Great download deal at Classicsonline!

Started by Brian, February 14, 2008, 04:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

(copied from the Download thread so more people will see it!)

For the next 28 hours, Classicsonline have a download one album, get another album free sale. Usually the "choice selection" of free albums on offer is of middling quality, but this time it has some extraordinary discs indeed:

- Vanska's Beethoven. Beethoven Symphonies Nos. 1 and 6 - Minnesota Orchestra, Osmo Vanska - one of my favorite CDs of 2007 (see sig)
- From Roland Brautigam's fortepiano Beethoven cycle - sonatas 1-3, 19, and 20
- Scarlatti recital - Yevgeny Sudbin! - the debut CD of possibly the best young pianist around
- Elgar Violin Concerto with James Ehnes
- Arensky chamber music - Lajtha Quartet - Arensky's String Quartet No. 2 for violin, viola and two cellos is a forgotten masterpiece; please do download it!
- Sharon Bezaly in Mozart's flute quartets
- the Nash Ensemble's Brahms sextets

Be sure to cash in, folks. There is some really good stuff to be had for free - and if you have yet to hear Yevgeny Sudbin, now is the chance to do so. (The "buy one" part of the deal applies to any disc from the complete catalogs of Naxos, Marco Polo, Cedille, Hungaroton, Chandos, and Hanssler, and everything else on the Classicsonline site.) Link to their list of potential free downloads.

Holden

I have the Sudbin Scarlatti and all I can say is - get it!
Cheers

Holden