The unimportant news thread

Started by Lethevich, March 05, 2008, 07:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knight66

DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Papy Oli

Olivier

knight66

Amazing that the car driver was OK. I assume it was such a small car that the lorry driver could not see it once it was sideways on, but he must have been inattentive as the event unrolled.

Mike

Peregrine

MAN USED PENIS TO ASSAULT FEMALE POLICE OFFICER

http://bit.ly/aNIHcT

:-X
Yes, we have no bananas

knight66

It reads as though the thing was detachable.

Mike

Peregrine

Quote from: knight on March 19, 2010, 02:06:25 PM
It reads as though the thing was detachable.

;D

"Marium Varinauskas, 28, tried to strike the officer on the head with his penis when she was called out to his flat........................but she got out of the way."

and

"The accused got to his feet and was standing over the police officer exposing his penis and thrusting it in her face, forcing her to take evasive action to avoid getting struck."

Would love to have been in court hearing the Prosecution reading that lot out!

;D
Yes, we have no bananas

knight66

In a PM Gurn connected me to this story several days ago. This was mainly to suggest that Scots generaly bahave like this. Of course, they don't. Real Scots don't wear underpants.

There is a quote from a Scottish aristo in Victorian Scotland who wrote to his son when he was told that in India his son had contracted VD. 'No doubt you have been flourishing your genitals above what nature requires.'

I used to know someone in Glasgow who was a duty solicitor acting on a rota basis for those who were arrested. Sometimes he was handed an absolutely no possible win case. One such was a drunk who happened upon a police car where the doors were open; as the police had dashed out of the car to deal with an urgent incident. They saw him from a distance swaying, holding himself upright against the car and then pissing like a horse, (10 pints of lager no doubt), all over the driver's seat. Now...what defense do you concoct for that?

Me'Laud, my client was so drunk, that seeing this large metal object, he thought it was one of the on-street urinals and that he was fortunate he had not had to pay to get the door to open.....That did not wash with me'Laud.

Mike

Peregrine

Quote from: knight on March 19, 2010, 02:19:02 PM
I used to know someone in Glasgow who was a duty solicitor acting on a rota basis for those who were arrested. Sometimes he was handed an absolutely no possible win case. One such was a drunk who happened upon a police car where the doors were open; as the police had dashed out of the car to deal with an urgent incident. They saw him from a distance swaying, holding himself upright against the car and then pissing like a horse, (10 pints of lager no doubt), all over the driver's seat. Now...what defense do you concoct for that?

Me'Laud, my client was so drunk, that seeing this large metal object, he thought it was one of the on-street urinals and that he was fortunate he had not had to pay to get the door to open.....That did not wash with me'Laud.

Haha!

Reminds me of a night back in my student days in London. Out on the razzle with my mate, Dunc, pissed as farts the pair of us....Dunc decides to pick up one of those newspaper boards outside of a newsagent and chuck it in the road. stupid, obviously, but lands slap bang in front of a squad car. Two burly officers step out of the car and Dunc stands there, hands on hips, as cocksure as you like and asks proudly, "What's the charge, Sarge?!!"

Next thing he knows he's banged up for the night and in front of the District Judge the following morning for being D(r)unc and disorderly...silly boy, but we do chickle about it now!
Yes, we have no bananas

greg

Quote from: маразм1 on December 02, 2009, 08:42:38 AM
http://features.csmonitor.com/innovation/2009/12/02/man-marries-video-game-girlfriend/ 

Man marries vidogame character.  Only in Japan....freaking crazy nutjobs.
I think I saw this on TV once, but it was only the last few minutes of a show I missed. Doesn't make any sense...  ???

Lethevich

Hunt for Worthing "poo thief"

"...perhaps thinking that there was something of value inside." ;D
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

knight66

Where there's muck, there's brass.

