Wanted: Del Tredici, Final Alice (burned CD from LP)

Started by Chrone, January 02, 2008, 06:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrone

Hi everyone, I'm new here.

I bought my first CD player in January, 1984 from Q Audio in Cambridge, MA. I have been waiting ever since for the Barbara Hendricks recording of Del Tredici's Final Alice to be released on CD- one of my favorite works! I'm wondering if someone would burn me a CD from their LP, as my LP collection was lost to a flooded basement 15 years ago and as a result I don't even have a turntable any more! I normally would prefer to buy music through the usual channels  0:), but I've waited 24 years now and even the LP has been out of print for about as long, so I don't see any other way for me to ever hear the only piece I know of featuring a banjo, wind machine and theremin again but for the Kindness of Strangers.

I'll pay for postage, blank CD, etc.

Please email me: noren -at- neb.com

Thanks!

springrite

Oh, boy. You and I want the same thing. I still do not understand how and why the best selling classical LP recording of the year (was it 1977?) still has not made it to CD. I taped it off the radio in 1985 from KUSC, and thought it to be a magnificent work.

Wendell_E

I've been waiting for a CD release of this, as well.  Someone at another site points out that it'll be release on Decca's Austrailian Eloquence label in March.  The Austrailian website buywell.com (I've never used them, but the person who told me about the release has, and says they give excellent service) has it listed for US$ 8.09.  Shipping to the US adds another $6.95, but I'm sure we can easily find other goodies to make it a better bargain. 

http://www.buywell.com/cgi-bin/buywellic2/12556.html
"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ― Mark Twain

The new erato

Quote from: Wendell_E on February 19, 2008, 03:07:35 AM
I've been waiting for a CD release of this, as well.  Someone at another site points out that it'll be release on Decca's Austrailian Eloquence label in March.  The Austrailian website buywell.com (I've never used them, but the person who told me about the release has, and says they give excellent service) has it listed for US$ 8.09.  Shipping to the US adds another $6.95, but I'm sure we can easily find other goodies to make it a better bargain. 

http://www.buywell.com/cgi-bin/buywellic2/12556.html
That is great news. I've used them once (from Norway); no problems at all. Every once in a while I scan their site for new Eloquence releases, most of them seems to become available on mdt.co.uk after some time, which is more convenient for me.