dipping your pen in company ink

Started by маразм1, February 19, 2008, 06:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

маразм1

What are everybody's thoughts about it?  ...especially after those lengthy sexual harassment lectures :)

d.

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: маразм1 on February 19, 2008, 06:06:13 AM
What are everybody's thoughts about it?  ...especially after those lengthy sexual harassment lectures :)

d.

It isn't so much the legal aspects that can cause the problems, although they certainly do append if your relative positions are unfavorable. It's more the discomfort of having to work alongside someone in the event of the inevitable breakup. Been there, done that. Don't want to do it again... :(

8)

----------------
Now playing:
BIBER : Violin Sonatas - Andrew Manze - (Praeludium)/Aria e Variatio/Finale - Sonata II
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

head-case

Quote from: маразм1 on February 19, 2008, 06:06:13 AM

d.

You're going for the GOB Bluth persona?

springrite

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on February 19, 2008, 06:36:28 AM
It isn't so much the legal aspects that can cause the problems, although they certainly do append if your relative positions are unfavorable. It's more the discomfort of having to work alongside someone in the event of the inevitable breakup. Been there, done that. Don't want to do it again... :(

My exact sentiment (and experience).

маразм1

Hmm, well I think it's kinda fun, if you keep it in complete secrecy.  And you're not really going to create any drama in the future.

springrite

knight66

Quote from: маразм1 on February 19, 2008, 07:02:11 AM
Hmm, well I think it's kinda fun, if you keep it in complete secrecy.  And you're not really going to create any drama in the future.

Perhaps you will not, but your quiescent squeeze may become a bean-spilling drama queen.

Mike

DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: knight on February 19, 2008, 08:20:47 AM
Perhaps you will not, but your quiescent squeeze may become a bean-spilling drama queen.

Mike

What HE said. You are only 50% of the equation... :)

8)

----------------
Now playing:
Telemann Fantasia for Violin - Andrew Manze - Telemann Fantasia #03 in f for Violin 
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

knight66

Mind you, it can work out. I went out with a work colleague; we were engaged within a month, married in three. That was over 30 years ago. But there was nothing clandestine about it; though our friends were convinced otherwise, as it all happened so quickly.

Mike

Mark

It can work, as Mike points out. I had a nine-year relationship on the back of a workplace hook-up. ;)

head-case

Quote from: Mark on February 20, 2008, 02:05:47 PM
It can work, as Mike points out. I had a nine-year relationship on the back of a workplace hook-up. ;)

Aren't you supposed to be on hiatus from this massive time sink?

knight66

Why Mark, how bona to vada your dolly old eek again!

Mike