Mike

knight66

'Two women arrested on suspicion of trying to smuggle a dead relative out of Liverpool's John Lennon airportTwo women arrested on suspicion of allegedly trying to smuggle a dead relative on to a flight to Germany have insisted they are innocent.
Gitta Jarant and her daughter Anke Anusic were arrested at Liverpool John Lennon Airport on Saturday when it transpired Kurt Willi Jarant, 91, was dead.
Mr Jarant, known as Willi, was in a wheelchair and wearing sunglasses when officials checked his pulse and found no life.
Mrs Jarant, 66, and Mrs Anusic were due to board a flight to Berlin with several others when police swooped to arrest them on suspicion of failing to give notification of death.'

Mike

karlhenning

I have no quarrel with Liverpool wishing to honor a famous son . . . the idea of John Lennon's name on an airport strikes me as somehow a mild dissonance.

Just my trip, let us say.

Scarpia

General motors only lost 4.3 billion this quartet.   According to the New York Times, this is a good sign.   ???

Wendell_E

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on April 07, 2010, 05:50:19 AM
I have no quarrel with Liverpool wishing to honor a famous son . . . the idea of John Lennon's name on an airport strikes me as somehow a mild dissonance.

Just my trip, let us say.

I did a double take when I heard that one, too.  On the other hand, I'd sign a petition to change Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport to John Philip Sousa Washington National Airport.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ― Mark Twain

knight66

Here is a follow-up to the Lennon Airport Gig

A man found dead when two relatives allegedly tried to smuggle him on to a flight to Germany had died up to 12 hours earlier of natural causes, police said.
Gitta Jarant and her daughter Anke Anusic were arrested at Liverpool John Lennon Airport last Saturday when it transpired Kurt Willi Jarant, 91, was dead.

Mr Jarant, known as Willi, was in a wheelchair and wearing sunglasses when officials checked his pulse and found no life.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: "A Home Office post-mortem examination concluded the man died of natural causes. Blood samples have also been sent off for further tests.
"The pathologist also concluded the death occurred up to 12 hours before he was pronounced dead.
"The two women arrested on suspicion of failing to give notification of death remain on bail until June."
Mrs Jarant, 66, and Mrs Anusic, 41, were due to board a flight to Berlin with several others when police swooped to arrest them on suspicion of failing to give notification of death.
The women deny claims that Mr Jarant, a German national, had already been dead for some time and they had managed to ferry him from their home in Oldham, Greater Manchester, by taxi.
The pair said that, when they arrived at the airport, two employees brought a wheelchair to the taxi and helped the Alzheimer's sufferer out.
They told officials he was asleep because they really thought he was, the pair said earlier this week.'

Mike

knight66

This man got a three year driving ban.

'As a means of transportation it left something to be desired in terms of comfort and street cred.
And when police asked the driver to pull over, the Barbie car, with its top speed of 4mph, was hopeless as a getaway vehicle.
Paul Hutton, 40, is regretting his impromptu roadtrip after he was arrested for drink-driving.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1267136/Father-banned-driving-getting-wheel-toy-Barbie-car-drunk.html#ixzz0lzkfqzne

Mike

knight66

A matador has been fined after running away from a bull and leaping over the arena wall.
Christian Hernandez was arrested after Sunday's botched bullfight at the Plaza Mexico in Mexico City, apparently for breach of contract, local media reported.
He was released after paying the fine.
More News
BP cleared to start burning oil
Obama: seafood from gulf is safe
Protesters 'may face death penalty'
Bin Laden mission 'Rambo' detained
Afghan militants step up attacks

"There are some things you must be aware of about yourself," the 22-year-old Mexican matador said in a television interview.
"I didn't have the ability, I didn't have the balls, this is not my thing."
In a sight rarely seen in the bravado world of bullfighting, Hernandez made a spin with his red cape at the charging bull, then ran across the ring and leapt headlong over the wall to safety, dropping his cape in the process. The crowd hooted in derision.
Several months ago, another bull seriously gored Hernandez in the leg.
Officials did briefly convince Hernandez to return to the ring, where he put his hands over his head and pointed upward before he made a second exit, shaking his head.
He later said he would retire from bullfighting.

http://news.aol.co.uk/world-news/matador-fined-after-running-away/article/20100615081615183884014

Mike

knight66

I did not see the programme, but the review indicates something very strange indeed. Modern life; the rich at play.

