What Jazz are you listening to now?

Started by Gurn Blanston, June 12, 2015, 06:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ando

I'll Remember April J.J. Johnson Quartet

Henk

Good album. New release. Not a masterpiece, but the sparkle keeps me an attentive listener. Vandermark keeps changing and evolving. Good listening.

T. D.

I am a major fan of the relatively early Yamashita trio with Sakata and Moriyama. Though their music is extremely gnarly/free/outside and might not appeal to some many.

SimonNZ

Was listening to a jazz show on the radio yesterday and the host started a track saying it was from his all time favorite jazz album, and it was this. A Wynton album I don't think I've heard before.

SimonNZ

ando

Quote from: SimonNZ on April 06, 2024, 07:39:12 PM

Was listening to a jazz show on the radio yesterday and the host started a track saying it was from his all time favorite jazz album, and it was this. A Wynton album I don't think I've heard before.
One of my faves!

Henk

T. D.

Quote from: Henk on April 09, 2024, 07:57:19 AMFats and Tadd

Yes! I have the Blue Note twofer release, desert island material despite the irksome programming of consecutive pairs of alternate tracks (2x"The Chase", 2x"The Squirrel", 2x"Our Delight",...)

Listening

Takeru Muraoka (ts) Quartet incl. Masabumi Kikuchi (electric piano)

AnotherSpin

Gilad Hekselman (guitar), Eric Harland (drums), Shai Maestro (piano), Larry Grenadier (double bass)

Henk

Listened t
Quote from: AnotherSpin on April 10, 2024, 02:09:08 AMGilad Hekselman (guitar), Eric Harland (drums), Shai Maestro (piano), Larry Grenadier (double bass)

I listened to this yesterday. It's quite cool imo.