ROH announces its 07/08 season

Started by Siedler, April 09, 2007, 08:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siedler

Sept Iphigenie en Tauride, Gluck, (New co-production), dir: Robert Carsen, cond: Ivor Bolton, Susan Graham, Simon Keenlyside

Oct/Nov The Ring, Wagner, dir: Keith Warner, cond: Antonio Pappano, Placido Domingo, Bryn Terfel (inc Wanderer), John Tomlinson, John Treleaven, Lisa Gasteen

Nov L’Elisir d’Amore, Donizetti, (New co-production), dir: Laurent Pelly, cond: Mikko Franck, Rolando Villazon, Aleksandra Kurzak

Dec Parsifal, Wagner, dir: Klaus Michael Gruber, cond: Bernard Haitink, Christopher Ventris, John Tomlinson, Falk Struckmann

Dec/Jan La Cenerentola, Rossini, dir: Moshe Leiser & Patrice Caurier, cond: Evelino Pido, Magdalena Kozena, Toby Spence

Jan/Feb La Traviata, Verdi, dir: Richard Eyre, cond: Maurizio Benini, Anna Netrebko, Jonas Kaufmann, Dmitri Hvorostovsky

Jan/Feb A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Britten, (Linbury), dir: Olivia Fuchs, cond: Rory Macdonald, William Towers, Gillian Keith, Katie van Kooten

Jan/Feb Die Zauberflote, Mozart, dir: David McVicar, cond: Roland Boer, Christoph Strehl, Pavol Berslik, Kate Royal, Simon Keenlyside

Feb/Mar Salome, Strauss, (New production), dir: David McVicar, cond: Philippe Jordan, Nadja Michael, Michael Volle

Mar/Apr Eugene Onegin, Tchaikovsky, dir: Steven Pimlott, cond: Jiri Belohlavek, Gerald Finley, Marina Poplavskaya, Piotr Beczala

Mar/Apr Carmen, Bizet, dir: Francesca Zambello, cond: Daniel Oren, Nancy Fabiola-Herrara, Marcelo Alvarez, Kyle Ketelsen

Apr/May The Minotaur, Birtwistle, (New production World Premiere), dir: Stephen Langridge, cond: Antonio Pappano, John Tomlinson, Christine Rice, Philip Langridge

May Simon Boccanegra (1881), Verdi, dir: Ian Judge, cond: John Eliot Gardiner, Lucio Gallo, Nina Stemme, Marcus Haddock

June Tosca, Puccini, dir: Jonathan Kent, cond: Antonio Pappano, cast tbc

June/July Don Carlo (5 Act Italian), Verdi, (New production), dir: Nicholas Hytner, cond: Antonio Pappano, Rolando Villazon, Marina Poplavskaya, Ferruccio Furlanetto, Simon Keenlyside

June Powder Her Face, Ades, (New Linbury production), details tbc

June/July Ariadne auf Naxos, Strauss, dir: Christof Loy, cond: Mark Elder, Deborah Voigt, Elina Garanca, Richard Margison

June/July Le Nozze di Figaro, Mozart, dir: David McVicar, cond: Charles Mackerras, Ildebrando D’Arcangelo, Aleksandra Kurzak, Barbara Frittoli

July The Rake’s Progress, Stravinsky, (New co-production), dir: Robert Lepage, cond: Thomas Ades, Charles Castronovo, John Relyea, Sally Matthews

July La boheme, Puccini, dir: John Copley, cond: Christian Badea, Cristina Gallardo-Domas, Franco Vassallo, Nicole Cabell

uffeviking

Siedler, how thoughtful to give us the schedule. I read it with interest and some are very tempting, but not all of them, so I don't think I shall change my domicile and move to the London!

Of course everyone of the performances with Keenlyside should be a treat, especially the Iphigenie en Tauride.

The October/November Ring would be very desirable, but I can not stomach just one minute of John Treleaven on stage, any stage!

The Birtwistle with Philip Langridge is tempting one too, and maybe the Ades 'Powder her face' if the new production shows great improvement over the one I had on DVD.

I look forward to reading reviews from our London friends - Jon, you hear me?  ;) - about their attendances!

Hector

Fantastical, and the reason why the ROH is the Greatest opera house in the World!

Verdi and that German guy rubbing shoulders with a new Birtwhistle. They would have been proud.

bhodges

Quote from: uffeviking on April 09, 2007, 01:24:11 PM
The Birtwistle with Philip Langridge is tempting one too, and maybe the Ades 'Powder her face' if the new production shows great improvement over the one I had on DVD.

I look forward to reading reviews from our London friends - Jon, you hear me?  ;) - about their attendances!

Yes, I'd love to see that Birtwistle and the Adès, and the new Salome production, too.  Perhaps we could arrange a GMG charter flight... ;D

--Bruce

MDL

Has anyone seen the new ROH Salome? I'm going next week (I think - long story).

bhodges

Quote from: MDL on March 05, 2008, 08:03:30 AM

Oh do report back, please!  :D  The comments I've read have been all over the map...

--Bruce

Hector

Quote from: MDL on March 05, 2008, 08:03:30 AM

No, but I know somebody who has.

Musically fine, productionwise a bit iffy but he's like me: if what is going on onstage is dire, just close your eyes and enjoy the music. Enjoy!

MDL

Quote from: Hector on March 07, 2008, 05:47:43 AM
No, but I know somebody who has.

Musically fine, productionwise a bit iffy but he's like me: if what is going on onstage is dire, just close your eyes and enjoy the music. Enjoy!

The production apparently boasts lots of nudery and pervitude, so I'm sure it'll be worth keeping my eyes open.  :o