The unimportant news thread

Started by Lethevich, March 05, 2008, 07:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 14, 2012, 09:08:28 AM
I have a confession: I voted for a Republican in the 2012 election.
OH NO THE HORROR

Just kidding ;)

Todd

Quote from: Scarpia on November 14, 2012, 09:36:47 AMThe averaged result is therefore not meaningless, it is an understatment the problem.

It is meaningless.  The fact that Democrats won more votes as a whole nationwide is simply irrelevant to the makeup of the House.  If/when the opposite is true, it will be just as meaningless, as it has been in the past.

Quote from: Scarpia on November 14, 2012, 09:36:47 AMThe fact that it is not new does not mean it is not a serious problem.  Genocide is not new, it doesn't follow that people should not be concerned about it.

From gerrymandering to genocide in one post.  You're a wee bit prone to hyperbole.  Just one step shy of Godwin's Law, it turns out.

So how to solve such a problem?
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Mirror Image

Quote from: Brian on November 14, 2012, 09:33:41 AM
OH NO THE HORROR

Just kidding ;)

I've actually met this guy before and he's a really nice person and treats his employees well, so how could I not? I would have voted for another Republican, but I didn't know at the time of voting my Dad was friends with him.

Todd

Szykneij

Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

Papy Oli

http://www.letelegramme.com/local/finistere-sud/ouest-cornouaille/capsizun/plogoff/plogoff-le-mystere-du-piano-sur-la-falaise-22-03-2013-2044242.php

...a 150kg Piano has been found on a clifftop by ramblers near Plogoff in Brittany, in a hard-to-reach and windswept spot. Mayor and police left baffled  ;D

Olivier

Geo Dude

Parsifal

QuoteAMSTERDAM (AP) — Justin Bieber has visited the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam, and the museum says the Canadian pop star wrote in the guestbook that he hoped Frank "would have been a Belieber" if she had lived.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2013/04/14/world/europe/ap-eu-netherlands-bieber-anne-frank.html?hp

I'm still patiently waiting for this self-absorbed imbecile's 15 minutes of fame to be over.

Todd

Quote from: Parsifal on April 14, 2013, 10:02:05 AMI'm still patiently waiting for this self-absorbed imbecile's 15 minutes of fame to be over.

That his 15 minutes is not over shows very clearly that he (and his manager) is not an imbecile.  Self-absorbed, sure, but celebrities who are not self-absorbed sure seem thin on the ground.

knight66

He just has to be a cretin.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Todd

Gurn Blanston

Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Todd

Parsifal

Microsoft has captured 0.4% of the tablet market with Windows RT  (200,000 units out of 49.2 million).

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2013/05/01/technology/ap-us-tec-tablet-sales.html?hp

Parsifal

Minnesota Orchestra cancels current season due to labor dispute and Music Director Vanska threatens to resign. 

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/08/labor-dispute-effectively-ends-minnesota-orchestras-season/

Oh, well.

Todd