
Looks interesting, Greg. I'm a fan of Gaiman's writing, so this should be right up my alley.

If you can get past some of the casting possibly being slightly off, it's quite enjoyable. It's Mark Strong's first real strong role, and he's magnificent. But the score is lovely, and the story is original. Give it a try, John.

Mirror Image

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on November 29, 2011, 04:41:48 PM

If you can get past some of the casting possibly being slightly off, it's quite enjoyable. It's Mark Strong's first real strong role, and he's magnificent. But the score is lovely, and the story is original. Give it a try, John.

Will do, Greg. 8)

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on November 29, 2011, 04:41:48 PM

If you can get past some of the casting possibly being slightly off, it's quite enjoyable. It's Mark Strong's first real strong dominent role, and he's magnificent. But the score is lovely, and the story is original. Give it a try, John.

Fixed it, just realized I used "strong" twice.  ;D

Conor71

The Beach Boys: Pet Sounds

Wanted to buy this one for ages - this version has both the mono & stereo mixes of the Album and a bonus track!, should be a good listen :)

listener

Jonathan and Darlene Edwards:
Jonathan plays "Fats" (almost), Darlene remembers "Duke" (sometimes)
plus the four disco singles
- several retreads, but a few new-to-me tracks: Mood Indigo, Keeping out of Mischief Now, Black and Blue, Do Nothin' Til' You Hear from Me, I've Got a Feelin' I'm Fallin',  and Copacabana and Tie a Yellow Ribbon.
We are still any cuts from the album for abc/Westminster 'Moonlight on the Casbah' particularly.
Very much sui generis.
"Keep your hand on the throttle and your eye on the rail as you walk through life's pathway."

Mirror Image

Just bought the new Iona album, which finally has been released after waiting 5 years between albums. It's a 2-CD album:

Also bought another Iona studio album I was missing: