Author Topic: The unimportant news thread  (Read 367264 times)

Offline JBS

• Veteran member
  • If music be the food of love, play on!
Re: The unimportant news thread
« Reply #3780 on: November 20, 2020, 09:59:24 AM »
Interesting!  Any particularly interesting breed?  Believe it or not, at least twice, I have bought wall calendars that were chicken-themed (photos of various breeds).  The photos were amazing!  Beautiful birds...and yes, er, they were in my kitchen!  Trust that your neighbor also has hens?  Hopefully they also share some fresh eggs with you?   :)

Best wishes,

PD

I have no idea.  I've heard it but not seen it. We're a townhouse community so if he wants a chicken coop he would need to keep it on his patio.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Offline k a rl h e nn i ng

• Veteran member
  • Et quid amabo nisi quod ænigma est?
    • Henningmusick
  • Currently Listening to:
    Shostakovich, D. Scarlattii, Stravinsky, JS Bach, Liszt, Martinů, Haydn, Henning
« Reply #3781 on: November 20, 2020, 11:32:00 AM »
I have no idea.  I've heard it but not seen it. We're a townhouse community so if he wants a chicken coop he would need to keep it on his patio.

I'm guessing that arrangement could have its drawbacks.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Offline Pohjolas Daughter

• Veteran member
« Reply #3782 on: November 20, 2020, 11:39:41 AM »
Hmmm?  So, where then is he keeping the rooster I wonder?  :-\

PD

• Veteran member
    • Henningmusick
    Shostakovich, D. Scarlattii, Stravinsky, JS Bach, Liszt, Martinů, Haydn, Henning
« Reply #3783 on: November 20, 2020, 12:14:49 PM »
Their endeavor may just be a gator pantry.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

• Veteran member
« Reply #3784 on: November 20, 2020, 01:00:49 PM »
Oh, please don't say that Karl!  :(

PD

Offline JBS

• Veteran member
  • If music be the food of love, play on!
« Reply #3785 on: November 20, 2020, 01:35:15 PM »

The lake is usually gator free, and across the street from us. So unless the chicken crosses the road...

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

• Veteran member
    • Henningmusick
« Reply #3786 on: November 21, 2020, 06:09:36 AM »
There was a short-lived restaurant concept based (I think) in Teaneck, NJ, whose motto was "When in doubt, Chicken Out!"
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Offline LKB

• Veteran member
    something between my ears
« Reply #3787 on: November 21, 2020, 01:15:05 PM »
My love for chicken is downright scary, I've been eating it at least five times week for twenty years.

If God has feathers, I'm in trouble...

:o,

LKB

Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

• Veteran member
« Reply #3788 on: November 21, 2020, 02:16:19 PM »
My love for chicken is downright scary, I've been eating it at least five times week for twenty years.

If God has feathers, I'm in trouble...

:o,

LKB
lol LKB  Well, you never know.  :-X

O.k., and I mean this politely, you need to vary your diet more, non?  Perhaps some seafood and also some vegetarian meals?  The recipes/cookbooks these days are amazing (just saying)!  And not all of them take a lot of hands-on time too.   :)  Just a suggestion.

PD

Offline drogulus

• Veteran member
  • Gypsy, 1970
« Reply #3789 on: November 24, 2020, 09:27:43 AM »

The Dow hit 30,000 for the first time. It doesn't get more unimportant than that. Still, naming Janet Yellen to the Treasury post is doubleplus good. I'm expecting at least a mini-crash in late December or January and slow recovery thereafter. I won't see a full restoration of my titanic wealth in nominal terms until 2022.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0 Waterfox/56.2.13

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:64.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/64.0

Offline MusicTurner

• Veteran member
« Reply #3790 on: November 24, 2020, 12:11:44 PM »
A friend of mine claims that parts of the Danish stock markets are organized, fluctuations being mere temporary illusions and artificially created, say via false, non-verifiable rumours and organized buyings. In spite of the official rules prohibiting manipulations. It's a system that benefits the upper(most) elite, to maintain and expand its wealth, and maybe 1000 people are initiated and know it, the rest are senseless victims for the changes on an everyday basis.

But he says that he's broken some of the codes: there are predictable patterns and logarithms making it possible to predict fluctuations for parts of the stock market, that enjoy support or ownership by certain members of the old elite, typically large company formations, where some people are in many boards.

When certain combinations and sequences of numbers appear in the rate, it's a sign of the stocks having now reached either a low or a high point, and it will move/be moved either upwards or downwards. And the initiated investors know that. These numbers and sequences appear at certain times and are markers for the development. For example they could be 1-2-3-4, or reflect certain mathematical concepts in numbers.

He says that he recently scored 40% on one stock, and has given me names. He is not rich, but extremely savy, from mostly modest jobs. I'm not an investor though, at least so far. But he says that this information can actually also be found on the internet.

I wonder, if its true, whether it's just a local phenomenon, or it exists elsewhere. If he's right, it's probably very widespread.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:29:39 PM by MusicTurner »

Offline drogulus

• Veteran member
  • Gypsy, 1970
« Reply #3791 on: November 24, 2020, 01:24:32 PM »
A friend of mine claims that parts of the Danish stock markets are organized, fluctuations being mere temporary illusions and artificially created, say via false, non-verifiable rumours and organized buyings. In spite of the official rules prohibiting manipulations. It's a system that benefits the upper(most) elite, to maintain and expand its wealth, and maybe 1000 people are initiated and know it, the rest are senseless victims for the changes on an everyday basis.

But he says that he's broken some of the codes: there are predictable patterns and logarithms making it possible to predict fluctuations for parts of the stock market, that enjoy support or ownership by certain members of the old elite, typically large company formations, where some people are in many boards.

When certain combinations and sequences of numbers appear in the rate, it's a sign of the stocks having now reached either a low or a high point, and it will move/be moved either upwards or downwards. And the initiated investors know that. These numbers and sequences appear at certain times and are markers for the development. For example they could be 1-2-3-4, or reflect certain mathematical concepts in numbers.

He says that he recently scored 40% on one stock, and has given me names. He is not rich, but extremely savy, from mostly modest jobs. I'm not an investor though, at least so far. But he says that this information can actually also be found on the internet.

I wonder, if its true, whether it's just a local phenomenon, or it exists elsewhere. If he's right, it's probably very widespread.

Knowledge of the existence of a formula for a secret stock market pattern would break the pattern if it was widely used. For specific stocks all kinds of nonsense can go on. I ignore it. I'm less interested in how other stock owners behave over the short run than how the real economy performs.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0 Waterfox/56.2.13

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:64.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/64.0

Offline Todd

• Veteran member
« Reply #3792 on: November 27, 2020, 07:39:44 AM »
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Everything dies - Alien Bounty Hunter, The X-Files

Everyone dies - William Barr, United States Attorney General

Offline Todd

• Veteran member
« Reply #3793 on: November 28, 2020, 07:01:20 AM »
Mohsen Fakhrizadeh, Iran's top nuclear scientist, assassinated near Tehran

Hey, it could have been a mugging. 

I wonder if this sets off WWIII, the way Suleimani's death was supposed to earlier this year, based on the hand-wringing in the press.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Everything dies - Alien Bounty Hunter, The X-Files

Everyone dies - William Barr, United States Attorney General