Where are you on the political spectrum?

Started by Ephemerid, February 08, 2008, 10:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulb

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on February 08, 2008, 02:02:01 PM

Another political poll I took told me I should vote for my homeboy Kucinich. It looks like my best friend is right: I am a damn pinko  ;D

Sarge

thats a  beauty , smack dab, now thats a  bullseye!
Well you  log name certainly fits your rank Sarge- ent ..you'll make General rank with no problem :)

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: bwv 1080 on February 08, 2008, 12:10:28 PM
lemme ask you - have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water? 

;D :D ;D ...actually, no, General Ripper, I haven't.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

paulb

Quote from: knight on February 08, 2008, 02:07:52 PM

Pretty much where the site placed Gandi...and close to Palub.

EEEKKKK!

Mike

See that, though we may our differences, where the issues really count, we are comrades to the cause ;D

our charts are so close we might even pass off as brothers   :-\

david johnson

last time i took it, i was almost dead center.

dj

knight66

DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

paulb

Quote from: knight on February 08, 2008, 02:16:16 PM
Paulb, Like I said....EEEKKKK!  :o

Mike

yeah well you know who our party's theme composer is  don't you?

SCHNITTKE  ;D
I mean what other could express what we really believe?

knight66

Quote from: paulb on February 08, 2008, 02:19:39 PM

SCHNITTKE  ;D

Oh, I had to clean some of that up the other day...very messy.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

greg

QuoteWhen you are troubled, it's better not to think about it, but to keep busy with more cheerful things.
obviously, how else do you get untroubled?
i don't see a connection with politics though.....

QuoteAbstract art that doesn't represent anything shouldn't be considered art at all.
obviously strongly disagree here

Steve

Libertarian  ;)

longears

As if anyone gives a damn.
And as if these simplistic questions are really reliable indicators.
(In my case it seems pretty accurate.) 

ChamberNut

Gurn Blanston

And mine:

Does it seem odd somehow that so many of us are at similar places? Is it to do with the same force that brought us all here to start with?  ???

8)

----------------
Now playing:

Locatelli Opus 1 - Capella Istropolitana / Krecek - Locatelli Concerto Grosso #4 in e Op 1 4th mvmt
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

paulb

Possibly.
But there are others who are not as centered as you, Mike, Corey and a  few others.
We have some deep lefts, far rights.
Thank god for no authoritarians on this board. >:(  >:D

oh btw the survey missed a  question
the classical music industry in all its aspects is  healthy and vibrant

Super strongly disagree
Strongly disagree
Disagree
neutral/, don't know/don't care to know
Agree
Strongly agree
super strongly agree

There's more free speech with my survey ;D
You know where i stand, off the chart left.

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: paulb on February 08, 2008, 04:40:53 PM
Possibly.
But there are others who are not as centered as you, Mike, Corey and a  few others.
We have some deep lefts, far rights.
Thank god for no authoritarians on this board. >:(  >:D

Not as centered, perhaps, but I was looking more at that we are mainly in the green. To one degree or another. Of course, it would have been totally easy to put yourself in any quadrant you wanted, but what's the point taking the test if you aren't honest.

As for your question, nothing is healthy in all its aspects, so it is without an answer. Even your espousal of anarchy is distinctly unhealthy. Just look at you!   :P

----------------
Now playing:
String Quartets Op. 64 Nos. 1-3 - Caspar de Salo Quartet - Op 64 #2 String Quartet in b 4th mvmt - Finale: Presto
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

paulb

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on February 08, 2008, 05:02:10 PM
Not as centered, perhaps, but I was looking more at that we are mainly in the green. To one degree or another. Of course, it would have been totally easy to put yourself in any quadrant you wanted, but what's the point taking the test if you aren't honest.

As for your question, nothing is healthy in all its aspects, so it is without an answer. Even your espousal of anarchy is distinctly unhealthy. Just look at you!   :P

----------------
Now playing:
String Quartets Op. 64 Nos. 1-3 - Caspar de Salo Quartet - Op 64 #2 String Quartet in b 4th mvmt - Finale: Presto

Good points. But if you took each question as a  invitation to open , civil respectful discussion, the color green would quickly fade to the color say....grey's and mauve, meaning we all are going to differ to varying shades of color.But like i say knowing how things go around here at times on certain issues, green can just as easily turn to bloody reds.
Not that it has to be that way, but as you know too well  people will be people. Just look at the presidential race. :D

As to my anarchy streak. :-[   :-X Busted
Can I place at least a  tiny bit of the blame on the other side, that they made me what i am , please? ;D

jwinter

OK, the fact that we're almost all in the same bloody corner is really starting to freak me out...

It does seem pretty darn accurate for me, though....
The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils.
The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
And his affections dark as Erebus.
Let no such man be trusted.

-- William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

paulb

Yeah well keep in mind though we may all be very well capable of not only answering the questions w/o guessing , there are some people in america who might have a  hard time figuring out what the question is asking or what it means.
That sector of the population totally falls off the chart, into limbo land.
Those are the ones, the types that cast a   vote for.. :-X.. (presidential elections)I'm not going to say , as so far this has been a  fun topic and I want to keep it that way.

PSmith08

This isn't too far off what I would consider correct: fairly well left on most economic and some social issues, but with a strong law-and-order streak.

71 dB

I think I am politically more multidimensional than these tests. I support the greens, the most intellectual political party. I am mostly on the left but also on the right on same issues. Same with the Authoritarian/Libertarian axis.
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"