Youri Egorov box from EMI coming out

Started by Drasko, March 03, 2008, 12:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sidoze

great news and that is a real dedication to a fine young gay Russian pianist who died of aids before his time (just stating the facts). His live material is still best, but that Schumann is might good.

head-case

FideLeo

Quote from: head-case on March 03, 2008, 02:35:18 PM
Facts aren't always relevant.

I'd say that, to me at least, these are interesting.  :)
HIP for all and all for HIP! Harpsichord for Bach, fortepiano for Beethoven and pianoforte for Brahms!

Dancing Divertimentian

This ought to be a very fine box. I already have the Schumann and Debussy in earlier two-fers and cherish them. Too bad more Bach couldn't have been scraped up. His 6th Partita (live) on Channel Classics is near ideal for me, being ever so slightly on the legato side for a bit more buoyancy - but still keeping it 'Bach'.

Has anyone heard his WTC bk.1?

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

dirkronk

I'll almost surely be buying this set. I do own some of Egorov's recordings on LP, but on CD they are incredibly expensive in the used market. Amazon lists only a few of the previous budget twofers, and they invariably range from 60-something bucks to $299. This generous and most affordable release will knock the props out of those prices...and that's fine with me. But it's access to this much music from this talent that will be most welcome.

Dirk

Todd

Excellent news.  His Schumann set is superb, and I've been searching for an affordable copy of his Debussy for a while.  Given everything else in the set, I think I shall buy as soon as possible.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya