The Back Room > The Diner

The unimportant news thread

<< < (836/944) > >>

LKB:

--- Quote from: André on November 11, 2021, 01:48:14 PM ---Both are examples of putinism, attempts to regain influence in former soviet republics or help ‘first-degree cousins’ like the Serbs in their own attempt to recreate a Great Serbia. The common denominator is to have them move closer to the russian bosom than the european one.

--- End quote ---

+1

One should never underestimate Putin. Having lost President Dumbass as his willing booster, it should be expected that he'd focus his energy on enhancing his local security, as well as making common cause with Xi wherever possible.

Can Biden continue effectively as the counterweight, given the coming mid-term elections and treasonous behavior of a majority of Republicans in Congress?

I'd like to believe that he can. Despite his obvious limitations, it would seem that Joe Biden is, in fact, a solid moderate who truly has the nation's best interests at heart. Let all who would sustain and strengthen the U.S. support the President, for he is worthy of his office, unlike the previous occupant.

Spotted Horses:
I went outside to see the near-total lunar eclipse at about 3am. Remarkable sight, with the moon glowing red except for a small slice or light. Would have been more dramatic to stay out for the two hours or so to watch the shadow move across the moon, but didn't seem practical to stay up that long in the wee hours.

Florestan:

--- Quote from: André on November 11, 2021, 01:48:14 PM ---the Serbs in their own attempt to recreate a Great Serbia.

--- End quote ---

This is one of the biggest, most blatant lies in the propaganda war against Serbia and the Serbs and I am greatly astonished to see it is still being circulated in AD 2021.

https://monthlyreview.org/2007/10/01/the-dismantling-of-yugoslavia/

k a rl h e nn i ng:
Good fun!

Opinion: A ranking of 100 — yes, 100 — Christmas songs

98. “Santa Baby.” The panicky Michael Bublé version that addresses Santa as “buddy” and “pally” and, even more confusingly, “poppy” has been richly and correctly mocked. But here is my bone to pick with the original, especially in 2018: Santa’s WHOLE CONCEPT, as far as I can understand it, is that he will give you amazing, wonderful gifts for NOTHING. Yet the singer in this song seems to be laboring under the delusion that to receive elegant presents, she has to sleep with him? Eartha, or whoever else is covering this, you don’t have to! This is Santa’s only job! If he told you this was part of the equation, he was lying!

SimonNZ:
Heh. I want to hear "Please, Daddy (Don't Get Drunk This Christmas)" played in malls.

They left off Tom Waits " Christmss Card From A Hooker In Minneapolis".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version