Quote from today's Guardian Newspaper....

'Series: Last night's TVPrevious | Index TV review: My Weird and Wonderful FamilyGay dads fathering identical twins, one four years older than the other. Complicated? You bet
   (8)Tweet this (16)Comments (36) 
Sam Wollaston The Guardian, Thursday 22 July 2010 Article history
Barrie (left) and Tony with Saffron and Aspen. Photograph: Christopher Thomond for the Guardian

The family in My Weird and Wonderful Family (Channel 4) took a bit of getting my head around. They're more of an unclear family than a nuclear one. So there are gay dads Tony and Barrie. That's easy enough. And they have three kids – Saffron, Aspen and Orlando. Fine. The complicated bit is how these children came about, and I was quite relieved that even the kids themselves seem a bit muddled about it. Saffron says she's Aspen's twin sister, and the evidence certainly points that way – they came out of the same woman, at around about the same time.

They didn't get in there in the traditional way, though, as she wasn't their mum, but a surrogate. Their biological mother was an egg donor, chosen for her looks and her brain; one of them was fathered by Tony, and the other by Barrie. I don't think the kids have been told who's whose (we're not, anyway). To all of them, Tony is Dad and Barrie is Daddy, or possibly it's the other way around. What does that make Saffron and Aspen? Half-twins?

It gets more complicated. Because Aspen's egg split, and one half was put on ice, to be used later. So Aspen and Orlando are actually identical twins, even though Aspen is four years older. Orlando will always know what he's going to look like in four years' time: when he looks at his older brother, he is kind of looking into his own future. Freaky. Orlando says that if it hadn't been for Tony and Barrie, then he would have been a crocodile, but I don't think that's right. The three kids cost £250,000 to make.

With me so far? Good, because it gets better, or worse, depending on how you view all this. Three kids is so last year, now Tony and Barrie want more – another couple of half-twins, but with a different donor. This time they're going on looks alone, and have picked out a 6ft catwalk model from the biological mum catalogue. No one's allowed to know who she is, because it's just easier that way.

Saffron wants sisters, but she's out of luck: they both turn out to be male. By my calculations, one will be her half-brother, and the other won't be related to her at all, as they will have no common parents. But that's looking at it in a very narrow-minded, old-fashioned kind of way.

There is a small scare: one of the foetuses is showing a higher than normal risk of developing Down's syndrome. There is always the possibility of putting it up for adoption if it doesn't come out right, says Barrie. They're fine, though – two beautiful boys, Jasper and Dallas. Probably best to keep the receipts just in case. How long is the guarantee on a baby, I wonder? Now they can be brought back home to Essex (the baby-making takes place in California, where it's legal), one big happy family.

Well, there are a few little problems. Like the kids getting teased at school. And other parents complaining that Barrie has hijacked the school pantomime to showcase his own thespian talents as the Fairy Godmother. And Eamonn Holmes on breakfast television suggesting that what they're doing isn't natural. And the fact that pretty much everyone else in the country agrees with him.

Certainly some of their queeny behaviour, Barrie's especially, doesn't help. Like asking the kids who they prefer, him or Tony, Dad or Daddy. And getting Saffron a specially made mink coat for her 10th birthday, and declaring: "I don't care who throws paint on you." That's not really going to help.

I'll leave all that to people who know right from wrong: outraged Daily Mail readers, God botherers, anxious liberals, people who have no problem at all with it. And you: let the debate begin.

As television, it's fabulous – one minute jaw-dropping, the next strangely touching. Daisy Asquith's film looks great, too; I like her trick of shooting them against a white background, like those photoshoots families do. She doesn't judge; her style is gently probing rather than confrontational. She gains their trust, and they give her – and us – what we want. The kids, too, because that's who we really want to hear from. They're certainly spoilt, precocious perhaps, and there is a touch of the Outnumbered monsters about them. Some of what they say sounds like it could have come straight from Barrie or Tony. Of course, it does – they're the parents, that's where language comes from. But they're nice. Normal even. Whatever normal is.'

Mike

oabmarcus

Hugh Hefner is taking Playboy private.