The unimportant news thread

Started by Lethevich, March 05, 2008, 07:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wendell_E

PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk

QuotePeople for the Ethical Treatment of Animals sent a letter to Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, cofounders of Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., urging them to replace cow's milk they use in their ice cream products with human breast milk, according to a statement recently released by a PETA spokeswoman.

"The fact that human adults consume huge quantities of dairy products made from milk that was meant for a baby cow just doesn't make sense," says PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman. "Everyone knows that 'the breast is best,' so Ben & Jerry's could do consumers and cows a big favor by making the switch to breast milk."

Complete article:  http://www.wptz.com/news/17539127/detail.html
"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ― Mark Twain

knight66

When I was in Scotland last week, it was publicised that one police force had been called using the emergency number, by a woman who wanted to complain that the floppy-eared rabbit she had bought via a newspaper advert was defective in that its ears were not as floppy as she had expected. She wanted to know what the police were going to do about it.

Possibly look for their recipe for bunny stew?

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

bhodges

Quote from: knight on September 24, 2008, 11:13:37 AM
When I was in Scotland last week, it was publicised that one police force had been called using the emergency number, by a woman who wanted to complain that the floppy-eared rabbit she had bought via a newspaper advert was defective in that its ears were not as floppy as she had expected. She wanted to know what the police were going to do about it.

Possibly look for their recipe for bunny stew?

Mike

I would love to have heard that telephone conversation... ;D

--Bruce

knight66

Yes, 'Go and boil yer bunny.'  might have been in there somewhere. The same force in highlighting the abuse of the emergency number also reported that they had two calls within a few minutes from different people complaining that a car had driven past them through a puddle and soaked them.

Into each life a little rain must be sprayed.

Mike

Lethevich

Quote from: knight on September 24, 2008, 11:13:37 AM

It's a shame that these people can't be fined :P
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

knight66

I think a split lip would be more effective.

Mike

karlhenning

Truth squadding floppiness in advertising.

knight66

Well, that is society for you these days, floppyness all round; almost.

Mike

Lethevich

M forever

Indeed. Were they on drugs? Why did they behave like that?

Lethevich

Quote from: M forever on September 25, 2008, 07:47:07 PM
Indeed. Were they on drugs? Why did they behave like that?

I was wondering the same, but none of the news reports even begin to explain it...

J.Z. Herrenberg

Quote from: Lethe on September 25, 2008, 09:10:48 PM
I was wondering the same, but none of the news reports even begin to explain it...

I can only imagine they are/were psychotic and were very determined to take their lives. Twins do things together. They can build their own shared delusional reality.
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

M forever

So you are saying that all twins are delusional?

J.Z. Herrenberg

No. I am saying that identical twins can form a unit.
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

Sorin Eushayson

Here's the key phrase that everyone should have noted: "...twin sisters from Sweden..."  Explains everything!  ;D  Crazy Swedes...  ::)

Lethevich

Tattoo clue led police to thief (click for video)

A car thief who had his name and date of birth tattooed on his neck was caught after CCTV images of him were used to track him down.

Aarron Evans, 21, pleaded guilty at Bristol Magistrates' Court to breaking into a covert capture car in the city.

The car had been left by Avon and Somerset Police officers with a covert camera concealed inside, which took pictures of Evans.

Evans, an illiterate man of no fixed address, was sentenced to seven months.

Supt Ian Wylie said: "Criminals won't be tolerated in Bristol and we will keep catching them and bringing them before the courts.

"We get such excellent images from these cameras that there is often, and never more so than in this case, no doubt who the criminal is."

knight66

He only got seven months, so could be out in three and a half. Time enough for his Mum to knit him a balaclava. I suppose with this one there was no point even in having tats of 'left' and 'right' on the appropriate knuckles.

Mike

karlhenning

A car thief who had his name and date of birth tattooed on his neck . . .

". . . if found, return to this address: . . ."

Lethevich

I am impressed that the "Avon and Somerset Police" still haven't changed their name after the country of Avon became defunct in 1996...