The unimportant news thread

Started by Lethevich, March 05, 2008, 07:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spotted Horses

I was trying to trouble shoot Bluetooth headphones coupling to my iMac. In the process, I turned off bluetooth. Then I realized my keyboard and mouse both couple by bluetooth. Duh! How do you turn bluetooth on again without a mouse of bluetooth? I did manage to find a USB mouse I use with a PC, plugged it in, that did the trick. :)
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

DavidW

That is one thing I will give to Windows.  Whenever I have to do something I rarely do on a Mac, I have to google how to do it.  When I want to do the same on Windows 10, I just type in their search bar and it immediately takes me to where I need to go.

Mac btw it is system preferences->bluetooth.  Not too hard.  Windows 10 just type bluetooth and select the first thing that comes up.

Todd

Euro zone bond yields edge up after hawkish ECB comments

Quote from: Stefano RebaudoItaly's 10-year government bond yield fell 3.5 bps to 3.756%, with the spread between Italian and German 10-year yields at 199.7 bps.

The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Spotted Horses

Quote from: DavidW on June 20, 2022, 07:02:29 AMMac btw it is system preferences->bluetooth.  Not too hard.  Windows 10 just type bluetooth and select the first thing that comes up.

You are missing the point. How do you do system preferences -> bluetooth when you've turned off bluetooth and your bluetooth mouse and keyboard have both been disconnected? On Mac you don't need to go to system preferences. By default there is a bluetooth pulldown attached to the system menu at the top of the screen.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

drogulus

'I trusted them with my savings:' Crypto investors scramble after accounts frozen

"I'm already considering that money gone. This is about standing up for all the people who watched my channel and trusted Celsius. They're not going to be able to absorb a loss like I can," Armstrong said, noting he has discussed possible scenarios with his lawyers. "This is about holding those people accountable for what they've done."

What do you mean "holding those people accountable"? How about holding yourself accountable, eh? As far as I know crypto is a legal scam.

People iz dum. The fact that dummies scam themselves while scamming others isn't unexpected. Ideological dingdongs do just that, getting high on their own supply like Cheech and Chong.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Karl Henning

Quote from: drogulus on June 21, 2022, 11:32:52 AM
     'I trusted them with my savings:' Crypto investors scramble after accounts frozen

"I'm already considering that money gone. This is about standing up for all the people who watched my channel and trusted Celsius. They're not going to be able to absorb a loss like I can," Armstrong said, noting he has discussed possible scenarios with his lawyers. "This is about holding those people accountable for what they've done."

What do you mean "holding those people accountable"? How about holding yourself accountable, eh? As far as I know crypto is a legal scam.

People iz dum. The fact that dummies scam themselves while scamming others isn't unexpected. Ideological dingdongs do just that, getting high on their own supply like Cheech and Chong.

Ernie, as Peter Falk has observed: When you're right, you're right.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

André

Quote from: drogulus on June 21, 2022, 11:32:52 AM

+ 1. A scam it is.

Karl Henning

The ABBA Voyage show in London is a stunning experience — and the future of live performance
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Todd

Todd

Todd

Spotted Horses

First a thread was locked. Then a thread about why the thread was locked was locked. The provocateur in me was tempted to start a thread about why the thread about the thread being locked was locked. But I thought better of it.  0:)

Karl Henning

Quote from: Spotted Horses on July 03, 2022, 08:07:16 AM
First a thread was locked. Then a thread about why the thread was locked was locked. The provocateur in me was tempted to start a thread about why the thread about the thread being locked was locked. But I thought better of it.  0:)

(* chortle *)
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Karl Henning

And remember: "Humility is society's greatest misconception."
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Florestan

Quote from: Spotted Horses on July 03, 2022, 08:07:16 AM
First a thread was locked. Then a thread about why the thread was locked was locked.

I can very well understand why the thread about why the other thread was locked was locked. What I can't understand is why the first thread was locked.

I just hope my remark won't cause this very thread to be locked.
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

LKB

We apologize again for the fault in the thread. Those responsible for locking the posters who have just been locked, have been locked.

( A Thread once bit my sister... )
Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

DavidW

Quote from: LKB on July 03, 2022, 12:19:17 PM
We apologize again for the fault in the thread. Those responsible for locking the posters who have just been locked, have been locked.

( A Thread once bit my sister... )

Unexpected Monty Python!

LKB

Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA