The unimportant news thread

Started by Lethevich, March 05, 2008, 07:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBS

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on November 20, 2020, 04:28:30 AM
Interesting!  Any particularly interesting breed?  Believe it or not, at least twice, I have bought wall calendars that were chicken-themed (photos of various breeds).  The photos were amazing!  Beautiful birds...and yes, er, they were in my kitchen!  Trust that your neighbor also has hens?  Hopefully they also share some fresh eggs with you?   :)

Best wishes,

PD

I have no idea.  I've heard it but not seen it. We're a townhouse community so if he wants a chicken coop he would need to keep it on his patio.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Karl Henning

Quote from: JBS on November 20, 2020, 08:59:24 AM
I have no idea.  I've heard it but not seen it. We're a townhouse community so if he wants a chicken coop he would need to keep it on his patio.

I'm guessing that arrangement could have its drawbacks.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: JBS on November 20, 2020, 08:59:24 AM
Hmmm?  So, where then is he keeping the rooster I wonder?  :-\

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Karl Henning

Their endeavor may just be a gator pantry.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on November 20, 2020, 11:14:49 AM
Oh, please don't say that Karl!  :(

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

JBS

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on November 20, 2020, 11:14:49 AM

The lake is usually gator free, and across the street from us. So unless the chicken crosses the road...

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Karl Henning

There was a short-lived restaurant concept based (I think) in Teaneck, NJ, whose motto was "When in doubt, Chicken Out!"
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

LKB

My love for chicken is downright scary, I've been eating it at least five times week for twenty years.

If God has feathers, I'm in trouble...

:o,

LKB

Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: LKB on November 21, 2020, 12:15:05 PM
My love for chicken is downright scary, I've been eating it at least five times week for twenty years.

If God has feathers, I'm in trouble...

:o,

LKB
lol LKB  Well, you never know.  :-X

O.k., and I mean this politely, you need to vary your diet more, non?  Perhaps some seafood and also some vegetarian meals?  The recipes/cookbooks these days are amazing (just saying)!  And not all of them take a lot of hands-on time too.   :)  Just a suggestion.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

drogulus

The Dow hit 30,000 for the first time. It doesn't get more unimportant than that. Still, naming Janet Yellen to the Treasury post is doubleplus good. I'm expecting at least a mini-crash in late December or January and slow recovery thereafter. I won't see a full restoration of my titanic wealth in nominal terms until 2022.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

MusicTurner

A friend of mine claims that parts of the Danish stock markets are organized, fluctuations being mere temporary illusions and artificially created, say via false, non-verifiable rumours and organized buyings. In spite of the official rules prohibiting manipulations. It's a system that benefits the upper(most) elite, to maintain and expand its wealth, and maybe 1000 people are initiated and know it, the rest are senseless victims for the changes on an everyday basis.

But he says that he's broken some of the codes: there are predictable patterns and logarithms making it possible to predict fluctuations for parts of the stock market, that enjoy support or ownership by certain members of the old elite, typically large company formations, where some people are in many boards.

When certain combinations and sequences of numbers appear in the rate, it's a sign of the stocks having now reached either a low or a high point, and it will move/be moved either upwards or downwards. And the initiated investors know that. These numbers and sequences appear at certain times and are markers for the development. For example they could be 1-2-3-4, or reflect certain mathematical concepts in numbers.

He says that he recently scored 40% on one stock, and has given me names. He is not rich, but extremely savy, from mostly modest jobs. I'm not an investor though, at least so far. But he says that this information can actually also be found on the internet.

I wonder, if its true, whether it's just a local phenomenon, or it exists elsewhere. If he's right, it's probably very widespread.

drogulus

Quote from: MusicTurner on November 24, 2020, 11:11:44 AM
A friend of mine claims that parts of the Danish stock markets are organized, fluctuations being mere temporary illusions and artificially created, say via false, non-verifiable rumours and organized buyings. In spite of the official rules prohibiting manipulations. It's a system that benefits the upper(most) elite, to maintain and expand its wealth, and maybe 1000 people are initiated and know it, the rest are senseless victims for the changes on an everyday basis.

But he says that he's broken some of the codes: there are predictable patterns and logarithms making it possible to predict fluctuations for parts of the stock market, that enjoy support or ownership by certain members of the old elite, typically large company formations, where some people are in many boards.

When certain combinations and sequences of numbers appear in the rate, it's a sign of the stocks having now reached either a low or a high point, and it will move/be moved either upwards or downwards. And the initiated investors know that. These numbers and sequences appear at certain times and are markers for the development. For example they could be 1-2-3-4, or reflect certain mathematical concepts in numbers.

He says that he recently scored 40% on one stock, and has given me names. He is not rich, but extremely savy, from mostly modest jobs. I'm not an investor though, at least so far. But he says that this information can actually also be found on the internet.

I wonder, if its true, whether it's just a local phenomenon, or it exists elsewhere. If he's right, it's probably very widespread.

Knowledge of the existence of a formula for a secret stock market pattern would break the pattern if it was widely used. For specific stocks all kinds of nonsense can go on. I ignore it. I'm less interested in how other stock owners behave over the short run than how the real economy performs.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Todd

The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Todd

Mohsen Fakhrizadeh, Iran's top nuclear scientist, assassinated near Tehran

Hey, it could have been a mugging. 

I wonder if this sets off WWIII, the way Suleimani's death was supposed to earlier this year, based on the hand-wringing in the press.

Todd

SimonNZ

Quote from: Todd on December 03, 2020, 05:21:58 PM
Adolf Hitler Wins Election in Namibia, Has No Plans for World Domination

That's what the other one said.

...and I believe him: he only wants to reunite the German-speaking people of the Sudetenland with their mother country. Anyone who thinks he has any further plans for Czechoslovakia is suffering from HDS.

SimonNZ

looking for something completely unrelated I see this listed in a google search:

Mikhail Gorbachev blames TV show Dallas for the fall of the USSR

Karl Henning

Quote from: SimonNZ on December 04, 2020, 03:47:00 PM
looking for something completely unrelated I see this listed in a google search:

Mikhail Gorbachev blames TV show Dallas for the fall of the USSR

Credit not to Ronald St Reagan, but to Larry Hagman?

Separately:

"Maybe it's because people are looking to get a jump start on the holidays. Or maybe they're itching to spend time outside with family after months of staying home amid the pandemic.

Whatever the reason, a number of Christmas tree farms in Massachusetts have reported either being wiped out of cut-your-own trees, having only shorter trees left to sell, or being sold out altogether."
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

T. D.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-55213529

US singer-songwriter Bob Dylan has sold the rights to his entire back catalogue to Universal Music Group (UMG).

The deal is one of the biggest acquisitions in Universal's history and means the company will collect all future income from the songs.

It includes both the income Dylan currently receives as a songwriter and his control of each song's copyright.

The 79-year-old is known all over the world for songs like The Times They Are A-Changin', and Like a Rolling Stone.

Universal will acquire around 600 tracks, taken from a career spanning six decades.

The terms of the deal were not made public, but it is thought to be worth hundreds of millions of dollars.